Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

Hey @JB How is your morning going?!

I wanted to pose a question - I know TT is the ground breaking technology, and since I am posting in the Wingman thread you can probably see where this is headed. How does the dual alignment compare to TT? I think you might have a TT (#7 perhaps - fantastic looking head) around the office, did you ever get the chance to roll the wingman?:unsure:

That is a pretty interesting question and one I have been thinking quite a bit about.

The Wingman on the surface combines really good alignment, with an aspect that reduces variables, much like a SeeMore. I am a big believer in anything that reduces variables is a good thing. Be it reminder grips, alignment or anything else. With that said, they are quite different in how they accomplish things, with one using vernier acuity and the other a more traditional alignment (if you can call it traditional).

I have not spent enough time with a Wingman (I dont have one currently), but hope to soon. In my brief time, I love the insert and think what they accomplished with this line at this price point is pretty awesome.

That is a pretty interesting question and one I have been thinking quite a bit about.

The Wingman on the surface combines really good alignment, with an aspect that reduces variables, much like a SeeMore. I am a big believer in anything that reduces variables is a good thing. Be it reminder grips, alignment or anything else. With that said, they are quite different in how they accomplish things, with one using vernier acuity and the other a more traditional alignment (if you can call it traditional).

I have not spent enough time with a Wingman (I dont have one currently), but hope to soon. In my brief time, I love the insert and think what they accomplished with this line at this price point is pretty awesome.

Well questions are my specialty, every so often i find one that is worthy of a "hmmmm" head scratching moment. I will say the vernier acuity (new concept/vocabulary addition of the day) is very insightful and has changed my confidence in putts for the better.

What TT is rolling the rock in Nashville?

Well questions are my specialty, every so often i find one that is worthy of a "hmmmm" head scratching moment. I will say the vernier acuity (new concept/vocabulary addition of the day) is very insightful and has changed my confidence in putts for the better.

What TT is rolling the rock in Nashville?

Currently a #7, but I look forward to testing out a Wingman in the near future more, because when I did at the PGA Show and their office, I was pretty darn impressed.

hit and miss on the TEEm for this putter - I have loved it and encouraged a playing partner to try it out... unfortunately he is a lefty- He loved the weight and distribution and could fee the facebalance.

hit and miss on the TEEm for this putter -
For sure.
I was pretty good with my 01. Then I shortened it cause I’m not a big fan of gripping down And slapped a different grip on. Ever since I’ve lost all sense of distance control and now feel like the head twists Real bad on me on short putts. Since the shortening I’m 5 strokes off my normal putting average. 3 putts have gone from 1 a round up to about 3-5.

Another solid night on putting... 14 putts with 3 being two inch taps

Another solid night on putting... 14 putts with 3 being two inch taps
I think it's more aligned to my chip shots today... Was watching lefty throw some darts and took note.

I think it's more aligned to my chip shots today... Was watching lefty throw some darts and took note.
It's funny how much putting is affected by a good short game. Great when I can chip and not have to grab the putter out of the bag.

It's funny how much putting is affected by a good short game. Great when I can chip and not have to grab the putter out of the bag.
Started with my last round started to heat up... Focusing now on leaving up hill putts. Literally had one hit and pull 1 foot out

At the risk of being called a stats geek, I've got to point out that chipping tap-in range a bunch of times doesn't mean you putted well. It means you were a good chipper who didn't need to putt much.

That's why number of putts per rounds does NOT tell you how well you putted.

Paging @ULEWZ and @Long Shot any more updates?
Come to the front of the class and share.

In all seriousness though the TEEm has had some conversations about these and seems a lot of direct competition the TT as you mentioned.some working the links out.

I am not a scratch golfer by any stretch, and normally hover around the middle 90s, so my input is for the struggling golfers looking for an edge. I have used the Wingman for probably 12 rounds and got to the point where I could putt pretty good. My long putts always amazed me, but I never got comfortable with the short, money putts. I seemed to always putt to the right 2 inches. I adjusted my body, my lean, and everything else I could think about and always putted 2 inches to the right. So the easy thing to do is just aim two inches to the left and that does work, but not on longer putts. It is very easy to use the two tier alignment system, so that aspect is spot on, and the ball goes where I aim it. The sound is a nice little pop when you hit it, kind of hollow sounding, but nice. I think it may need a little more weight for me as my back and forward stroke is not smooth. I like the stock grip, which is a little fatter than some, so that aspect is also spot on. The head shape is very similar to my TT putter, and when comparing them side to side, could be cousins. Sorry to say, I am not sure this will remain in my bag, but I am playing today, so time will tell. I do still game the 220 driver, and it is by far my favorite. 20200613_131258.jpg20200613_131058.jpg

Last edited:
is the TT 10 wider? seems a bit bigger profile.

That is one nice thing that pleasantly surprised me on this putter. Coming from a #9 mid mallet (i guess?) to this didnt seem like I had a dinner plate sized putter.

Very trim and compact.

