Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

Higher pitch than an aluminum bat.

It's tough because the Lock-On is amazing and I do like how good the ball rolls off the face regardless of strike. But the sound is just so "twank".
The Model 706 doesn’t have that sound. To me it’s more of a muted “click”. Saturday, I had a couple putts that ran longer than 20’ and required a good firm strike.

Love the look of these. I wish they gave a bit more detailed specs though. Very tempted to pick one up to try.
$200 is such a good price for these. If you don’t pick one up before NC, I’ll have mine so you can try it then.

Was able to roll the 706 (center shaft model) on the practice mat and I am getting a better feel for the setup and lining up the Lock-On feature. I should be able to get in a few rounds this weekend so will have plenty of feedback.

I'm getting in a round this weekend and will provide some real course feedback

The distance control off of the 701 is so good. Toe or heel strikes seem to keep rolling. Lots of MOI. Lots of hollow kettle sound at impact, but distance control is so good.

I am going to get to the course tomorrow to try and record some sounds.

Has anyone played around with the weights to see what changes occur?

Has anyone played around with the weights to see what changes occur?
A weight kit was not included with my putter.

I have gotten to play a few more times and continue to get more comfortable with the 706. Alignment with this putter just feels very natural now. Once you have your putt lined up, trust your stroke and it holds it’s line.
Two of the guys I played against tonight continued to ask to use it. They both were very impressed with its performance.

The distance control off of the 701 is so good. Toe or heel strikes seem to keep rolling. Lots of MOI. Lots of hollow kettle sound at impact, but distance control is so good.

I am going to get to the course tomorrow to try and record some sounds.
I’ve got the 706 and the distance control is the thing that stands out from my first round with it.

I'm not able to do a full write-up at the moment, but I had a stellar round of putting with the 706 this morning. It is really easy to get the ball started online and the roll quite nice.

For my Tour Edge Exotics Wingman review, I will be testing out the 706 model. The 706 is a center-shafted, face-balanced compact mallet. TEE states the 706 offers the playability of a blade while offering the forgiveness of a mallet.

The 706, like all the other Wingman models, has the Lock-On Alignment Technology, which are the two lines on top of the putter that if they line up, you are in the correct position for the lie angle for the putt.

Other tech worth noting is the use of the carbon sole plate allows for more weight to be moved to the perimeter of the putter to help with stability and forgiveness. Additionally, the TEE states the horizontal lines on the insert, the Micro-Grove Technology helps reduce skidding and improves forward roll.

I chose to test the 706 because in addition to the smaller profile and center shaft fitting my eye, I wanted to test a face-balanced putter as I don't have a lot of arc in my stroke and my miss tends to be a push. A face-balanced putter should help with that. I have also had success with a center-shafted putter in the past, the Scotty Cameron Red X2. The 706 is certainly compact, it is much smaller than my Taylormade Tour Red Spider. I gamed the Tour Red for about 5 years before switching to a blade as I wanted something less bulky. For me, TEE has nailed the size and look of the 706. I have only used the 706 for two rounds, but it appears TEE has done a great job of packing a lot of forgiveness in a compact mallet.

One of the more frustrating things while putting is watching the ball jump, bounce, and skid when you putt (not talking about bumpy greens). I can't say there has been no skidding with the 706, but I've not seen anything noticeable through rounds. I cannot stress enough how impressed I've been with how smoothly the ball comes off the putter. The Micro-Grove Technology appears to be doing its job. With my Spider putter I would get noticeable skidding on longer putts--nothing of note yet. From short putts to long ones, the ball comes off consistently and on-line.

The two rounds I've played have been at different courses with very different green speeds. The first round I played, the greens were for lack of a better term, a normal green speed, probably the speed most of us play at public courses. The greens for the second round were much faster. Through 36 holes, three putt free--the two rounds before I had a three putt in each of those rounds. The lack of three putts is directly attributed to distance control and again, minimal skidding. I've been able to manage the speed really well for jumping right into it with a new putter.

The flagship feature of the putter, the Lock-On Technology, is very different from anything I've used in a long-time. It's similar to Seemore's Rifle Scope in that you have a visual confirmation on the putter, but the Lock-On feels like it's a confirmation of not just face angle but lie angle. Apparently, I have issues with my setup as it's taken me a little bit of fiddling around to get the lines to not be crooked. The Lock-On Tech is a nice affirmation that you have things lined up. On the course I am using it as a reference, especially on shorter putts.

