Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

Did any of you TEEm Tour Edge fellas go with a heavier weight option for the removable weights? I have had the 8g pair sitting at my house but have not given them a go yet. I think that change would out the Wingman 03 in the Goldilocks zone for me.

Did any of you TEEm Tour Edge fellas go with a heavier weight option for the removable weights? I have had the 8g pair sitting at my house but have not given them a go yet. I think that change would out the Wingman 03 in the Goldilocks zone for me.

Nah. Thought about it. But I’m not paying $40 plus shipping for 2 tiny weights.

Nah. Thought about it. But I’m not paying $40 plus shipping for 2 tiny weights.
I hear you. I am going to throw my 8g weights in and see how it feels. If it works, I'll send them your way.

Got out this morning and really struggled with my putting. Had 36 putts + a couple from the fringe as well.
Kind of a double edged sword for me.
If I had a lag putt I kept hitting it by the hole a good 7-8' and missing the comebackers. I had 8 bogies and 4 of them were a result of 3 putts. If I convert all those 2 putts I would have shot 78 which would have been my personal best on this course.

But on the flip side I had some really nice chips to that knee knocker 4-5' range and the Wingman converted all of those for par saves.

I have a match with my brother on Sunday (we play once or twice annually) and he beat me the last go 'round. So for that round I am gonna go back to my old Ping putter. But will continue to give this a workout next week. Ever since putting on the Tour SNSR Tour Van grip and shortening it an inch (was already choking down on the stock grip) I seem to be losing the head now. To where in the stock configuration it felt heavier to me. Really hoping I can dial in the speed on lags as this putter simply looks exceptional to my eye down by the ball. It frames the ball so well and I feel like its very easy to get the ball started on your intended line.

No for me. The weight feels good to me stock.

Wingman vs Bethpage Black.....
Wingman now is the starting putter in my stable. Shot 7 over with numerous 10 footers for par. I can't stress how well this performs on short putts. The face balance and alignment line of the Wingman 03 (center shafted). I have a straight back and straight through stroke and this is perfect for my stroke.

The only critique that I have is the durability of the face. I have played two rounds and two practice sessions of 100-125 putts, and the face is showing wear already. (That isnt dirt that is the paint coming of the putter insert.
View attachment 8948882

That is shocking, and not ideal..

Putter feels like it's a good weight right now. Not sure I need 10g additional weight on the balanced putter.

Also I know that must stink for @Long Shot on his putter, but i have gone 81 holes and a ton of indoor putting and no face wear. But I now make sure I have a wet towel on the ball before putting and wipe the face clean after. Thanks for spiking my anxiety haha

My recent 9 hole experience left me pushing putts right... Went to local green and thinking it has been figured out. Update coming tomorrow. No no longer bring the OG #9 with me.

How are you settling in with the putter? Think it will stay in the bag long term?

How are you settling in with the putter? Think it will stay in the bag long term?
Had a great putting night on league Thursday... I have to gain confidence in the lag putts to someone else's point. I will say if I miss a putt it's all aiming. Sooo the putter is doing it's job on roll and straight back straight through. Watching PGA lately it's definitely a lot less on cool looks and finding what works. This design is cool and should help me knock putts. Probably my own fault as my practice is on a mat at Puttout at about 7ft in vs on greens for realistic 15-20footers.

Had a great putting night on league Thursday... I have to gain confidence in the lag putts to someone else's point. I will say if I miss a putt it's all aiming. Sooo the putter is doing it's job on roll and straight back straight through. Watching PGA lately it's definitely a lot less on cool looks and finding what works. This design is cool and should help me knock putts. Probably my own fault as my practice is on a mat at Puttout at about 7ft in vs on greens for realistic 15-20footers.

Sounds like it’s just a matter of time and getting more reps with it. I think it’s a really cool looking putter and like the idea behind it.

So heres some thoughts after gaming this putter for the last 5-6 rounds or so.