Paging @ULEWZ and @Long Shot any more updates?
I have had the Wingman in and out of my bag for a few weeks. I love everything about it, except the insert is a little unresponsive when compared to other inserts (Ping Sigma G and TM Spider have been the comparisons I have made with it). In terms of who this putter will be good for, I have come to this conclusion based on my use of it, and having some of my golfers and former golfers who are now playing in college use it and give feedback would be that if you grew up on or putt/practice on slower greens this putter could be a good fit. The reason for this is that if you have a longer stroke (such as someone who plays a lot of slower greens), the ball feels like it stays on the face a fraction longer, and suits a longer stroke better, especially on short putts and putts just off the green (Texas wedge style). For longer stroke putters, this enables you to consistently accelerate through the stroke without the fear of running it by the hole too far. I have found people either like the putter or absolutely hate it. People who like insert putters tend to like this, and people who putt with metal faced putters and milled face putters tend not to like it.

I have had the Wingman in and out of my bag for a few weeks. I love everything about it, except the insert is a little unresponsive when compared to other inserts (Ping Sigma G and TM Spider have been the comparisons I have made with it). In terms of who this putter will be good for, I have come to this conclusion based on my use of it, and having some of my golfers and former golfers who are now playing in college use it and give feedback would be that if you grew up on or putt/practice on slower greens this putter could be a good fit. The reason for this is that if you have a longer stroke (such as someone who plays a lot of slower greens), the ball feels like it stays on the face a fraction longer, and suits a longer stroke better, especially on short putts and putts just off the green (Texas wedge style). For longer stroke putters, this enables you to consistently accelerate through the stroke without the fear of running it by the hole too far. I have found people either like the putter or absolutely hate it. People who like insert putters tend to like this, and people who putt with metal faced putters and milled face putters tend not to like it.
I had a similar reaction to the insert feel when I first tried my 03 on the course. I thought for sure that the insert in my Ping Sigma 2 Kushin-C was more responsive in terms of feel and distance. when I got home and put them on the putting mat, I found that distance-wise, they were about the same. The Sigma 2 insert was certainly softer feeling, and i think more forgiving (with distance) on the toe. The Wingman has a louder sound, for sure, but it gets the ball rolling much quicker and tighter for me. i think the Wingman's more aggressive insert face account for a lot of that reaction. I do not love the sound of the insert, mostly because it sounds like I over-hit it. but after a couple rounds with it, I didn't mind it at all.

I totally agree with you that someone with a longer stroke would be a great candidate for the Wingman putters, or people who have a hard time starting the ball on a roll rather than a skip.

is the TT 10 wider? seems a bit bigger profile.

That is one nice thing that pleasantly surprised me on this putter. Coming from a #9 mid mallet (i guess?) to this didnt seem like I had a dinner plate sized putter.

Very trim and compact.
Good question, so I went and measured them. Looks like the Wingman is a smidge smaller, but not by much. 3-3/8 in. wide vs 3-3/8 in. wide. Length is 3" vs 3-3/8 in, but the TT has a flair out bring it to 3-5/8 in. width at the widest. Pretty close if you ask me.

Stopped at the range today to dial in my driver. Afterward I stopped at the practice green to work out the Wingman. At first I was aiming at a downhill 12’ putt and literally hit my first putt 5’. I laughed and thought oh my gosh I’m such a hack.
Started getting them closer. As I moved around the green I began messing with my stance. Normally my feet are about 12-14” apart when I putt. I put them much closer together (say 5-6”) which forces me to stand taller. Knees Barely bent. Accuracy and distance control was much improved. I was getting excited and the rain came in and forced me to quit. Will report back Sunday how the barrow stance works out. If anything I think it forces me to make a shoulder rock type stroke.

Is it possible to get a flier on a putter? Swear I hit them evenly and then all of a sudden. 10 feet past... I was like wtf.

Is it possible to get a flier on a putter? Swear I hit them evenly and then all of a sudden. 10 feet past... I was like wtf.
I'm afraid it's not the arrow. Hate when I hit a shot, and as its leaving the putter face, I'm already :rolleyes:

I'm afraid it's not the arrow. Hate when I hit a shot, and as its leaving the putter face, I'm already :rolleyes:
Hahaha I couldn't believe it and neither could the playing partner today...

Got to use my.new favorite phrase F*** me

Hahaha I couldn't believe it and neither could the playing partner today...

Got to use my.new favorite phrase F*** me
Seriously, what am I thinking?? is always my thought.

Better outing Sunday with the Wingman with my newfound narrower stance. 32 total putts.

Had an 8 footer and 23 footer for par Saves. Unfortunately I didn’t have any birdie makes.

Also I didn’t take my time on a two 4 footers and missed both for bogie 3 putts. I make those and I shoot 78 which is really good for me from 6400 yd tees.

Lately my issue has been lagging. I had a few nice lags that got me to within kick in range.

Other comments: The finish on this one still looks brand new. No face wear. So marks etc. with the matte type finish I thought it would mark easy but that’s not the case at all. Then again I’m careful with my equipment.

Last edited:
I have 8 gram weights in both sides. I am really enjoying this putter. I’m finding aligning the front part with the back part has really helped

I have 8 gram weights in both sides. I am really enjoying this putter. I’m finding aligning the front part with the back part has really helped
I’m going to throw the 8g weights in and give the 03 some work tomorrow.

Dead eye on the Wingman tonight... Went back to emulate the TT ball and TT putter idea. Added a thick line on ball with the long wingman line.... Oohhhh buddy. I think I'm on to something. Not earth shattering but tonight was nice. 14 putts again!

Back