Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

Still wacking the crap out of this club and am still very happy. I have never had a club be so forgiving and go so straight then this club. My poor M6 driver is just collecting dust in my closet. This is by far my favorite Teem Tour Edge club.
It’s a TREMENDOUS driver. Im still amazed at how high I can hit it when I switch back from the EXS Pro, launch with ease.

It’s a TREMENDOUS driver. Im still amazed at how high I can hit it when I switch back from the EXS Pro, launch with ease.

For sure

Hangs with the best of them for me.

my only knock is the single cog adapter. Just like with a Ping, when I Loft up the face closes too much for my liking. I know one can square up the face and re grip but I like to let it rest as it wants to.

This one continues to impress me.

I played with my brother this week. He saw the EXS220 cover in my bag and he immediately grabbed it out of my bag and put it into his and said I will be gaming this today. He smashed it last time we played a couple months ago.

He goes all out with his swing and is longer than me. Because of his wreckless abandon for a swing he doesn't always hit the sweet spot. He hit some way off the heel and toe side and the distance barely suffers.

I also used the driver and given the drier conditions out had some nice bounce and rolls. We played his home course (my home course many moons ago) and was getting the ball to my all time longs there. To be fair it's a pretty wide open course so you can go after it pretty hard there. EXS220 is a great driver for that being so forgiving. He also commented that he likes the sound (his current gamer is a Cobra LTD - also another good sounding driver).

With my brother being a faster swinger than me (he gets it out there 240-270), would love to see what he could with a properly fit 220 Pro or 220. Thinking he would pick up nice gains with a 10.5 head and stiff HZRDUS yellow shaft. Maybe if I see one on Tour Edge preowned I'll pick one up for his as a gift.

Another fantastic day on the course with this weapon of long bombs! This thing was triggered today... Slow start as I was hitting some low stingers into the wind (not intentional) but worked due to forgiveness. Then this club got 🔥🔥🔥... Span of 5 holes (par 3 mixed in) I had four perfect drives! One over my personal record.

Long straight and drawing.

Playing partner loved the sound feedback and knew I hit them solidly off the face. It was a great pairing today!

When you wack a pure hit with the exs220, the sound is amazing. I can't honestly say I hit all balls straight and a mile with this driver, but it has really upped my game and way more consistent than my previous M6 driver. I have said before that I like this driver so much, I have pulled the M6 from my bag, and that is still true today.

When you wack a pure hit with the exs220, the sound is amazing. I can't honestly say I hit all balls straight and a mile with this driver, but it has really upped my game and way more consistent than my previous M6 driver. I have said before that I like this driver so much, I have pulled the M6 from my bag, and that is still true today.
This is the sleeper driver of the year by far.

agreed. while the bb21 has sounded appealing, the exs220 has kept any serious ponders out of mind. Looks great. Plays great. And yeah, that sound🚀

agreed. while the bb21 has sounded appealing, the exs220 has kept any serious ponders out of mind. Looks great. Plays great. And yeah, that sound🚀
To be fair, I do think they’re a bit different beasts. But yeah, there’s ample forgiveness here, just not the heavy design to mitigate the right miss as much.

I’m curious to see how they stack up spin wise. Something I’m going to dive into next week.

To be fair, I do think they’re a bit different beasts. But yeah, there’s ample forgiveness here, just not the heavy design to mitigate the right miss as much.

I’m curious to see how they stack up spin wise. Something I’m going to dive into next week.

and I’m not saying I wouldn’t love to try a bb21...but 3-4 months ago, I’d have been chomping at the bit try a driver like it. For now, my wallet...and marriage...are marked safe from golf purchases.

Pounding the middle of the face "art" at the current moment and some accidental stingers... Feel is awesome with great ball flight!

EXS220 driver, EXS Pro 4h and Wingman putter all went into the bag for Sunday mornings round. I started off a little shaky with a double and a bogey but then settled in with a 42 on the front. On the back, things clicked and managed to shoot +1 36. On a shorter par 5, I hit a good drive cutting the corner which left me 6i in which I never go for in 2 as it's sort of a forced carry green and you can't be long or short. Hit a nice 6i and had a look for Eagle and left the lag 8' short and missed the birdie putt :mad:,doh.
74% FW hit with 34 putts.
Used the 4h to tee off with on a couple of shorter holes. The flight is still a bit lower than I'd like but it gets the ball out there with a good amount of roll.