So far the results have been very positive with the 706. If I had to self-diagnose my biggest issues with putting it would alignment. I do anticipate the 706 helping me in that regard. I am a good lag putter, but don't feel like I make enough putts in the 6 to 12 foot range. Last round I made about an 8 foot, slippery downhill eagle that if I had stats like they do on the PGA Tour, my make percentage would have been below 50%.

I have not paid close attention to the sound. It has a tingy, metallic sound on longer putts, but I don't find it to be overly loud.

Even though the 706 is a center-shafted putter, it is small enough to fit into after-market putter headcovers, like the THP one made by EP. For whatever reason, I am having a slight difficulty getting the 706 to slide easily and quickly into its headcover. It's a good quality with magnets, but it's just a little tight.

I will hopefully get in a few more rounds this weekend and will update then. Until then, ask away with any questions.
79B11C09-779C-48C4-B64A-92FE71C113CC.jpegFC0EF1EC-8F12-4718-9716-697F79B8E14A.jpegA8573C1E-ED05-4C9E-BAA8-A844CD83AEA2.jpeg

4 rounds in and only one 3 putt.

That is pretty darn good.
I will take it, that’s for sure. I’ve had plenty of opportunities for 3 putts but between the distance control and ability to line up and get the ball rolling online, I’m quite happy.

Cobra putter was on fire today (maybe it knows a TEE wingman 700 is on the way)...made a 30ft putt and multiple 10-15 foot putts for the birdies on the day.
I can attest that a Putter can make a difference. 20 years ago I bought a large Mallet from Wilson before BIG was in. It steadied my swing but I just could not get the speed right. Last year I had a apifany and tested putts on different parts of face. Found in center the face was hot, but anywhere else it was dead. Picked up a Spider Tour and what a difference. It was like hitting a GI Iron over a Blade. It's not always between your ears.

For whatever reason, I am having a slight difficulty getting the 706 to slide easily and quickly into its headcover. It's a good quality with magnets, but it's just a little tight.
I noticed this too yesterday in my round.

I'll have more thoughts on the putter today from yesterday's round, but I was impressed with how easy the transition was from the Cobra Widesport to this.

Distance control was very good. I am not a particularly great lag putter and sometimes leave myself way more than I'd like, but most of my second putts were inside of 3 feet. I had a couple longer second putts and will have to go through Shot Scope to get distances, but only had one 3 putt and it was just a poor read that lipped out

For my Tour Edge Exotics Wingman review, I will be testing out the 706 model. The 706 is a center-shafted, face-balanced compact mallet. TEE states the 706 offers the playability of a blade while offering the forgiveness of a mallet.

The 706, like all the other Wingman models, has the Lock-On Alignment Technology, which are the two lines on top of the putter that if they line up, you are in the correct position for the lie angle for the putt.

Other tech worth noting is the use of the carbon sole plate allows for more weight to be moved to the perimeter of the putter to help with stability and forgiveness. Additionally, the TEE states the horizontal lines on the insert, the Micro-Grove Technology helps reduce skidding and improves forward roll.

I chose to test the 706 because in addition to the smaller profile and center shaft fitting my eye, I wanted to test a face-balanced putter as I don't have a lot of arc in my stroke and my miss tends to be a push. A face-balanced putter should help with that. I have also had success with a center-shafted putter in the past, the Scotty Cameron Red X2. The 706 is certainly compact, it is much smaller than my Taylormade Tour Red Spider. I gamed the Tour Red for about 5 years before switching to a blade as I wanted something less bulky. For me, TEE has nailed the size and look of the 706. I have only used the 706 for two rounds, but it appears TEE has done a great job of packing a lot of forgiveness in a compact mallet.

One of the more frustrating things while putting is watching the ball jump, bounce, and skid when you putt (not talking about bumpy greens). I can't say there has been no skidding with the 706, but I've not seen anything noticeable through rounds. I cannot stress enough how impressed I've been with how smoothly the ball comes off the putter. The Micro-Grove Technology appears to be doing its job. With my Spider putter I would get noticeable skidding on longer putts--nothing of note yet. From short putts to long ones, the ball comes off consistently and on-line.

