Tour Edge Exotics Wingman Putters

Had my best round in quite awhile with help from the Wingman! Finished with an 86 with 30 putts (4 one putts and NO three putts!) Like I said earlier the putts in the 5-10 foot range seem like tapins to me now!
Glad it is working for you!

On a whim, I tossed Goose in the bag today for my lesson and to do a bit of work on the practice green. Since there has been some discussion about sound, I took a few videos. The first putt was about 10 feet, the second about 20.
View attachment 8960556
View attachment 8960555

Nice videos there @BigDill

I found the Wingman sound to be louder for sure especially coming from a Ping Sigma 2 Tyne which has the prebax (spelling) insert which is very soft and dull feeling.
If Tour Edge is listening I think changing the insert sound/feel would be an improvement in the right direction as I could see this being a turn off for many.
I am not huge on sound/feel as some might be but it was definitely noticeable and different.

Having said that, they got a lot right with this putter including the size and shape and finish. If I had to compare it to anything on the market I'd say it would be the Spider X, which for a mallet, I think is about the perfect size. Not too large and not too small. The black KBS shaft is a nice touch as well and the stock Lamkin Sink grip.
For the money, like everything Tour Edge, a great value.

Nice videos there @BigDill

I found the Wingman sound to be louder for sure especially coming from a Ping Sigma 2 Tyne which has the prebax (spelling) insert which is very soft and dull feeling.
If Tour Edge is listening I think changing the insert sound/feel would be an improvement in the right direction as I could see this being a turn off for many.
I am not huge on sound/feel as some might be but it was definitely noticeable and different.

This is one of the things I enjoyed talking to Jon about during the live stream. The sound is definitely polarizing and if you are comfortable with it, you are correct, they seem to have a lot going on for them on the positive side.

This is one of the things I enjoyed talking to Jon about during the live stream. The sound is definitely polarizing and if you are comfortable with it, you are correct, they seem to have a lot going on for them on the positive side.
The insert gets the ball rolling no denying that. I was on a few conference calls today using ear buds. Perfection with the puttout...

Ball jumps off the face. And rolled straight. This might be making a fall golf comeback.

The insert gets the ball rolling no denying that. I was on a few conference calls today using ear buds. Perfection with the puttout...

Ball jumps off the face. And rolled straight. This might be making a fall golf comeback.
Must be nice to Have a turf floor in your office
😉

Wingman is packed for the round Tomorrow... Back in the bag after about 2 months in time out.

Rolled some office putts and this thing better not piss me off tomorrow.

I liked the putter, but did not love it and it has not replaced my TT putter. It did replace my wifes blade, so all is good. She putts much better with it.

I fell back love with the wingman... hit some long putts and had the speed dialed in today on some fast greens. The sounds was virtually gone to me, but playing partner noted bit here/there.

"Your putter looks like it was designed by lamborghini factory"... I like lambos sooo I'll take that as a positive

PS- lock on is real!

I like the way mine sets up and targets the hole. But I debating whether there is a defect with mine, or it just sounds and feels that bad. Mine makes a loud plastic sound, sort of like you hit the ball with a soda bottle. What does your wingman sound like?

On a whim, I tossed Goose in the bag today for my lesson and to do a bit of work on the practice green. Since there has been some discussion about sound, I took a few videos. The first putt was about 10 feet, the second about 20.

I have never ever heard a putter that sounds like that before.

I like the way mine sets up and targets the hole. But I debating whether there is a defect with mine, or it just sounds and feels that bad. Mine makes a loud plastic sound, sort of like you hit the ball with a soda bottle. What does your wingman sound like?

Haha I am asking for the sound of someone else as i am thoroughly confused if this is the true sound that TE thought it should have. it is definitely louder than any playing partners ever has. It is not dull, but a sharp sound.

I imagine everythign is as planned, but hard to tell if this was just one flaw in the overall amazing designed putter.

I have never ever heard a putter that sounds like that before.
I think the sound is somewhat unfairly maligned. It’s not that it’s bad, it’s just louder and at a higher decibel than what people are used to, especially if you are using a deep milling or a metal insert. Also, I think it sounds firmer than it is. From a distance perspective, I think the insert performs well. It also puts a better initial roll than my current ~$600 gamer.

I am almost ashamed to admit this, but I would play the Wingman a lot more if it wasn’t for the fact that I have gotten so used to being able to pick up the ball with the back of my mid-mallet putters that it annoys me to no end that I can’t pick up the ball with this putter head shape.