Looks:
This Wingman 03 hits all the right marks for me from a looks perspective. The shape and the "wings" actually do help me stabilize my stroke really really well. Im super glad i went with the 03 specifically as I havent ever used or gamed a center shafted putter. I was always leary of the "sweet spot" not being large enough. If you know me or have played with me, you know im a terrible putter. I get streaky and thats about it. But, the look of this intrigued me so much i had to give it a whirl. The black and white contrast work perfectly for my alignment and the only potential negative of the look of this putter to me is that it tends to setup slightly closed. The good news? its helped me make more putts overall as the face just doesnt twist nearly as much as a blade would in my hands for my fairly straight back and straight through path.

Feel:
I donthave a ton to add here other than it feels solid. Nothing like a milled face putter by any means but solid, well crafted and well put together. Unfortunately feel has a lot to do with sound for me and thats where i think this putter misses the mark substantially.

Sound:
I cant fully wrap my head around the sound. Someone described it as if i was hitting a ping pong ball. Another person said it sounded hollow alomost like a cure putter would. I understand its a surlyn face insert. But, based on may different insert putters ive tried over the years, i guess you expect it to be soft feeling / sounding. It isnt. Its a bit clacky. This isnt fair to the putter and engineering of the Wingman. But, if you melted down a top flite xl1000 and mashed it into the face of a Cure putter but dampened it a bit, thats the best i can describe it. Miss the mark for me personally as i prefer a much softer, dead sound.

With that being said, it performs quite well. The combo of the Grip, KBS shaft and head all meet my expectations if not over exceed them in the looks dept. It would definitely be my everyday gamer if the sound were better suited for me. Ive really enjoyed it and Tour Edge has intrigued me with this one enough that it has opened my eyes to new possibilities in the mallet putter genre. If they fix the sound......im all in on it.

Just finished a round so thought I would add some thoughts about the putter now that we are about a month in on release. Wingman at first i was ready to chuck it as I couldn't hit anything outside 3 feet. I felt like I was putting with a sledgehammer because the face was rocket launcher on long ones. I went to the course and literally worked on 100 putts two times in a week. After putting in my work, I have it dialed in and feel confident in my putting game. Will let you know how I feel when money's on the line tomorrow. Only knock is the loouuudddd clank(not sure what to call it) on long putts. I dialed in the alignment and the face balanced double bend is a treat. The alignment is awesome as I have it narrowed down that when aligned it goes where I thought. Before with other putters it was yeah it should go left edge and when it was right wasn't sure if I aligned that way or pushed it

A lot of clicky clacky putters I'm hearing on PGA coverage am I being a drama queen on this Putter sound?

I’m looking forward to more TEEm Tour Edge thoughts.
Some of the team members are quite quiet this year.

Changing my tune... Lights out from this thing in the 2 man scramble today! CLICK or clack is fine because pace and direction is excellent. I have blocked it out today. 20+ are still a struggle on how much but generally awesome...thanks TEE

Anyone know what the head weighs with the stock weights?
Website doesn’t mention it.

Anyone know what the head weighs with the stock weights?
Website doesn’t mention it.
Hit them up on social, I’d bet Jon will get back to you as soon as he can

Hit them up on social, I’d bet Jon will get back to you as soon as he can
Done. Will report back when I hear

FYI... Small discussion on these putters

The standard head weight of the Wingman putters is 355 grams with the 3-gram weights. By using the weight kit, 9 different possible weight combinations and 6 different headweights can be achieved with the Wingman weighting system, with a maximum head wight of 379 grams being possible.

Weight kits are available for $20/weight.

Alirght so yesterday I burned about 7 freaking edges with this thing. I think the greens were challenging and I was literally putting great. I started and had 14 putts on the from 9. back 9 things got trickier and thats when I started just barely missing. This alignment is super easy. weight is perfect.

Alirght so yesterday I burned about 7 freaking edges with this thing. I think the greens were challenging and I was literally putting great. I started and had 14 putts on the from 9. back 9 things got trickier and thats when I started just barely missing. This alignment is super easy. weight is perfect.

