Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

Not an issue for me. I buy what I want, so surprises are a thing of the past for me, except winning this contest.:ROFLMAO:

Big Decision - Let the Wingman take first flight tonight during league, or save it for the casual round this weekend.

Big Decision - Let the Wingman take first flight tonight during league, or save it for the casual round this weekend.
Let Er rip potato chip

Mine will be in the bag Saturday. Just not sure if I want to put a different grip on. The non taper stock grip just feels too big in my lower hand with my cadet small hands lol

Mine will be in the bag Saturday. Just not sure if I want to put a different grip on. The non taper stock grip just feels too big in my lower hand with my cadet small hands lol

opposite for me coming from 3.0 SS - I like this size though a bit wider would be good with my gorilla mitts.

My delivery date changed to Friday(n)

If you got a Wingman you gots to use him.... or it.

I go back and forth between the larger putter grips and midsize/tapered. i find the larger grips help me soften my hands when I am putting a death grip on the putter and struggling with distance control. Usually better for fast greens.

Use it in league, let it go to work!

Well the wingman was flying. Putter felt great in hands. Wasn't the best show of putting but flew pretty true as i had 14 putts on 9 holes.so feels sure fire and need to contr distance but on short side as well as long side.

I will say the face balanced is so nice. Still tough using the second tier to line up putts. Maybe I'm doing something different or actually something is lined up... Just a comfort thing at this point. Gripnis nice and weight is extremely perfect.

Well the wingman was flying. Putter felt great in hands. Wasn't the best show of putting but flew pretty true as i had 14 putts on 9 holes.so feels sure fire and need to contr distance but on short side as well as long side.
I’d take 14 putts per 9 every day of the week! Was distance control the only knock?

I’d take 14 putts per 9 every day of the week! Was distance control the only knock?
I wouldn't say it's a knock yet. I would say I haven't honed the insert yet. This weighs quite a bit more than my old reliable. Just need to hone it in.

I think the alignment on the bottom is confusing for me. I line up the top and need to better understand the bottom. I don't get the point yet.

Received my Wingman today and got it on course and gamed it today. It is surprisingly a compact mallet (see pics below compared to the Toulon Vegas). The build was perfect. It came 34.5”, Lie angle at 71*. I really love the grip.

First impressions, the insert ,sounds a bit clicky. I am coming from a milled face putter so I have to get used to this feel. At first I didn’t like the feel, but loved the ease of lining it up, and the fact that this is a face balanced putter (not easy to do with a center shafted putter) made me take some extra time with it. l was able to find the sweet spot, and started to get used to the sound. There are two things I liked right away with the putter; the first is how easy it is to line up. I have the center shafted version (it isn’t directly center shaft, it is just off the center, same as Cameron’s center shafted). It really lines up nicely. I also like that ball, doesn’t explode off the face. I usually play fast green and this allows me a little more back and thru swing, which will help keep to putts inside of 10 feet online better. I will have this out for another 18 on Bethpage Black tomorrow (played red today not a bad day on the greens 29 putts).
900FE860-CED7-4F57-B23D-A84150C40195.jpegC1AA6CA1-0F44-41D8-9465-7ED1C1D3BD3E.jpeg

Last edited:
It finally came, yay. Way smaller than my Triple Track, but solid. Love the grip and cover. I played today before the putter came, so tomorrow I will give it a go.

Maiden voyage this morning. Last time at this course I putted something terrible. So it doesn’t have much to live up to lol

Maiden voyage this morning. Last time at this course I putted something terrible. So it doesn’t have much to live up to lol
Have fun! Been following along the entire TEEm with this one, so cant wait to see how it goes for you!

Here is my initial write-up comparing my trusty Odyssey Triple track 34 inch with my new 02-Tour Edge Exotic Wingman 34 inch putter. Both model are billed as being for a straight back and through stroke. The TT delivers on this promise, the TEE Wingman, not so much. I have attached pictures showing the different methods of using the shaft angles to deliver a straight back and through stroke. So how do they compare, well with the TT I can easily aim and come very close to my aimpoint over and over. With the TEE Wingman, I have trouble using the multi-tiered lines and I find the arc is not stable. Probably my putting stroke, but it is difficult for me to use. I think I chose the wrong shaft type based on description of straight back and through. Maybe should have chosen the 01 toe hang model, vs what I got, the 02 faced balanced. So how does it sound, it has a slight crack on impact that is not bad, but it is not soft that is for sure. The grip is very nice as I prefer an oversize grip and this one delivers. When it comes to looks, this one checks off all the boxes and the cover is very sharp also.

