Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Driver Preview

I used to love this thing before my swing went flat, low, and ugly. I bet a 12* head would be the ticket for me.

I used to love this thing before my swing went flat, low, and ugly. I bet a 12* head would be the ticket for me.

I could see you absolutely nuking a 12* XCG6. Not sure if they made a 12*, but if they did I bet it'd be mad cheap right now.

Not to encourage you to buy more drivers or anything. :alien:

I could see you absolutely nuking a 12* XCG6. Not sure if they made a 12*, but if they did I bet it'd be mad cheap right now.

Not to encourage you to buy more drivers or anything. :alien:

They made a 12 and I'll bet there are some good deals out there on them. The type of player who is going to cold buy an Exotics driver, is probably not the type of person who would "invite" the ego hit of playing a 12. This is nothing against the brand or those that play them. It's just a club line that is a better fit for higher swing speed, lower cappers, and those typically don't gravitate to 12 degree heads.

They made a 12 and I'll bet there are some good deals out there on them. The type of player who is going to cold buy an Exotics driver, is probably not the type of person who would "invite" the ego hit of playing a 12. This is nothing against the brand or those that play them. It's just a club line that is a better fit for higher swing speed, lower cappers, and those typically don't gravitate to 12 degree heads.

Ah ok, awesome. Army is actually a reasonably high SS player and a fairly low cap, but he just happens to have a very flat swing, so he needs the extra loft to launch it correctly. With a higher loft driver though, dude absolutely BOMBS it. Funnily enough, I have a lower SS than him, and yet I have no issues launching the 10.5* XCG6, simply because I have a more vertical swing plane. Funny how that works out!

Ah ok, awesome. Army is actually a reasonably high SS player and a fairly low cap, but he just happens to have a very flat swing, so he needs the extra loft to launch it correctly. With a higher loft driver though, dude absolutely BOMBS it. Funnily enough, I have a lower SS than him, and yet I have no issues launching the 10.5* XCG6, simply because I have a more vertical swing plane. Funny how that works out!

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm a low swing speed guy (85-90 MPH), but have a pretty positive angle of attack. Lower lofts work better for me than what my swing speed would suggest.

The knock on this line for me isn't the launch. I just don't generate enough spin with this particular head to keep the ball up in the air. My XHot generates more spin and thus carry.

Something about the way the XCG6 sets up is really nice though. I have 4 drivers now that are all playing at 44.75 or 44.50 and the XCG6 at 44.75 is the one that I'm most confident that I can hit the center of the club face with.

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm a low swing speed guy (85-90 MPH), but have a pretty positive angle of attack. Lower lofts work better for me than what my swing speed would suggest.

The knock on this line for me isn't the launch. I just don't generate enough spin with this particular head to keep the ball up in the air. My XHot generates more spin and thus carry.

Something about the way the XCG6 sets up is really nice though. I have 4 drivers now that are all playing at 44.75 or 44.50 and the XCG6 at 44.75 is the one that I'm most confident that I can hit the center of the club face with.

I can see that, yeah. I'm around 100MPH, so I definitely generate more spin than you do, hence I do get enough carry to make this thing playable. That being said, the carry is still a good 10 to 15 yards shorter than the Big Bertha on average unless I absolutely smoke it. As previously stated though, the rollout is much longer.

I agree, it is a very comforting driver for some reason. It feels shorter than it is. When I let G4L and his bro hit it, they both made similar comments, and we kind of think it has something to do with the way it feels in hand. The weighting is just somehow right.

Last edited:
Still the best driver I ever owned . I bought 2 of them , I have one set to neutral and one upright . I use neutral when I need one in play , and upright when I really go at it and accuracy isn't a must . Top top top notch club

Pairing a 12* XCG6 with a Kusala White makes me salivate. That could be seriously bombtastic.

I agree, it is a very comforting driver for some reason. It feels shorter than it is. When I let G4L and his bro hit it, they both made similar comments, and we kind of think it has something to do with the way it feels in hand. The weighting is just somehow right.

I think that's it. When I look down at it, it feels like I CANNOT miss. The head design reminds me a lot of the older Tour Edge XLD. It's almost a pentagon shape.

With respect to the distance, against say the Xhot it is kind of a trade for carry versus roll. They seem to go within 5 yards distance wise, and it really depends on ground conditions. I have to think on a really hot and dry summer day that the XCG6 would be considerably longer.

Looking into the hybrids to compliment my irons. Need a 3 and 4. I think I hit the 5i well enough to not need the 5h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I game the XCG7 3 & 4 hybrids. They are a little longer then I'd expect a 3 and 4 iron to be but I wouldn't say that they are so long that my gaps are screwy. Some good prices to be had out there on them too. I love em. Easy to hit and easy to find the fairway! I'm a big Tour Edge fan!

I think that's it. When I look down at it, it feels like I CANNOT miss. The head design reminds me a lot of the older Tour Edge XLD. It's almost a pentagon shape.

With respect to the distance, against say the Xhot it is kind of a trade for carry versus roll. They seem to go within 5 yards distance wise, and it really depends on ground conditions. I have to think on a really hot and dry summer day that the XCG6 would be considerably longer.

True for me as well vs. BB, although not quite as distinct since the BB is lower spin than the XH, but same idea. I wouldn't game this driver on a wet course.

I game the XCG7 3 & 4 hybrids. They are a little longer then I'd expect a 3 and 4 iron to be but I wouldn't say that they are so long that my gaps are screwy. Some good prices to be had out there on them too. I love em. Easy to hit and easy to find the fairway! I'm a big Tour Edge fan!
I hooked a drive today on a long par 4 and left myself 225 to the pin. smoked the 3 hybrid to 15 feet to get a par. best shot I hit all day. Love those things!

Back