Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

I am finding the lock-on technology to be a bit of a distraction for me. I get so caught up in getting everything lined up, I lose focus on the putt and stroke itself. Part of the issue is, I struggle to get the lines in sync and have to fiddle and manipulate the club head to get it right. I am having better success by ignoring it all together and just doing what I normally would do.

Today's round was a mixed bag, which included two three putts, other missed opportunities, but some highlights of a made eagle and birdie putt, 2 sand saves, and a 15 foot par save. The 706 puts a nice roll on the ball.
Do you think there could be some implications of lie angle and length of the putter that make it more challenging for you to get the arrows lined up correctly?

Do you think there could be some implications of lie angle and length of the putter that make it more challenging for you to get the arrows lined up correctly?
The length should be good. I’m playing it at the same length I’ve been fit into. I’m playing a standard lie angle and believe I would be better served with something more upright. I am hoping to get it looked at within the next few weeks.

A combination of both.
Ok, I was rushed when I responded to this so please let me expand a bit.

I had a combination of a couple 15 -20 footers as well as a couple 2 - 4 footers. I did have close to a 40 footer that burned the edge (that would have been nice to drain).

The length should be good. I’m playing it at the same length I’ve been fit into. I’m playing a standard lie angle and believe I would be better served with something more upright. I am hoping to get it looked at within the next few weeks.

That doesn’t surprise me. Hopefully that helps sort it out a little.

So I have a good/interesting update. Since getting the 706, it's driven me crazy I cannot get the lines on the putter to sync up. I've been thinking there is something either really wrong with my setup or the fit of this putter for me.

I took the 706 in to have the lie angle adjusted and before that happened, the clubmaker asked me to putt a few. I hit one putt and he asked to look at it based on the sound--it was very tingy he said. He measured the loft at 0*. Standard loft is 3*. At 3* the putter has a much more muted sound. Not sure if the same loft issue is going on for @blugold.

Even with the loft adjusted, I still was struggling with my setup and the clubmaker said my eyes were well past the ball so he adjusted the lie angle more upright. With the upright lie angle, the alignment felt better and the stroke feels more natural.

The clubmaker felt like the clubhead was a little light and compared to others it is. I think the putting woes I've had with the 706 are more attributed to the lie/loft than the weight.

So I have a good/interesting update. Since getting the 706, it's driven me crazy I cannot get the lines on the putter to sync up. I've been thinking there is something either really wrong with my setup or the fit of this putter for me.

I took the 706 in to have the lie angle adjusted and before that happened, the clubmaker asked me to putt a few. I hit one putt and he asked to look at it based on the sound--it was very tingy he said. He measured the loft at 0*. Standard loft is 3*. At 3* the putter has a much more muted sound. Not sure if the same loft issue is going on for @blugold.

Even with the loft adjusted, I still was struggling with my setup and the clubmaker said my eyes were well past the ball so he adjusted the lie angle more upright. With the upright lie angle, the alignment felt better and the stroke feels more natural.

The clubmaker felt like the clubhead was a little light and compared to others it is. I think the putting woes I've had with the 706 are more attributed to the lie/loft than the weight.

Thats a great update.I’m really glad you took the time to do that @Jeff Spicoli

My sound issues, the really bad shudder inducing sound comes on strikes toe side of center, for me.

Thats a great update.I’m really glad you took the time to do that @Jeff Spicoli
Thank you, sir. I do what I can for the people.

The loft being off is not unique to TEE. My set of Mizuno irons I got a few months ago were all over the place with loft and lie.

The loft being off is not unique to TEE. My set of Mizuno irons I got a few months ago were all over the place with loft and lie.
Did you get your 706 with the standard lie? What is yours at now?

Did you get your 706 with the standard lie? What is yours at now?
Standard lie. I believe it was adjusted 2 upright from there. I stopped listening in the middle of our conversation kind of like @GolferGal does to @JB. As a tester, I failed in my duty for getting the concrete details, but I can't help who I am.

Kind of shocked Mizuno was off a lot. I know QC can be all over the place, but I generally thought they were one of the better ones

That falls more in line with what I hear , the muted click not the tingy sound you & @blugold have experienced. Glad you were able to get it adjusted.