The Wingman-01 features a Mid-Toe-Hang (30°) that is aimed at those with a putting stroke with a slight arc.

The Wingman-01 provides the ability to use the same stroke as a blade, and it also offers the off-center-hit forgiveness of an oversized mallet due to its extreme MOI properties.

The Face-Balanced Wingman-02 model is designed for a pendulum straight back, straight through putting stroke with the face of the putter rotating less during the putting stroke.
The true square back to square through stroke creates a consistent blocking motion in the stroke, making it harder to putt off-line, even on mishits away from the center of the face.

20200613_131058.jpg20200613_131107.jpg20200613_131226.jpg20200613_131317.jpg20200613_131330.jpg20200613_131258.jpg

Wingman vs Bethpage Black.....
Wingman now is the starting putter in my stable. Shot 7 over with numerous 10 footers for par. I can't stress how well this performs on short putts. The face balance and alignment line of the Wingman 03 (center shafted). I have a straight back and straight through stroke and this is perfect for my stroke.

The only critique that I have is the durability of the face. I have played two rounds and two practice sessions of 100-125 putts, and the face is showing wear already. (That isnt dirt that is the paint coming of the putter insert.
IMG_2721.jpg

That's not good. I have noticed TaylorMade's Spiders tend to have that problem also.

Wingman vs Bethpage Black.....
Wingman now is the starting putter in my stable. Shot 7 over with numerous 10 footers for par. I can't stress how well this performs on short putts. The face balance and alignment line of the Wingman 03 (center shafted). I have a straight back and straight through stroke and this is perfect for my stroke.

The only critique that I have is the durability of the face. I have played two rounds and two practice sessions of 100-125 putts, and the face is showing wear already. (That isnt dirt that is the paint coming of the putter insert.
View attachment 8948882

Okay so I am blowing this up on my full screen and it looks like the discoloration is between the grooves. Are you sure its paint coming off?

Okay so I am blowing this up on my full screen and it looks like the discoloration is between the grooves. Are you sure its paint coming off?
Yeah its weird, but definitely the paint

Last edited:
Actually took a better picture of it and it’s actually coming off the top grooves. Doesn’t impact performance one bit. A27740EE-EC42-45AA-9CF4-775F8442A38C.jpeg

Performance part is good.
Solid start to your journey with this one. Gotta love dropping bombs.

Got to play for the first time with the Wingman 01 putter.

Ended up with 26 putts (+2 more from just off the green as well).
According to GameGolf, my lifetime stats since 2016 is 34 putts per round.
On paper this looks like an extreme improvement but it's not a fair comparison as my chipping was lights out yesterday. Kudos to my CBX 60* as it was on point and kept putting me within 2-5' from the cup as well as having a chip in bird with it.

One positive is that I had no 3 putts. These days I am usually good for a 3 putt or two per round.

If you were to ask me which of my putters weighed more I would have said the Wingman as through the ball it feels heavier. Less feel I guess you could say versus my Ping Tyne. But I just weighed them and the Wingman is only 525g and my Ping is 598g. And the Wingman grip (if it's the same as the normal retail Lamkin Sink Fit Straight-114g) is heavier than the SNSR Pro 104cc (90g) I have on my Ping by about 25g.
So I found that odd.

The Wingman definitely seems to start the ball on my intended line without any noticeable twisting of the club face. I have an arcing stroke so I think this model (01) fits me well. Also the short slant fits my eye well.

My longest made putt was from approx 15' for a bird. Outside of that as mentioned I didn't have many chances in that 5-15' range as my chipping was good and the rest were 25' lags. In lagging the ball it did well too. I tend to leave putts short with my Ping putter and these were getting to the hole which was nice to see.

All and all a nice first round. Looking forward to playing another local course where the greens run faster.

Oh an no face wear to report on mine.
449A728D-7FC4-4054-BAB4-559C44B3C85E.jpeg

Last edited:
Back