Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

I just ordered the 01...anxious to try it out. I went with 34" and a 72* lie angle which is my standard. After just reading a couple books by Stan Utley and Dave Stockton I had the loft increased to 4*. Utley seems to like 5* of loft but flatter lie angles. Stockton mentioned 4* to 5* loft but that is based on his forward press style.

My Wingman 01 arrived yesterday. I've only used it on my indoor mat so far but I like the feel of it. The alignment aid lines up easily. I have to actually move the head to get the top and bottom lines out of sync. Maybe it's just a good fit. The sound seems nice to me; I don't really notice much.

My Wingman 01 arrived yesterday. I've only used it on my indoor mat so far but I like the feel of it. The alignment aid lines up easily. I have to actually move the head to get the top and bottom lines out of sync. Maybe it's just a good fit. The sound seems nice to me; I don't really notice much.

very nice. Make sure to post some on course results.

Seems like a perfect fit already... Feedback is good and zoned in on alignment

@BigDill and @long shot ...since you both have the center-shafted version that I'm interested in, I've been watching your feedback...

You both mention the putter being suitable for players with longer putting strokes, so I assume neither of you have that kind of stroke. I am more of a straight back and thru with a bit of a popping stroke...so your comments have me a bit concerned. What is your putting motion?

I have a Spider Tour that I love now, but have always wished there was a center shafted version of it...and well, this looks similar to the Spider Tour and has the addition of a center aim aide too, which the Spider doesn't have either...so I'm intrigued but concerned about the insert / results you both mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i would like to try one out but, alas, TE doesn't make another new club/putter for us LH'ers...

@BigDill and @long shot ...since you both have the center-shafted version that I'm interested in, I've been watching your feedback...

You both mention the putter being suitable for players with longer putting strokes, so I assume neither of you have that kind of stroke. I am more of a straight back and thru with a bit of a popping stroke...so your comments have me a bit concerned. What is your putting motion?

I have a Spider Tour that I love now, but have always wished there was a center shafted version of it...and well, this looks similar to the Spider Tour and has the addition of a center aim aide too, which the Spider doesn't have either...so I'm intrigued but concerned about the insert / results you both mentioned.

I would consider my putting motion to be straight back and through, to the extent that I accomplish a good stroke. I play the ball a bit forward in my stance, maybe 1/2 a ball to a ball. I have very little arc these days and try to swing mostly with shoulder rotation. I have always had much better results with a center-shafted putter, which is why I keep returning to them. I think my comments about a "long stroke" benefit were more along the lines of the inset being on the softer side. If someone is prone to over-hitting the ball, I think the Wingman would help that.

I have rolled the Spider a few times next to this, and I think they are more or less similar in shape and size, with the Spider being perhaps a bit larger and weighted towards the back. I think the biggest difference between the two would be the insert feel, with the Wingman feeling a bit more "clicky" if that makes sense. That said, if you are trying to get the ball to roll a bit better off the face, I think the Wingman does a fantastic job of that, and that is what stood out to me when I was rolling it for a while.

I would consider my putting motion to be straight back and through, to the extent that I accomplish a good stroke. I play the ball a bit forward in my stance, maybe 1/2 a ball to a ball. I have very little arc these days and try to swing mostly with shoulder rotation. I have always had much better results with a center-shafted putter, which is why I keep returning to them. I think my comments about a "long stroke" benefit were more along the lines of the inset being on the softer side. If someone is prone to over-hitting the ball, I think the Wingman would help that.

I have rolled the Spider a few times next to this, and I think they are more or less similar in shape and size, with the Spider being perhaps a bit larger and weighted towards the back. I think the biggest difference between the two would be the insert feel, with the Wingman feeling a bit more "clicky" if that makes sense. That said, if you are trying to get the ball to roll a bit better off the face, I think the Wingman does a fantastic job of that, and that is what stood out to me when I was rolling it for a while.
Thanks for the response, makes sense.

I have no issue with getting the ball to roll (vs skip/skid) with my Spider Tour...so that's a moot point.

I did add 2 16g weights to my Spider, as I like a heavier headed putter. I saw you bought the 8g weights, so I'm curious whether it made much of a difference for you, or was it pretty much the same? Wish TEE had heavier weights, so the lack of 12g or 16g options is a drawback.

As for the softer feeling face, I kinda like this because I would prefer having to make a heavier/full stroke vs. feeling like I have to barely push the ball which could (and does) result in poor results.

I'm not a bad putter, but I'd like to make more from 10-15 feet....as I'm sure we all would....

Thanks for the response, makes sense.