I am almost ashamed to admit this, but I would play the Wingman a lot more if it wasn’t for the fact that I have gotten so used to being able to pick up the ball with the back of my mid-mallet putters that it annoys me to no end that I can’t pick up the ball with this putter head shape.

Fully get this.
I normally play a #7 style for this reason alone. I rarely putt out if I get within 2' (as most rds are played solo) and having the wings to pick up the ball is nice.
Also my Bettinardi anser style is also nice to save my back and pick up the ball.

I'd broke out my Wingman again and took it to the practice green. I hadn't done well with it lately so it was benched. Way too many 3 putts.
I got out yesterday for a quick 9 holes and gamed it. I did pretty well. Only one 3 putt (albeit from the fringe). Also holed out from 10' and 14' with the rest 2 putts.

I switched to a softer compression ball (Bridgestone Tour B RXS and it felt much nicer off the Wingman versus the ProV1x I normally use.

Shape, quality of the finish, shaft, etc are there. Very easy on the pocketbook too if anyone is looking.

Shape, quality of the finish, shaft, etc are there. Very easy on the pocketbook too if anyone is looking.

I think that is spot on. There is a ton of value in the Wingman from a quality and component standpoint, including the black shaft which was a great design call.

Wingman was on fire on the course today... Knocked down some long one putts and never put myself in a rough spot for the two putt. Balance is the biggest thing that helps me straight through and solid middle contact. Not even a loud knock like it used to be so that's done and over with and won't be bringing up anytime soon.

Wingman was on fire on the course today... Knocked down some long one putts and never put myself in a rough spot for the two putt. Balance is the biggest thing that helps me straight through and solid middle contact. Not even a loud knock like it used to be so that's done and over with and won't be bringing up anytime soon.
How’d you get the sound to change? Have it hot melted 🤡

How’d you get the sound to change? Have it hot melted 🤡
I literally don't know if I block it out or if I'm hitting a sweet spot ... Did not bother me on the course yesterday.

Not sure if people are still curious... This putter led to no three putts and some great 2 putt lags and even a handful of great one putt spectacular saves

Last edited:
Not sure if people are still curious... This putter led to no three putts and some great 2 putt lags as em as a few great one putt spectacular saves
I’m still super intrigued by the alignment on this putter. It’s on the shortlist of clubs to buy once wife finally understands

Not sure if people are still curious... This putter led to no three putts and some great 2 putt lags as em as a few great one putt spectacular saves
You have been doing a great job updating with this putter. It’s a lot of putter for $200 with an insert, changeable weights and a quality shaft and grip.

You have been doing a great job updating with this putter. It’s a lot of putter for $200 with an insert, changeable weights and a quality shaft and grip.
It was definitely a love hate on this one... Intrigued by a new putter... Hit loud unbearable putts in my home office... Accurate but loud ... Took to course got it zoned in...wasn't making a lot of one putts and irritated by the sound... Got laughed at on a golf trip for my terrible putting and ugly sound... Wingman was in timeout....

Fast forward to today, love the confidence inspired shape and insert.... The alignment is truly amazing...perhaps they can listen to the Odyssey line and get closer to that sound vs. the sound this emits. But honestly unless a toe hit, not distracting

EXS220 driver, EXS Pro 4h and Wingman putter all went into the bag for Sunday mornings round. I started off a little shaky with a double and a bogey but then settled in with a 42 on the front. On the back, things clicked and managed to shoot +1 36.
34 putts which is 2 putts off my season avg. of 32.

The size and shape really seem to suit my eye but lagging still causes me some issues with the Wingman. I recently have been working with a blade/Anser style putter and my touch seems to be a little better on long putts with it. Both have the same grip so I am going to measure overall weight to see if there is a discernible difference there which could be the culprit.

EXS220 driver, EXS Pro 4h and Wingman putter all went into the bag for Sunday mornings round. I started off a little shaky with a double and a bogey but then settled in with a 42 on the front. On the back, things clicked and managed to shoot +1 36.
34 putts which is 2 putts off my season avg. of 32.

The size and shape really seem to suit my eye but lagging still causes me some issues with the Wingman. I recently have been working with a blade/Anser style putter and my touch seems to be a little better on long putts with it. Both have the same grip so I am going to measure overall weight to see if there is a discernible difference there which could be the culprit.

Good writeup. I'd be interested in what you find on the weights.

Good writeup. I'd be interested in what you find on the weights.

Might be a while. We are doing a Kitchen renovation and my wife boxed everything up including my food scale and its in storage somewhere :eek:

Back