Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

These look so sweet, I was so hoping they released one last year cause my putting sucked, lol looking forward to hearing how you guys get along with these jewels

After a handful of, few dozen maybe, carpet putts today, I think I'm going to really like the putter. I'll cut right to the chase, the sound...

The original Wingman had an interesting sound from what I've read...this one is not that. It is similar to my other putters with sound, Cobra Widesport, SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange, Toulon Columbus. I will say the others are a touch more muted but similar dull thud/thwack sound. I did have an odd sounding plastic clicky sound on a few putts, so I was determined to figure out why it was so audibly different. On the 706, if you hit the ball at where the hosel meets the club head or closer to the end by the golfer (right side when looking face on at the putter) the sound is a loud click (very plastic sounding). Such an audible change you'll know you miss hit the putt, but I didn't see any real change in distance on 10ft putts.

The lock on alignment is money. Might be one of the best alignment aids I've seen. I'll still say SeeMore has the best with their rifle scope tech, but this one also makes it very easy to align the putt correctly.

I also might like this putter grip (Lamkin Sink Fit Pistol) better than the Super Stroke putter grips I've gamed for years. Their Fingerprint Technology give the grip a good feel to me (but that's not for a Tour Edge review).

The lie angle is important I feel with the 706 but maybe not a huge deal breaker if it's wrong. The standard lie angle is a touch more upright than most other putter brands and that is probably correct/ideal for this style. I went with a 70° lie angle and feel like I need to angle the putter more upright ever so slightly to align the "lock on alignment". Not enough for me to need to change the lie angle.

The putter puts a very good roll on the ball, can't wait to get it on the course. Coming from a blade, I don't think the adjustment period will be too long for this "mini" mid mallet putter. Weighting felt similar enough to me to the blade style that it was an easy practice session.
This is really good info.

I really wish Tour Edge had more of a presence in the retail stores because I think these might steal a few looks.

I know the Golf Galaxy near me has the E722 irons available (if you really looked) but their putter wall could easily fit one of each model of the Wingman 700s. Just not sure they'll be there.

Then heck with their 2-day custom fitting they could give a pseudo putter fitting and get the putter in about 3 days

First round out with the 701. The alignment was awesome. The Lock-On Technology was really well done. I didn't notice it with the living room putts, but the the sound is very much a hollow metal sound. It sounds and feels hallow. The strikes that were more heel or toe felt and sounded like being struck with something firm. The roll was fantastic. Putts that sounded or looked initially short rolled out nicely.

It does make me a little sad that I can't scoop the ball up with the putter.

Lol...and that I why I checked pretty early with the 706...seems to be a point of interest with a lot of putters

Played another round today and was able to get some more work in with the Wingman 706.
The shape of the grip just makes it so natural to set my hands in the right position.
I concentrated on the alignment line of the lock on technology today. It made it very easy to set up properly and roll the putt down the intended line. (If I could have only read the greens better today, that would have been a different story). All things considered, the ball rolled very true on the line I chose today. The lock on technology was a huge part of that.

First round out with the 701. The alignment was awesome. The Lock-On Technology was really well done. I didn't notice it with the living room putts, but the the sound is very much a hollow metal sound. It sounds and feels hallow. The strikes that were more heel or toe felt and sounded like being struck with something firm. The roll was fantastic. Putts that sounded or looked initially short rolled out nicely.

Agreed on the sound. Only rolled on a mat.

I rolled it again tonight and I do like the grip—it fits in the hands naturally. Had an easier time getting the Lock On to work and I like how well it rolls. My dad rolled it really well and he offered to take it home to test this week for me. I had to politely decline his offer.

Nice to see you guys getting more putts in with these. Like what i am hearing so far. Sounds like they have made some good improvements over the last version. Very cool.

I was able to get out again today. Some longer putts. With longer putts, more forceful strokes, the loud hollow metallic sound is more prevalent. I don't find it enjoyable.

I was able to get out again today. Some longer putts. With longer putts, more forceful strokes, the loud hollow metallic sound is more prevalent. I don't find it enjoyable.
Hollow metal sound, would you like it to an aluminum baseball bat? The Cure Putters had that originally and it was bad.

I don't find the 706 sound as a loud metal sound. My daughter has an old metal junior putter, Ram brand, and the 706 and that putter sound very similar

Hollow metal sound, would you like it to an aluminum baseball bat? The Cure Putters had that originally and it was bad.

I don't find the 706 sound as a loud metal sound. My daughter has an old metal junior putter, Ram brand, and the 706 and that putter sound very similar
Higher pitch than an aluminum bat.

It's tough because the Lock-On is amazing and I do like how good the ball rolls off the face regardless of strike. But the sound is just so "twank".

It's tough because the Lock-On is amazing and I do like how good the ball rolls off the face regardless of strike. But the sound is just so "twank".
If you take the weight out is it hollow inside? Could you fill it with cotton balls or something to dull the sound?

Anyone who had the prior version...is that the same type of sound?

If you take the weight out is it hollow inside? Could you fill it with cotton balls or something to dull the sound?
The weights on the 701 or way back on the wings. There is a cutout behind the face.

The weights on the 701 or way back on the wings. There is a cutout behind the face.
Might be a stretch but the screws on the carbon plate...does the carbon plate come off?

oof that doesn't seem like it would be a good sound. Makes it tough when everything else seems good but the sound is annoying. How far out from the hole is it where it starts being more obnoxious?

Might be a stretch but the screws on the carbon plate...does the carbon plate come off?
I don't know how inclined I am in taking the putter apart to figure out why the putter sounds like it does. I am not terribly interested in fixing the sound either.

oof that doesn't seem like it would be a good sound. Makes it tough when everything else seems good but the sound is annoying. How far out from the hole is it where it starts being more obnoxious?
I would say anything longer than 20'.

I don't know how inclined I am in taking the putter apart to figure out why the putter sounds like it does. I am not terribly interested in fixing the sound either.
I know the weights are far back, but I wonder if the 703/704 has a similar sound

Is this where the sound is coming from? I wonder if the extended lock on alignment makes the sound worse.

The 706 is about half that size

Screenshot_20220731-203639_Chrome.jpg

I would say anything longer than 20'.
That's not all that far out, really. That's a bummer. At least it rolls well, hopefully the performance makes it worth it. I'd have a hard time though if I didn't like the sound of my putter....even if only from 20' and further.

Love the look of these. I wish they gave a bit more detailed specs though. Very tempted to pick one up to try.

Back