I have no issue with getting the ball to roll (vs skip/skid) with my Spider Tour...so that's a moot point.

I did add 2 16g weights to my Spider, as I like a heavier headed putter. I saw you bought the 8g weights, so I'm curious whether it made much of a difference for you, or was it pretty much the same? Wish TEE had heavier weights, so the lack of 12g or 16g options is a drawback.

As for the softer feeling face, I kinda like this because I would prefer having to make a heavier/full stroke vs. feeling like I have to barely push the ball which could (and does) result in poor results.

I'm not a bad putter, but I'd like to make more from 10-15 feet....as I'm sure we all would....

I'll throw the weights in tonight and give it a roll and let you know.

Hard to find somewhere local to test one out...
Where are you located ?
My local golf store chain (Foxy Golf) had a couple Wingman’s at each location in Akron and North Canton, OH

Hard to find somewhere local to test one out...
Don’t forget that if you order from Tour Edge they have a 30 day money back guarantee. If it doesn’t work you send it back and they refund your money. Not sure any other oem provides a similar policy.

30 Day Trial Program
Our 30 Day Play Guarantee!

At Tour Edge we don't just stand behind our merchandise, we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
What is our guarantee?

Very simple, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason you may return it to us within 30 days of receipt for a full credit.
Golf clubs purchased under this guarantee may be in any "playable" state. This means you can try the club as much as you like for 30 days and as long as it is not broken or "unplayable" you may return it for a full credit.​

Played with buds today... Their first time seeing Wingman putter... They all thought the sound was unbearable... It is loud and the face is different. "Hey I think your putter face is broken."

Got my Wingman yesterday (thanks again @JB and @touredge) and took it to a putting green near my house. First impressions: I thought it was very stable in my backswing and follow thru and while the sound might take some getting used to it really wasnt that bad. Looking forward to my round on Tuesday!

I'd be very interested if they had a belly length putter. I kind of need that length due to a bad back. Right now I have a Daddy Long Leggs putter in belly length and have been considering trying something new even though I still putt pretty well with it.

Got my Wingman yesterday (thanks again @JB and @touredge) and took it to a putting green near my house. First impressions: I thought it was very stable in my backswing and follow thru and while the sound might take some getting used to it really wasnt that bad. Looking forward to my round on Tuesday!

Interested to hear what your playing partners said.... All weekend (90 holes worth) my buddies kept telling me my putter was broken and it sounded awful.... Maybe I wasnt hitting it on the center? :unsure: I dunno...

After all the three putts and poor performance I am giving the wingman the night off... Old Reliable is coming out of retirement for playoffs (at least this round).

Interested to hear what your playing partners said.... All weekend (90 holes worth) my buddies kept telling me my putter was broken and it sounded awful.... Maybe I wasnt hitting it on the center? :unsure: I dunno...

After all the three putts and poor performance I am giving the wingman the night off... Old Reliable is coming out of retirement for playoffs (at least this round).
It took them to the 17th hole when i hit my worst putt of the day. "wow what was that sound?" Before that I was putting great (only 1 3 putt on that 17th hole). 5-10 footers were dropping or burning the edge. I find that when I bring the putter back it goes back straight (no left or right wobbles) and that gives me confidence! The sound can be off putting(pun intended:D) but I find it really doesnt bother me as long as i can keep the putt online.

Had my best round in quite awhile with help from the Wingman! Finished with an 86 with 30 putts (4 one putts and NO three putts!) Like I said earlier the putts in the 5-10 foot range seem like tapins to me now!

Had my best round in quite awhile with help from the Wingman! Finished with an 86 with 30 putts (4 one putts and NO three putts!) Like I said earlier the putts in the 5-10 foot range seem like tapins to me now!
That’s awesome Steve2100

I stop in to GG from time to time and I haven't seen these in there the few times I've been in there. Don't know of any putter that has had "sound" to it so much it is noticeable to playing partners.

The more I play it the more others notice that sound. I’ll admit it might bother some but I like the sound of the putt dropping in the hole better so I can put up with it. :)

I stop in to GG from time to time and I haven't seen these in there the few times I've been in there. Don't know of any putter that has had "sound" to it so much it is noticeable to playing partners.
That's what I was thinking in reading this thread. I haven't hit a Wingman, or even seen one in the wild, but it's hard for me to believe any putter could sound objectionable enough that people would complain about it.

I think it’s just a personal preference like loud sounding drivers. If it does the job or helps you do the job I could care less how it sounds.

My playing partners hated it and unfortunately it was a rough putting weekend. How badly did I want to sink some putts on their whiney comments.

Back