Tour Edge Exotics XCG5 Fairway Woods - Preview

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
The most recent arrivals to the NE office of THP come from Tour Edge, the XCG5 Fairway Woods. Tour Edge was kind enough to send 2 different versions of its 3w offerings, a standard 15* 3w and a not so standard 11.5* 3w+ That's not the only difference between these 2 #w's....they also have 2 different shafts which are both offered as stock options. The 3w+ has a black Aldila RIP Sigma shaft while the 3w has a white Graphite Design Tour AD40 shaft. Finally, the stock grips are different as well. The 3w comes with a black/white Golf Pride New Decade Comopund grips and the 3w+ comes with a white Winn Lite grip. Thanks to Tour Edge for sending both of these for review. If the performance matches the looks of these clubs, I'm sure one if not both will end up in my bag!

fd432d1b.jpg

8a7ac125.jpg

b5eecdd5.jpg

794b7944.jpg

73edb899.jpg

fc3e9fdf.jpg

091435ae.jpg

0f23b1c5.jpg

79944215.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great Hanks 11.5* is a little crazy but I look forward to hearing how they treat you.

huh, 11.5? im not sure if i get it...but im intrigued. Overall they look pretty sweet though.

You could ditch the driver if you throw that 3w+ in the bag! Looking forward to hearing of your performance with it.

I'm really interested in hearing how these performs. 11.5* intrigues me. They also look pretty sharp!

Both are beautiful, I love my TEE 3 wood and I have a TEE 5 wood that I work in and out of the bag with the 3H. I know that 11.5 would be very hard for me to hit with my slow SS, but the 15* would be fun to try out.

Wow, those are pretty. My brother swears by Tour Edge and they certainly intrigue me as well. I've swung a few of their drivers in the past and they were great. Can't wait to see how these perform - the 11.5* could be very interesting.

Those look great. I've never heard o anything close to an 11.5* 3+ wood. Should be interesting to hear about.

Neat stuff. Love the headcover and shape of the face. Have fun with this one, Hanks. I'll be interested to see if that 3+ could be a driver replacement.

The TE XCG5 looks way better from your in hand shots then I thought it was from looking at the TE site yesterday. I don't get a chance to look at TE because nobody around here really carries TE. I'm real intrigued to hear how that 11.5* is off of the deck. I can see the 11.5* being a serious driver replacement and it could be a real serious option for those who struggle to either find fairways with driver or for those who want more control off the tee. With this loft yardage loss wouldn't be that bad.. more carry potentially and really it could offer more pros than cons. The shafts look fantastic. Sweet looking clubs.

Alex

I'll be interested to see if that 3+ could be a driver replacement.

Me too.

There are a lot of people out there who can stripe their 3 wood but when it comes to the driver they're suddenly all over the place. If one could get somewhat driver like distance from this while still being 3 wood like it could be really excellent for lots of players. Hopefully TEE is on to something here. If it works I don't think I'd have any problem binning the driver for something like this.

Me too.

There are a lot of people out there who can stripe their 3 wood but when it comes to the driver they're suddenly all over the place. If one could get somewhat driver like distance from this while still being 3 wood like it could be really excellent for lots of players. Hopefully TEE is on to something here. If it works I don't think I'd have any problem binning the driver for something like this.

Hi. My names Thain. You rang?

The shallow face is awesome for sure....I love that look especially on a fw....bigger fws don't agree with me when hitting off the deck

Neat stuff. Love the headcover and shape of the face. Have fun with this one, Hanks. I'll be interested to see if that 3+ could be a driver replacement.

+1 I hit my current 3w pretty well and use it to find those tight fairways. Lately its been used off the tee more than my driver actually.

Me too.

They look great Hanks like the black shaft. Sure there will be plenty of Hackers waiting to hear your review.

Me too.

Uh yep, this is me exactly. In fact, my last round I ditched the driver and just hit a 3 wood off the tee.

Nice looking clubs there. 11.5 is definitely interesting...not sure how well that would work off the deck for me but it could be a great fairway finder. Getting awfully close to a driver replacement with such a low loft.

Looking forward to your thoughts - especially the 11.5 and how that would be used in the bag. Curious how a bag would setup around that and if exceeding 14 would be an issue.

Tappin' from my iPad!

If the face on that is as hot as my XCG 3w, having an 11.5* may not be that far fetched.

Kevin

Hi. My names Thain. You rang?

+1 I hit my current 3w pretty well and use it to find those tight fairways. Lately its been used off the tee more than my driver actually.

Uh yep, this is me exactly. In fact, my last round I ditched the driver and just hit a 3 wood off the tee.

I'm pretty much the same. The 3 wood gets used at least twice as much as the driver off the tee for me. I see a lot of narrow fairways where a 15 yard fade or draw doesn't put you into the first cut, it puts you into the deep stuff and 20 yards either way puts you into the trees or a fairway over.

I shall be keeping a beedy eye on this thread and how you get a long Hanks. Whomever it was at TEE or THP that thought to include the 11.5 in the test was a genius.

Agreed, Tuna. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on this. Could be a total driver replacement for me, maybe rework the bag in some neat ways. Who knows.

I'm pretty much the same. The 3 wood gets used at least twice as much as the driver off the tee for me. I see a lot of narrow fairways where a 15 yard fade or draw doesn't put you into the first cut, it puts you into the deep stuff and 20 yards either way puts you into the trees or a fairway over.

I shall be keeping a beedy eye on this thread and how you get a long Hanks. Whomever it was at TEE or THP that thought to include the 11.5 in the test was a genius.

I'm stoked to get testing these two beauties. My current driver is 9.5 and my current 3w is 15* but has been cut down to 4w length. I'm hoping that the 11.5 would fit nicely between those 2 and potentially replace the existing 3w. I think the key will be how useful the 11.5 is off the deck.

Btw- the white shaft with the white grip is really stunning. the pics I took really don't do that combo justice. On a side note, I'm pondering a potential grip change. I like the feeling of the Winn Lite that much already

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Sharp looking clubs, look forward to hear your thoughts after some swings.

Back