Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Driver Preview

Congrats on the buy Shakey! Make sure to let us know how it works out!

This is a nice driver for sure. Great feel and sound very easy to swing and hit a good shot. The only thing for me is it was shorter than the Anser and 913.

This is a nice driver for sure. Great feel and sound very easy to swing and hit a good shot. The only thing for me is it was shorter than the Anser and 913.
Per the rep, It's a very low spin driver so most people won't see the distance benefits of this driver unless they go with a higher lofted head than they usually play. And of course the shaft might not be a fit for you also.

I sent an email to TEE yesterday to ask where I could find adaptor sleeves for the XCG-6. To my suprise, I got the following reply:

Subject: XCG-6 Driver Shaft Tips
You can call us at 1-800-515-3343. The cost is $20.00 per tip plus shipping.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Sincerely,
Doug

Wow, not only a very prompt response, but a good price too!

Makes me feel even better about the decision to get this driver.

Driver came in today & I get to play tomorrow morning after an early meeting.

Its going to be awfully hard to pay attention in the meeting. I'll be counting the seconds until it ends.

Driver came in today & I get to play tomorrow morning after an early meeting.

Its going to be awfully hard to pay attention in the meeting. I'll be counting the seconds until it ends.
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts! $20 tips and they are available?! Heck yeah.

True about playing a higher loft than normal. I usually play around a 9* and had to go up to a 10.5* to see the benefits of this club.

Per the rep, It's a very low spin driver so most people won't see the distance benefits of this driver unless they go with a higher lofted head than they usually play. And of course the shaft might not be a fit for you also.

That may be. It was the first time I have seen or hit an Exotics driver and I don't remember the loft I just had to hit it and came away very impressed. Anyone who puts this in the bag will have a fairway finder for sure.

Just finished my 1st round with the XCG-6. I have to say I'm impressed with the accuracy & distance of this club. I didn't have a lot of time to warm up, so it took me a little bit to get the feel of the club. After that I was splitting the fairways right down the middle. The biggest difference between this club & my Cleveland Classic 270 is that I can go after this club & not have to worry about snapping it left.

Really looking forward to trying them at the upcoming demo event we have here.

Sales guy recommended I try this out today so I say fix me up and lets give it a whirl. Whoa! Was my reaction after really catching one after the third shot. TAs sonemone said earlier this reminds me of the CC from last year. You can really go after this one. I was hitting shots with spin rate of 1500. Unheard of numbers for me. Tried several combonations with both shafts. The white shaft (not sure of the name) gave me the lowest spin numbers hower the OZIK gave me the most overall distance. I was ready to drop coin right then but my sales guy said come back in a couple days and see if I get similar results. Trying my best to get back there later this week. I dont recall ever hitting a TEE driver but this one is stellar.

After a couple of rounds & a few range sessions, I've got this driver dialed in to fit my preferred shot shape & I'm loving the distance I'm getting. Especially the roll out.

At first I started out with it set in the U position. According to TEE, in this setting the face is square & 2* upright from the neutral setting. The upright setting is supposed to help straighten out a heavy fade into a straighter flight. I wanted to try it in this position because my normal baby fade had recently turned into a big fade/ugly slice.

Shockingly enough, the club performed as advertised and put my drives back in the fairway where they belong. My miss in this setting was a pretty significant pull, but I minimized that by moving the ball back a little bit in my stance.

Next I tried the C setting, which closes the face by 2* & adds 1* of loft. I wanted to try this to see if I could hit a reliable draw. I only left it in this setting for 9 holes because it was bringing the left side into play & caused me to fire a couple a balls OB left. I moved it backed to the U setting & played the rest of the round with much better results.

On the range today, I had my Aha! moment with the club. I set it at N (neutral) & moved the ball forward in my stance. Instantly I started getting the low driving baby fade that I love to play. The best thing about it is that I was able to take it to the course for 9 holes before it got dark & the results from the range transferred to the course.

Tomorrow I'll get in a full round with it in this setting. I can't wait!

Good stuff. I plan on testing this driver against my current one and the G 25 this weekend.

TapAhoy!

I just bought the Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 Driver in 10.5 and will install a few different shafts for testing, first will be the Miyazaki Kulsa Indigo 56x, which I think will be a awesome combo. it looks like a deep face, and I like the weighting set up which is working well in my other Tour Edge clubs. How can you go wrong with cup face and low/back heal toe weighting??? I think this is the perfect combo, and a hot face to boot

I was blown away by the performance of the XCG-6 3 wood 15 deg - clearly my best 3 wood ever - has a massive sweet spot, very stable at impact, nice mid launch, explosive distance and big confidence off the deck, sand anywhere, at first I thought the head was too big, but its not been a problem at all. When I set my matrix 8Q3 Stiff shaft (tiped 3/4) I held the head and flexed the shaft back and flatter to sneek .5 deg open with the 5min epoxy was setting ;). There is a fraction of wiggle room of the my shaft in the bore. If not scuff sand 4 o clock high on the tip 'a fraction' to get this. hope this helps as there is no adjustable hosel, anyway who needs one with all that negative high heal weight.

Since then I bought the 3,4,5 hybrids and are hitting more greens, if I am into the wind I just go to the lower hybrid and smooth swing it, despite the wind it still get to the yardage. My wife love's the 4 hybrid in senior flex as well. The 3 hybrid with the UST V2 shaft in x flex is awesome combo 200-215 , however these hybrids hit very well out of rough and excellent out of fairway bunkers, loose ground. They out preform my old 910f, actually not even a fair to compare then at all. They take a few range sessions to get used to especially to line up the face square, now I focus on the top line on the crown, as looking at the face loft has been leaving me open. They are tough to hook or pull which I like, my usual shot is straight ...bullet straight right at it!