The two rounds I've played have been at different courses with very different green speeds. The first round I played, the greens were for lack of a better term, a normal green speed, probably the speed most of us play at public courses. The greens for the second round were much faster. Through 36 holes, three putt free--the two rounds before I had a three putt in each of those rounds. The lack of three putts is directly attributed to distance control and again, minimal skidding. I've been able to manage the speed really well for jumping right into it with a new putter.

The flagship feature of the putter, the Lock-On Technology, is very different from anything I've used in a long-time. It's similar to Seemore's Rifle Scope in that you have a visual confirmation on the putter, but the Lock-On feels like it's a confirmation of not just face angle but lie angle. Apparently, I have issues with my setup as it's taken me a little bit of fiddling around to get the lines to not be crooked. The Lock-On Tech is a nice affirmation that you have things lined up. On the course I am using it as a reference, especially on shorter putts.

So far the results have been very positive with the 706. If I had to self-diagnose my biggest issues with putting it would alignment. I do anticipate the 706 helping me in that regard. I am a good lag putter, but don't feel like I make enough putts in the 6 to 12 foot range. Last round I made about an 8 foot, slippery downhill eagle that if I had stats like they do on the PGA Tour, my make percentage would have been below 50%.

I have not paid close attention to the sound. It has a tingy, metallic sound on longer putts, but I don't find it to be overly loud.

Even though the 706 is a center-shafted putter, it is small enough to fit into after-market putter headcovers, like the THP one made by EP. For whatever reason, I am having a slight difficulty getting the 706 to slide easily and quickly into its headcover. It's a good quality with magnets, but it's just a little tight.

I will hopefully get in a few more rounds this weekend and will update then. Until then, ask away with any questions.
View attachment 9110277View attachment 9110278View attachment 9110279
This is excellent stuff!

I noticed this too yesterday in my round.

I'll have more thoughts on the putter today from yesterday's round, but I was impressed with how easy the transition was from the Cobra Widesport to this.

Distance control was very good. I am not a particularly great lag putter and sometimes leave myself way more than I'd like, but most of my second putts were inside of 3 feet. I had a couple longer second putts and will have to go through Shot Scope to get distances, but only had one 3 putt and it was just a poor read that lipped out
I was so pumped to have the V3 for stats this weekend but the course I’m playing only has the front nine mapped.

I was so pumped to have the V3 for stats this weekend but the course I’m playing only has the front nine mapped.
Did you contact Shot Scope support? They're really good at mapping courses

Did you contact Shot Scope support? They're really good at mapping courses
I did sent out an email. I'm guessing it will take a few days to get it updated, which is fine. I am glad I found out as it's my Dad's home course and I just got him a watch so there will be no long distance IT support needed haha.

I am still struggling to get the Lock-On lined up consistently, which speaks volumes about my setup.

I did sent out an email. I'm guessing it will take a few days to get it updated, which is fine. I am glad I found out as it's my Dad's home course and I just got him a watch so there will be no long distance IT support needed haha.

I am still struggling to get the Lock-On lined up consistently, which speaks volumes about my setup.
I had a few times yesterday where it wasn't lined up either...it's shocking how quickly that small line makes you rethink your setup. Now if I could just read the line correctly I would have made a few more putts yesterday...my speed was surprisingly good

Total putts yesterday weren't great at 34, had 4 one putts and 2 three putts. One of the three putts was just terrible as I missed a 5 footer and a 3 footer 🤦‍♂️. Which was worse was this came after I just drained an 8 footer to save par...

The Wingman 706 sits very well to my eye and like I had said above, the lock on tech really is a quick way to know if you're set up correctly. I had 2 times that I consciously stopped because the lines weren't lined up I reset and nearly drained 2 20+ foot putts.

The sound is not bad whatsoever to my ear with this putter. Is it as smooth/soft as an Odyssey insert? No. Does it sound like a 100% milled Scotty? No.

It is a putter that doesn't have a very distinct sound...except if you miss hit it...oh my...it has this dull plastic crack sound. I had one putt that I miss hit and right when it left the face I didn't think the putt was making it halfway to the hole on a 15 ft putt. Thankfully the forgiveness is solid and the 15 ft putt ended up a foot short for an easy tap in.

I like this putter a lot. Piggy backing off @Jeff Spicoli, I didn't notice any skidding on putts, so the insert must be working, but I did see it bounce a few times. Might have been stroke related, something I've noticed the Cobra with SIK face tech eliminates or masks.

Back