Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

I think you would really really really enjoy this one, you’ve got the 10.5 head there, yeah?

I believe so. Just arrived.

Speaking of rip though, Riptide has been a lot of fun in this one. Hoping for more data collection this week if I can get my back, back in order.

Excited to get some more time on these this week, finally feeling healthy again and with a clear head. Hopefully that means the swing returns too.

Going to take the EXS and this one out tomorrow as the two drivers in the bag. Should get interesting.

Annnnnnd it’s raining all week. Delaying me getting this on the course with the Small Batch Riptide 60 6.5 in it.

That’s lame.

Where are you guys at that are on the TEEm?

They’ve been posting in the old thread, also several are still not able to golf.

As jman there are two threads. His review thread here and the initial thread for the release of the club. I’ve been posting over there.
Maybe a thread merge is in prder

Two of us are in NE Ohio and as of This weekend we’ve still been getting snow.
That plus covid has put a damper on testing. ranges just re-opened here Friday.

I’ve been testing the 220 driver against my Flash. So far I’ve found it to be every bit as long. Sounds similar to the Flash. Head shape is more elongated which I don’t mind. Overall a nice looking package and really great value at $349.

my only knock is I like Callaways Double Cog adapter over a single cog like Tour Edge uses. Single cogs flatten the lie when adding loft. I like with the Cally adapter that I can add loft and increase the lie angle. Upright fits my eye better.

We out here! Ready to go. I have had extensive time and can answer anything you ask or will do my best.

As jman there are two threads. His review thread here and the initial thread for the release of the club. I’ve been posting over there.
Maybe a thread merge is in prder

Two of us are in NE Ohio and as of This weekend we’ve still been getting snow.
That plus covid has put a damper on testing. ranges just re-opened here Friday.

I’ve been testing the 220 driver against my Flash. So far I’ve found it to be every bit as long. Sounds similar to the Flash. Head shape is more elongated which I don’t mind. Overall a nice looking package and really great value at $349.

my only knock is I like Callaways Double Cog adapter over a single cog like Tour Edge uses. Single cogs flatten the lie when adding loft. I like with the Cally adapter that I can add loft and increase the lie angle. Upright fits my eye better.
No need to merge, makes sense to shift the convo here though now that the homepage article is up, it’s the one with the most eyes for those providing feedback. (y)

I played this one for 9 of my 18 today and though it’s was my worse scoring side, it wasn’t the fault of the driver. With the shaft change it’s been better for me, but something in my setup is still just a little off.

That said, I have ZERO issue saying I believe this is as ball speed capable as anything on the market.

I played this one for 9 of my 18 today and though it’s was my worse scoring side, it wasn’t the fault of the driver. With the shaft change it’s been better for me, but something in my setup is still just a little off.

That said, I have ZERO issue saying I believe this is as ball speed capable as anything on the market.

what shaft do You have in there now ?

Nice. Results trickling in! Sucks for the snow in Ohio though.

No need to merge, makes sense to shift the convo here though now that the homepage article is up, it’s the one with the most eyes for those providing feedback. (y)
Roger that will do!

Got it confused with your fW with the Linq

you switch shafts more than I do 😀
Nah. I’ve had Riptides in all my drivers since they released pretty much, helps that my gamer is a 1/1 built for me specifically on that profile (y)

With the fairway, I’m just trying to make it work because the Yellow and I hate each other. Haha

I have had the EXS 220 out with both the Hzrdus Yellow in the 6,5 and 6.0 (came with the 6.5 but also purchased the 6.0 from TE) on a few occasions now. It has gone head to head with my SIM and it just hasn’t performed as well as the SIM. I attribute that more to the fact that I don’t like the Hzrdus shaft, and prefer my Diamana Limited that’s in the SIM. The SIM seems to me be more forgiving on toe misses, which tend to be my miss.

I have had the EXS 220 out with both the Hzrdus Yellow in the 6,5 and 6.0 (came with the 6.5 but also purchased the 6.0 from TE) on a few occasions now. It has gone head to head with my SIM and it just hasn’t performed as well as the SIM. I attribute that more to the fact that I don’t like the Hzrdus shaft, and prefer my Diamana Limited that’s in the SIM. The SIM seems to me be more forgiving on toe misses, which tend to be my miss.

Is the diamana a made for TM shaft ? If so might be cheap enough to try one in the EXS220.

The more forgiving part really shocks me to be honest. EXS 220 is on G400 Max levels there.

The SIM seems to me be more forgiving on toe misses, which tend to be my miss.

Maybe TwistFace is helping there ? I know depending on one’s path and face it could be a detriment. But maybe you fit who it’s supposed to help (in to out path toe hits to help prevent the snap hook).

I've been looking at this driver for who knows why. I have no need for more drivers but it got me thinking about something and how much I like tour edge for what they did. The number of people I've played with that would benefit from a higher launching high moi head is a lot. Pre pandemic, $350 probably could get them to think about this club.

This EXS220 was $350 prior to pandemic and since pandemic they are basically throwing in another club for free with the purchase of one. This club has face tech, crazy high moi, and aesthetics that suit a wide range of people. This is a club that should sell well (for tour edge). But because of pandemic, other companies basically encroached into this space. PXG gen 2 XF is less than $300. While you wont get a second club with it, it's still a competitive enough to make me start thinking of which max forgiveness head to go with. If resell matters to me, g410 plus is only $50 more than the exs220. That's not even figuring in what Taylormade, Callaway et al are doing as retailers open up.

I think tour edge made an excellent product here. I think a lot of people would do well to try this product. But because of COVID pricing, one major positive of this club just fades away and I hope tour edge doesnt lose out too.

I've been looking at this driver for who knows why. I have no need for more drivers but it got me thinking about something and how much I like tour edge for what they did. The number of people I've played with that would benefit from a higher launching high moi head is a lot. Pre pandemic, $350 probably could get them to think about this club.

This EXS220 was $350 prior to pandemic and since pandemic they are basically throwing in another club for free with the purchase of one. This club has face tech, crazy high moi, and aesthetics that suit a wide range of people. This is a club that should sell well (for tour edge). But because of pandemic, other companies basically encroached into this space. PXG gen 2 XF is less than $300. While you wont get a second club with it, it's still a competitive enough to make me start thinking of which max forgiveness head to go with. If resell matters to me, g410 plus is only $50 more than the exs220. That's not even figuring in what Taylormade, Callaway et al are doing as retailers open up.

I think tour edge made an excellent product here. I think a lot of people would do well to try this product. But because of COVID pricing, one major positive of this club just fades away and I hope tour edge doesnt lose out too.
Best part is, this is as good as any of those you’ve mentioned, and better than several.

I know I have limited feel requirements, but I think the yellow works for a lot of people. As far as forgiving this thing seems to take forgiveness to next level. I know that severe toe/heel strikes are punishing on accuracy but anything slightly outside is felt "flush" in my game. When hit on the center of the diamond face boom!

2 clubs for the price of one I like... but I want to hit them before I buy... and that may still be a bit. I hope the sale goes on for a while but not to the detriment of Tour Edge... I realize they need to make money to develop more and better clubs.

Back