I see Tour Edge Exotics as the next biggest upcoming club line. They are just more quality in build, from what I see anyone who swings these clubs are hooked, or they just need a different shaft, and if you get a shaft dialed in you wont leave these clubs UN-attended...lol!

After looking at the robot test that edwin watts did, this club smoked checked everything. Gonna go to EW today to try them out against my current driver.... I might have a new gamer :act-up:

After looking at the robot test that edwin watts did, this club smoked checked everything. Gonna go to EW today to try them out against my current driver.... I might have a new gamer :act-up:

Awesome! I don't know how I've had the self control to not buy this yet. Was hitting drivers on a sim the other night and the XCG6 made everything else including my current gamer look like kitchen utensils.

Wow thats great, i called my local EW and they had 2 9* stiff and a 10.5 reg. Prolly gonna have to go across town to look at the other options and their launch monitor works. My local EW's LM doesnt work, the manager believes in letting you go and demo the club then make a decision and not going by the numbers on the LM

Army you remember what shaft you tried? I already told EW to hold a 10.5 with the Matrix shaft

After a couple of rounds & a few range sessions, I've got this driver dialed in to fit my preferred shot shape & I'm loving the distance I'm getting. Especially the roll out.

At first I started out with it set in the U position. According to TEE, in this setting the face is square & 2* upright from the neutral setting. The upright setting is supposed to help straighten out a heavy fade into a straighter flight. I wanted to try it in this position because my normal baby fade had recently turned into a big fade/ugly slice.

Shockingly enough, the club performed as advertised and put my drives back in the fairway where they belong. My miss in this setting was a pretty significant pull, but I minimized that by moving the ball back a little bit in my stance.

Next I tried the C setting, which closes the face by 2* & adds 1* of loft. I wanted to try this to see if I could hit a reliable draw. I only left it in this setting for 9 holes because it was bringing the left side into play & caused me to fire a couple a balls OB left. I moved it backed to the U setting & played the rest of the round with much better results.

On the range today, I had my Aha! moment with the club. I set it at N (neutral) & moved the ball forward in my stance. Instantly I started getting the low driving baby fade that I love to play. The best thing about it is that I was able to take it to the course for 9 holes before it got dark & the results from the range transferred to the course.

Tomorrow I'll get in a full round with it in this setting. I can't wait!
Shakey was curious as to how you hit the xcg-6 the other day. I am looking forward to hitting this pretty soon. This driver has me seriously pondering after Ed Watts's testing of the club.

Army you remember what shaft you tried? I already told EW to hold a 10.5 with the Matrix shaft
Matrix Ozik HD6.1 in Stiff. Also in a 10.5 as this is a low launching head for me. The Tour AD 40g shaft felt a lot like the C. Kua in last years Classic...which is not a good thing IMO.

Why would they only make the Lefty Clubs in a 9° loft?? That seems ridiculous.... Seems more people would fall in the 10.5° category....

Tried this out again today. And Im quite sure it will be me bag very soon and possibly as early as this weekend. Really like the balance of the club and the shaft is great. The Matrix 5.1 is in my TEE hybrid and feels good. May when pick up another hybo. I need to stop pondering and just pull the trigger.

TapAhoy!

Tried this out again today. And Im quite sure it will be me bag very soon and possibly as early as this weekend. Really like the balance of the club and the shaft is great. The Matrix 5.1 is in my TEE hybrid and feels good. May when pick up another hybo. I need to stop pondering and just pull the trigger.

TapAhoy!

Just do it!!! I promise you won't regret it.:act-up:

well went yesterday, didnt get to hit the driver but the hd stiff just wasnt stiff enough for me. They are calling the local dealer so he can give me a demo so i can take it to the course. If i do make the switch i probably will be changing shafts.

Shakey was curious as to how you hit the xcg-6 the other day. I am looking forward to hitting this pretty soon. This driver has me seriously pondering after Ed Watts's testing of the club.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply, but to answer your question, I'm still loving this driver.

The main reason I like it so much is the consistency I'm getting. The distance is nothing to sneeze at, but the comfort level I have off the tee is higher than I've ever felt before. I feel like I know exactly what type of shot I'm going to get. I simply line up down the left side of the fairway, take it back slow, make the transition, and focus on firing through the ball when my hands get back down to about torso height. I'd say 80% of the time I'm getting a mid-flight baby fade with decent roll. I don't know if its the shaft, the low spin head or a combination of both, but I love it. FWIW, I've been averaging around 265 off the tee with my 100-105 swing speed. Not sure if thats good or not.

In the last 2 rounds I've played, I've only missed 6 fairways. 4 of those misses were within a few yards of the fairway & easily playable. The 2 others were pretty bad pulls left when I was trying to kill it. Neither were OB, but I had to hit a punch shot back out to the fairway in both cases.

For some sadistic reason, I would like to try the Graphite Design Tour AD 40 shaft in it at some point. It supposedly has more pop to it because its lighter & has more torque. I suppose I should just leave it alone & enjoy the resluts I'm getting. If I do end up ordering the other shaft, it won't be until after the member/guest tourney I play in the 2nd weekend of June. Has anyone hit it in this shaft?

well went yesterday, didnt get to hit the driver but the hd stiff just wasnt stiff enough for me. They are calling the local dealer so he can give me a demo so i can take it to the course. If i do make the switch i probably will be changing shafts.

I'm suprised the MAtrix wasn't stiff enough for you. You must make a pretty strong turn on the ball.

Back