Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

@Jman
Can you breakdown the Carry Distance and the number next to it? What am I looking at there?

I keep adding this to the cart....

Perfection. Honest to God perfection.
Great to hear. TE making some good stuff at an attractive price thats for sure!

@Jman
Can you breakdown the Carry Distance and the number next to it? What am I looking at there?

Disregard, the image was cutoff for me, I see it now.

Figure some will be interested in this, some interesting data based on strikes/misses. Tour Edge claimed 400 RPM from the standard 220, I'm in that wheelhouse. Also, the Pro was hit cold which makes it more impressive to me personally, highest ball speed I have hit in months.

220%209.5-L.png

220%20Pro%209.5-L.png
I love the distance gain but I would stick with the 220 for my game. Those few drives below 2000 can really help turn a curving shot into a nightmare quickly.

Disregard, the image was cutoff for me, I see it now.
Haha, I was worried and confused for a minute!

I love the distance gain but I would stick with the 220 for my game. Those few drives below 2000 can really help turn a curving shot into a nightmare quickly.
They were both straight to a slight draw, even though they were a little high and to the toe.

Give me the speed, the sub 40 peak, and the yardage all day based on how it played over 36 today. 🔥🔥🔥

That said, I think the 220 deserves some props still, the numbers are SUPER playable, and it’s a more forgiving head. It’s also had better numbers for me than my Cobra’s or Mavrik’s, and in the same Riptide 60 6.5 setup.

They were both straight to a slight draw, even though they were a little high and to the toe.

Give me the speed, the sub 40 peak, and the yardage all day based on how it played over 36 today. 🔥🔥🔥

That said, I think the 220 deserves some props still, the numbers are SUPER playable, and it’s a more forgiving head. It’s also had better numbers for me than my Cobra’s or Mavrik’s, and in the same Riptide 60 6.5 setup.
Oh definitely - both are outstanding and I’m just saying with my swing, I want the 220. I guess that makes sense- I’m no pro.

Great to hear. TE making some good stuff at an attractive price thats for sure!
I would compare it to Titleist, which is a huge compliment imo. It’s not bat like, it’s not tinny, it’s not hollow, it’s just solid and explosive...and addicting.

Oh definitely - both are outstanding and I’m just saying with my swing, I want the 220. I guess that makes sense- I’m no pro.
Lol, I’m sure as **** not one either.:ROFLMAO:;)

But the flight, distance, and consistency will not be denied for what I want out of the driver spot. Honestly, this is what I wanted the SZ and Xtreme to be for me.

Figure some will be interested in this, some interesting data based on strikes/misses. Tour Edge claimed 400 RPM from the standard 220, I'm in that wheelhouse. Also, the Pro was hit cold which makes it more impressive to me personally, highest ball speed I have hit in months.

220%209.5-L.png

220%20Pro%209.5-L.png
Looks like a really solid 1-2 lineup for Exotics here. If you toss out the single lowest and highest spin shots for each head, the Pro really has a nice standard deviation to it.

Looks like a really solid 1-2 lineup for Exotics here. If you toss out the single lowest and highest spin shots for each head, the Pro really has a nice standard deviation to it.
Definitely agree, and I’m eager to get some numbers on it after I’ve warmed up.

It’s getting my full focus, if tomorrow replicates today from 7,000, then I’ll be all in.

I want to add two quick things before I come back later with deeper thoughts...

1) The sound/feel here is intoxicating. It’s not hollow, it’s not dead, it’s not composite dominated, it’s not tinny, it’s not hollow....it’s pure, and just powerful. I’d compare it most to Titleist which I think always gets driver sound right. The internal diffusion bar WORKS.

2) It’s long, it’s low spin, and it’s neutral. Immediately lower spin for me than the Xtreme or SpeedZone in 9*, and not fadey. Also lower than my Mav Max at 9 and the Mav which isn’t really fair for it at 10.5 in neutral. Best yet, I’m getting a close to 100 foot apex on even the lowest spinning shots.

This driver is on the brink of making me a very very very happy golfer. Let’s see how today’s round(s) go!
One-Six-Six ball speed. A new recorded high on one swing for me overtaking the Srixon 585. No iPad today, but average would have been in the 159-160 range and spin around 2300.

I’m a very very happy boy.
Put these in the other thread, but this one seems to have more traction even though I’m talking about the pro mostly.

More thoughts this evening if I can kick this headache, but, suffice to say I’m pulling the PX custom (no graphics as that’s the one we have right now) from the ping adapter to a Tour Edge adapter tonight.

The custom is curing 👀

Tensei Orange. I didn’t hit it, the Tensei line has always been underwhelming for me.
Pro orange or regular orange ?
Pro is the best feeling shaft I’ve ever tried.

Pro orange or regular orange ?
Pro is the best feeling shaft I’ve ever tried.
I’ve tried the whole Tensei line, pro and non, just not good for me, underwhelming if I’m being honest based on the hype.

I’ve tried the whole Tensei line, pro and non, just not good for me, underwhelming if I’m being honest based on the hype.
I’ve never settled into any Tensei either. Was fitted by PXG into the Pro Orange 60 Stiff last year which I thought was odd given I swing 90 mph.
Just got the Blue AV 55g in My SZ X and it didn’t work well at all for me. Wild

EXS Pro with my non-graphic PX Small Batch custom is cured and course bound!

Tensei Orange. I didn’t hit it, the Tensei line has always been underwhelming for me.
Sorry if I missed it, but then did you just swap the shaft from the original EXS 220 for the testing numbers?

220%209.5-L.png

220%20Pro%209.5-L.png
Big number gains!

Sorry if I missed it, but then did you just swap the shaft from the original EXS 220 for the testing numbers?
Both drivers used the same shaft at the same length and swing weight (y)

Both drivers used the same shaft at the same length and swing weight (y)

Slicing and dicing the data in an apples to apples comparison - I like your thinking.

Back