That falls more in line with what I hear , the muted click not the tingy sound you & @blugold have experienced. Glad you were able to get it adjusted.
I also have not had the poor sound unless it's a severe miss hit. I also seem to get the lines to line up...but my eyes might need to be checked too :LOL:

Kind of shocked Mizuno was off a lot. I know QC can be all over the place, but I generally thought they were one of the better ones

I was too, especially after how long it took for them to arrive. Just another reminder to have everything checked.

I never thought it was super tingy or something that was abrasive.

Standard lie. I believe it was adjusted 2 upright from there. I stopped listening in the middle of our conversation kind of like @GolferGal does to @JB. As a tester, I failed in my duty for getting the concrete details, but I can't help who I am.
Wow. A 73° lie angle is REALLY upright!

Wow. A 73° lie angle is REALLY upright!
Assuming it was 71* before. I didn’t ask what the actual lie angle was before it was adjusted.

I rolled the 706 on the putting mat last night and getting the Lock On lined up was so much easier and more comfortable than before. I was seeing putts start out to the right previously and last night the ball was starting out on line and staying there (not every time but that's the human factor).

I think that’s such a good lesson for people to see, @Jeff Spicoli

In a way, you were fortunate that the lock-on feature was there to give you some visual feedback indicating something wasn’t right. Imagine all the people out there that probably have no clue.

I think that’s such a good lesson for people to see, @Jeff Spicoli
In a way, you were fortunate that the lock-on feature was there to give you some visual feedback indicating something wasn’t right. Imagine all the people out there that probably have no clue.

Yep. I almost went into Golf Galaxy to have them adjust the lie angle. Glad I took it where I did because I wouldn't have known or figured out the loft issue.

*****Internet golfer alert******

I had another disappointing performance with the 706 today. Today was a nine hole round for men's league. I'm about 9 rounds in overall testing with the 706 and my two worst putting performances of the year have occurred during this time. The mid to long range putts are not a problem and I wish I had the data from the previous putter I was using (I got the Shot Scope the same time the 706 arrived) but it feels like I am making more mid range (putts from 10+ feet) with the 706. It's the shorter putts from 4 to 6 feet that are giving me fits. Making those putts previously was not an issue. This is where the internet golf warning applies. The 706 is lighter than what I used to playing and I'm not feeling steady on the shorter putts. I am seriously pondering ordering the weight kit @The Dave :)

Meant to add the previous post that with the Shot Scope V3 app, I have 3 rounds comparing shot gained vs a 0 handicap (I'm currently a 1.4) of -1.83, -2.55, and -2.66.

Meant to add the previous post that with the Shot Scope V3 app, I have 3 rounds comparing shot gained vs a 0 handicap (I'm currently a 1.4) of -1.83, -2.55, and -2.66.
Tour Edge is still solid out of their weight kits...missed the window to order for now

You're approaching my SG putting stats next to a 0 handicap (-2.97) and I'm at a 15 handicap 😲

I haven't had the same experience with my 706, but that's why there are so many options.

My putting stats from my previous putters has improved, but only slightly according to my v3 stats. Had I not had the v3 I wouldn't have known and said "all putters are about the same for me"

Comparison to a 15 handicap...

SeeMore I used in 2021 is almost exactly the same SG stats (-0.96). Odyssey in late 2020 was not the best for me as it was -1.7 SG

Cobra was -1.2 and the Wingman 706 is at -0.95.

I am not the best putter when it comes to GIR as that's typically where I get 3-putts from long first putts. My goal is to 2-putt every green which is generally what I do most rounds.

Tour Edge is still solid out of their weight kits...missed the window to order for now

You're approaching my SG putting stats next to a 0 handicap (-2.97) and I'm at a 15 handicap 😲

I haven't had the same experience with my 706, but that's why there are so many options.

My putting stats from my previous putters has improved, but only slightly according to my v3 stats. Had I not had the v3 I wouldn't have known and said "all putters are about the same for me"

Comparison to a 15 handicap...

SeeMore I used in 2021 is almost exactly the same SG stats (-0.96). Odyssey in late 2020 was not the best for me as it was -1.7 SG

Cobra was -1.2 and the Wingman 706 is at -0.95.

I am not the best putter when it comes to GIR as that's typically where I get 3-putts from long first putts. My goal is to 2-putt every green which is generally what I do most rounds.
Overall for the 6 rounds I’ve been able to use the Shot Scope, average is -.87. Less than 10 feet is the worst part of it.
The 15g weights are available so I may go that range.
With the Budget Golf Championship coming up, I need to get the 706 figured out or I’m going to use my blade.

Back