For the first time, this weekend, the EXS 220 driver did not deliver for me. I could not hit it for anything. Was it the driver, heck no. Was it an off day for my swing, most definitely. I can't imagine how bad it could have been with my old driver. Oddly enough, I hit the EXS pro hybrid pretty decent. It actually went straight as an arrow and my iron work was stellar. So it seems when my irons are spot on, the driver suffers and vice versa. Love this game of golf.

Best round so far with the EXS220 driver last Friday.

Ended up hitting 87% fairways with ample distance for me (231 Avg, with a 252 P Avg). Unfortunately my iron game was off and I only hit about 5 greens. :(

My buddy was asking me about the sound of drivers.
Of the drivers I have hit so far this year:

Cobra SZ Xtreme, PXG 0811 Gen 2, Callaway Mavrik, Callway Epic Flash, EXS220 and TM Sim Max, I would put the EXS220 2nd behind the Mavrik in terms of sound. Tour Edge really got the sound right with this line.

As the season here in OH draws closer to ending, I wanted to share my numbers on the EXS220 driver compared to my normal gamer (Flash 12*) as well as a Speedzone Xtreme 12* that I picked up in June to test as well).
Once again I am a short knocker and play the 12* with the Ventus Blue 5R shaft.

Setups:
EXS220 lofted to U/+
Xtreme lofted to +1/D
Flash lofted to +2/D

Shotscope data:
Black = Xtreme
Yellow = Flash
Blue = EXS220
Avg distance counting all shots:
1603846449694.png

PAvg (removes poor shots):
1603846515091.png

As one can see the EXS220 hangs in there with the 2 best drivers I have ever owned in terms of distance.

As for accuracy:
Xtreme had a 55% FIR with a 13* miss left and 31* miss right
EXS220 had a 57% FIR with a 28% miss left and 14* miss right
Flash had a 57% FIR with a 28% miss left and a 14% miss right
So all very accurate drivers for me only real difference is the Xtreme wanted to not draw back as much as the other too when I got pushy with some swings.

Last edited:
i have 2 rounds in with my exs pro driver and i am really enjoying it. both rounds fir around 70% with a slightly right miss (all me right there). very solid feeling head and stable shaft, tensei orange stiff. i would recommend this driver to anyone willing to step outside the box a little

I spent about 30 minutes hitting this one today in the Tech Studio and still think it is one of the most underrated drivers of all of 2020

I spent about 30 minutes hitting this one today in the Tech Studio and still think it is one of the most underrated drivers of all of 2020

It definitely kept up with my Flash and Xtreme distance wise. My only knock is it set up closed when I added the loft I needed. Then I drew it a bit too much. If this one had a double cog system it would have made my bag. The off center retention was really great. Nice sounding driver too.

it has kept me from buying another driver...I mean, I will anyway :LOL: but...I don’t constantly ponder drivers anymore. The 3w is spectacular as well.

At the range last visit, saw two of these in the wild in the bays next to me. I know they have gained in popularity (and should) based on sales, but its such a good driver that has been overlooked.

Love, love, love this driver. It is the only one in my bag (poor M6 is collecting dust) and my playing partners say "I am killing it" with this driver. (y)

At the range last visit, saw two of these in the wild in the bays next to me. I know they have gained in popularity (and should) based on sales, but its such a good driver that has been overlooked.
I’ve yet to see a Tour Edge driver in the wild but this year alone started seeing some older TEE hybrids as well as a couple box sets in peoples bags. Anytime I do I make sure to point it out to the person and show em my Exotics head covers.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I’ve yet to see a Tour Edge driver in the wild but this year alone started seeing some older TEE hybrids as well as a couple box sets in peoples bags. Anytime I do I make sure to point it out to the person and show em my Exotics head covers.

the exs220 head covers are my favorites of all the mfg head covers. Great looking, great quality.

Two people in my regular group are currently gaming the EXS 220 Pro version.

So the ventus isn't exactly a made for, it's a made different, some claim it's better than the real one.

Is the hzdrus smoke yellow a made for or the real deal?

So the ventus isn't exactly a made for, it's a made different, some claim it's better than the real one.

Is the hzdrus smoke yellow a made for or the real deal?
It’s a Ventus missing all that makes it a Ventus. And I’ve not heard that claim anywhere, that’s interesting to me.

All PX HZRDUS shafts are “real deal”.

Back