Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

Nice review and write up.

Have not hit one, but really want to try one at some point!
Thanks for the informative review!

Strange, my comment on the Home Page article just popped up as a post in the thread.... first time I have noticed that happening!

Strange, my comment on the Home Page article just popped up as a post in the thread.... first time I have noticed that happening!
Yup. Pretty cool feature eh? Works both ways too!

Great write up as usual @Jman . This driver keeps coming to my mind when I think of drivers I would like to try, and this article just piques that interest even more. The forgiveness, the looks, and the launch all speak to me. Then the price, its really the cherry on top for a new driver loaded with so much tech. I just added the exact same HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 shaft into my Cobra F6+ and it really woke the Cobra up. I was hitting a nice straight shot, but could use a bit more height. Sounds like the EXS 220 gave you that added launch.
Overall a very intriguing offering from TEE. One that I will be keeping an eye on as the TEEm gets this out on the course. What an amazing first review opportunity for you all! Enjoy it!

Great write up as usual @Jman . This driver keeps coming to my mind when I think of drivers I would like to try, and this article just piques that interest even more. The forgiveness, the looks, and the launch all speak to me. Then the price, its really the cherry on top for a new driver loaded with so much tech. I just added the exact same HZRDUS Smoke yellow 6.0 shaft into my Cobra F6+ and it really woke the Cobra up. I was hitting a nice straight shot, but could use a bit more height. Sounds like the EXS 220 gave you that added launch.
Overall a very intriguing offering from TEE. One that I will be keeping an eye on as the TEEm gets this out on the course. What an amazing first review opportunity for you all! Enjoy it!
I genuinely think it’d surprise some people.

It’s admittedly not my preferred shape/size, but. I keep coming back to hitting it.

Another thing I want to mention, that I didn’t in the review due to length. The adapter that TE uses remains effective enough. It’s not the best out there, but, they clearly believe they’ve found one that works best for their applications, and they’re not wrong.

Another thing I want to mention, that I didn’t in the review due to length. The adapter that TE uses remains effective enough. It’s not the best out there, but, they clearly believe they’ve found one that works best for their applications, and they’re not wrong.

Not using adapters much to mess with the stock settings, this one needs clarifying...do they close or open the face?

Quick explanation? U/O +/-/++? Are these the triggers to turn the dial?
IMG_20200408_083835.jpg

Not using adapters much to mess with the stock settings, this one needs clarifying...do they close or open the face?

View attachment 8936285
Increasing loft closes the face, lowering opens it.

View attachment 8936285
This is the EXS adjustment card
IMG_1985.JPG

So, my Hzrdus Black shaft with an EXS adapter will work in the 220 head?

So, my Hzrdus Black shaft with an EXS adapter will work in the 220 head?
Yup. I have the EXS adapter in my 220 right now as it’s what I had from last year to shaft up the Riptide Small Batch.

That adapter is tidy and does a decent job. Callaway adapter is still the best for shaft swapping, but it’s so fugly.

View attachment 8936285

The U means upright lie if anyone was wondering.

That adapter is tidy and does a decent job. Callaway adapter is still the best for shaft swapping, but it’s so fugly.
The TEE adapter is solid, it’s simple, but gets the job done.

So played around with the driver today... Worked on swing this week through videos and swing weight and 1st session of SS.

Great driving day... Middle of face flushers flew nicely with baby draws and fairways found! Forgiveness is there with booming shots. Sounds is louder than competition but forget that. Work it... Smooth seeing and more speed great mix out there today... Need a driving range as bad weather this week

Very much contemplating some hot melt and letting this one battle for the bag....

Officially working on the EXS vs EXS 220 rundown this weekend and early next week. Something that could be fun!

So played around with the driver today... Worked on swing this week through videos and swing weight and 1st session of SS.

Great driving day... Middle of face flushers flew nicely with baby draws and fairways found! Forgiveness is there with booming shots. Sounds is louder than competition but forget that. Work it... Smooth seeing and more speed great mix out there today... Need a driving range as bad weather this week

The sound is an interesting convo. It’s very similar to last years Flash IMO, so I wouldn’t call it the best sounding on the market like they did this week with the THP interview, but, I do know it’s about 1,000 times improved over the EXS.

The sound is an interesting convo. It’s very similar to last years Flash IMO, so I wouldn’t call it the best sounding on the market like they did this week with the THP interview, but, I do know it’s about 1,000 times improved over the EXS.

If I find out driving range is open... I'll take all the old drivers I have and compare.... Cleveland HB is loud and obnoxious.nike is quiet and dull "pingy" Srixon 785 is great sound and feel.

Having both side by side, I agree on the sound being similar to the Flash in terms of loudness. Their tones are a little different but similar ball park for sure. I’m not opposed to the Flash when coming from the PXG driver which is like hitting a Wilson Duo with everything. Just dead feeling. With the Flash and 220 you know you’ve hit it which I like.

Having both side by side, I agree on the sound being similar to the Flash in terms of loudness. Their tones are a little different but similar ball park for sure. I’m not opposed to the Flash when coming from the PXG driver which is like hitting a Wilson Duo with everything. Just dead feeling. With the Flash and 220 you know you’ve hit it which I like.
The issue is, I’d make the argument that the dense carbon fiber feedback is the popular one now, and arguably the “norm”. It’s because of that I think we will continue to see many companies change making their feedback more dense and lower in the acoustic feedback. Here, it’s higher than that by a fair stretch, and I’d argue being compared to the Flash isn’t the most flattering thing where sound goes, but a fair sight better than the Cleveland HB Turbo or even the original EXS.

I’m thinking about putting together this driver with a KBS TD driver shaft.

I’m thinking about putting together this driver with a KBS TD driver shaft.
I think you would really really really enjoy this one, you’ve got the 10.5 head there, yeah?

Back