Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

Well today was a rough day on the greens for me and the first round I've had with the 706 I wish I had my blade in the bag. Not sure if it was just a bad day on the greens, but I had one three putt, which was a 3 putt par from about 30 feet. Also had what is technically a two separate two putts from off the fringe, but really feel like 3 putts because I was only 25 to 30 feet from the pin. I just couldn't make any putts today. I think getting the alignment set properly got in my head and was a distraction as I was making putts on the putting green pre-round but just not the case today.

Played a couple rounds this weekend and continue to enjoy using the model 706.
I have found getting the alignment lines set with this putter to be very easy. It actually helps me make sure my hands are in the correct position before starting my putting stroke . I have also the not had any 3 putts in the last 3 rounds which is huge!

The confidence continues to build using this putter.

I had a much better round today with the 706. No missed short putts and made some three 10+ foot putts and 3 more in the 6-9 foot range. Felt like I was able to get my alignment better today and get a better stroke on it. I did have one 3 putt from 15. It was a downhill eagle putt and I was super aggressive on it (all gas no brakes is my motto) and blew it about 10 feet by and missed the comebacker for birdie.

Played a couple rounds this weekend and continue to enjoy using the model 706.
I have found getting the alignment lines set with this putter to be very easy. It actually helps me make sure my hands are in the correct position before starting my putting stroke . I have also the not had any 3 putts in the last 3 rounds which is huge!

The confidence continues to build using this putter.
That’s a really good tell if something is working

I've noticed the hollow bat sound is more on toe strikes than better strikes. But the sound is still high pitched and metallic.

Please forgive Bill Squier, even though it is a bit of an appropriate song

I wanted to roll some putters and stopped in both a local shop and GG today. The former had the entire Wingman 700 series and I spent time with all of them. Ball doesn’t lie - the 705 was really good for me. Probably the best out 25+ putters I tried.

I wanted to roll some putters and stopped in both a local shop and GG today. The former had the entire Wingman 700 series and I spent time with all of them. Ball doesn’t lie - the 705 was really good for me. Probably the best out 25+ putters I tried.
What did you think about the feel and the lock on setup tech they use?

What did you think about the feel and the lock on setup tech they use?
Feel was a little compromised because they had plastic on the heads, but even then it was definitely something I could work with.

As for the lock-on, I didn’t even realize what it was until I was slightly off. It became pretty apparent and then I just gave it a quick look for assurance before I pulled the trigger. I like the arrows just because it’s a confidence inspiring shape on a putter.

The weight kit would be a must-have. Not because I thought I needed it, but I would want to tinker and dial it in perfectly.

Feel was a little compromised because they had plastic on the heads, but even then it was definitely something I could work with.

As for the lock-on, I didn’t even realize what it was until I was slightly off. It became pretty apparent and then I just gave it a quick look for assurance before I pulled the trigger. I like the arrows just because it’s a confidence inspiring shape on a putter.

The weight kit would be a must-have. Not because I thought I needed it, but I would want to tinker and dial it in perfectly.
The Lock On is so good. I am not in love with the sound and feel, but I am in love with how well this putter gets the ball on line.

I thought I would want to tinker with the weight kit (I don't have one) and have not had any desire yet to try something other than the standard weights that came in.

The Lock On is so good. I am not in love with the sound and feel, but I am in love with how well this putter gets the ball on line.

I get it. I’d love to take the plastic off, but I don’t know if that’ll fly.

I thought I would want to tinker with the weight kit (I don't have one) and have not had any desire yet to try something other than the standard weights that came in.

So, here’s the stupid reason why I said that. The second best putter I tried was an Odyssey - but it had the “don’t steal me” sensor on it :LOL: I tried the same putter without the sensor and it felt too light. So, naturally this would mean I must buy a weight kit.

I get it. I’d love to take the plastic off, but I don’t know if that’ll fly.

So, here’s the stupid reason why I said that. The second best putter I tried was an Odyssey - but it had the “don’t steal me” sensor on it :LOL: I tried the same putter without the sensor and it felt too light. So, naturally this would mean I must buy a weight kit.
I'm with you. I am shocked I have not conjured up a reason why I need the weight kit yet. Just give it a few week and I will have one on the way...

Love it. It’s why the SeeMore RST has worked for me. It’s like an insurance policy

Love it. It’s why the SeeMore RST has worked for me. It’s like an insurance policy
I've said the SeeMore RST and the TEE lock-on tech are probably the two best alignment aids I've used, subtle enough to be considered "normal" but highly effective

Not coincidentally, I put my Seemore back in the bag today. It will do until I can make something happen here.

there's my guy.

I really like the weighting of the 706 in it's standard weight setup. However, I am curious how the 8g weights on the bottom would change the feel and maybe give a touch more stability. Typically heavier putters I have a harder time with distance control/lag putting, so I'm not really wanting to change as this putter has been great so far, but what is a THPer who doesn't want to tinker?

The lock on technology is legit. Todays round I had 8 1-putts, burned the edges on 3 putts and left 2 more putts just short, but had the line.
Just can’t stress enough how easy it makes it to line up your putt.

Also, good news!

I was able to scoop the ball up with the 701! It wasn't easy and kind of clunky, but I was able to do it! Legit might be my biggest achievement on the golf course this year.

The lock on technology is legit. Todays round I had 8 1-putts, burned the edges on 3 putts and left 2 more putts just short, but had the line.
Just can’t stress enough how easy it makes it to line up your putt.
8 1-putts is awesome...is that more a testament to the approach/chipping or longer putts you were draining?

I am finding the lock-on technology to be a bit of a distraction for me. I get so caught up in getting everything lined up, I lose focus on the putt and stroke itself. Part of the issue is, I struggle to get the lines in sync and have to fiddle and manipulate the club head to get it right. I am having better success by ignoring it all together and just doing what I normally would do.

Today's round was a mixed bag, which included two three putts, other missed opportunities, but some highlights of a made eagle and birdie putt, 2 sand saves, and a 15 foot par save. The 706 puts a nice roll on the ball.

Back