That is great to hear. I need to spend more time with this as the insert feels really good

Got out yesterday and today with the Wingman.
33 putts yesterday and 30 today. Deceiving though today because I got my first hole in one so had a 0 putt on #13 :sneaky:

The only putt I made of any length both days was about a 20 footer on the first hole yesterday for a birdie that had about 7' of break and came in the side door.

Otherwise lags have been less than stellar and on short putts I can't buy anything. One positive is I only had 1 three putt in the 2 rds which is better than I had been doing.

One thing I am wondering is if the weight as @Gman79 pointed out this head is 355g and my normal gamer is 370g plus I have a shaft wrap on my gamer that adds another 10g of heft. I prefer a heavier putter and I am wondering if the lighter weight of the Wingman is throwing me off. Alignment seems good, I am hitting putts where I want to I just either leave it short or blow it by 5' or more and missing the comebackers.

Maybe a trip to the practice green is in order this week.

Got out yesterday and today with the Wingman.
33 putts yesterday and 30 today. Deceiving though today because I got my first hole in one so had a 0 putt on #13 :sneaky:

The only putt I made of any length both days was about a 20 footer on the first hole yesterday for a birdie that had about 7' of break and came in the side door.

Otherwise lags have been less than stellar and on short putts I can't buy anything. One positive is I only had 1 three putt in the 2 rds which is better than I had been doing.

One thing I am wondering is if the weight as @Gman79 pointed out this head is 355g and my normal gamer is 370g plus I have a shaft wrap on my gamer that adds another 10g of heft. I prefer a heavier putter and I am wondering if the lighter weight of the Wingman is throwing me off. Alignment seems good, I am hitting putts where I want to I just either leave it short or blow it by 5' or more and missing the comebackers.

Maybe a trip to the practice green is in order this week.

A few things ... well actually a lot of things...

1. Congratulations on the HIO! that is awesome! Where was it?!
2. my Wingman at 355g is heavier than my Odyssey Tour Black i #9... I was dead on with that thing though so maybe that is the takeaway that weight helps.
3. My lags with this are amazing, at least I think so. I was literally leaving those burned edges and lags 2 inches to the cup to the point playing partners were getting pissed that I couldnt buy a putt and I had the most frustrating misses from all over the course.
4. I will say that is what cured me. I literally sat down(well actually stood up) with this thing twice in a week for literally 100 putts. I think the club house guys were staring. No cups cut which actually made it more fun because I would just toss a tee up and choose a line hit 5 putts from each... I was there a while. Might do the same again at a nearby impossible green.

5. WE NEED TO HIT UP A COURSE TOGETHER SOON!

1594043720888.png

A few things ... well actually a lot of things...
1. Congratulations on the HIO! that is awesome! Where was it?!
2. my Wingman at 355g is heavier than my Odyssey Tour Black i #9... I was dead on with that thing though so maybe that is the takeaway that weight helps.
5. WE NEED TO HIT UP A COURSE TOGETHER SOON!

1. Thanks, it was at Turkeyfoot #13 playing 168 to a back hole location. Hit a 5h that hit and released about 8' and dropped.
2. Oh wow, that Tour Black must be super light.
5. For sure. We should try and plan something.

1. Thanks, it was at Turkeyfoot #13 playing 168 to a back hole location. Hit a 5h that hit and released about 8' and dropped.
2. Oh wow, that Tour Black must be super light.
5. For sure. We should try and plan something.
Black series was either 335g or 340g. I think a custom 350g was available. no doubt if it came with heavier weights maybe i would experiment, but $40 upgrades for a little bit heavier might not yield enough benefit.

Hey @JB How is your morning going?!

I wanted to pose a question - I know TT is the ground breaking technology, and since I am posting in the Wingman thread you can probably see where this is headed. How does the dual alignment compare to TT? I think you might have a TT (#7 perhaps - fantastic looking head) around the office, did you ever get the chance to roll the wingman?:unsure:

Back