Review Tour Edge EXS Pro Driver Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
By now, some are getting tired of hearing the line about the direction Tour Edge has taken their Exotics offerings with the EXS and EXS 220 releases in terms of sheer bang for the buck performance. Well, I won’t go there on this one. If you don’t know that part of the story, then you just haven’t been paying attention. 

The EXS Pro lineup of clubs is, in my humble opinion, Tour Edge thumbing their noses at the people who continue to laud their recent releases but at the same time nit-pick them about their lack of presence when it comes to the low spin monsters which so many think they need. You know what? I think it’s pretty awesome to see them come out swinging like this. 

1-15.jpg

You want Tour player driven designs focused on low spin and shot-making demands? Careful what you wish for. The EXS Pro driver is unlike anything we have seen from Tour Edge when it comes to the big stick, so let’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
Hope everyone enjoys this one as much as I enjoyed writing it. Tour Edge deserves more attention and chatter than they get, and they’re slowly starting to get that recognition.

I'm about to dive into this one, and really I can't wait - but I hate you for getting this driver stuck in my head for weeks now haha

• Staff
I'm about to dive into this one, and really I can't wait - but I hate you for getting this driver stuck in my head for weeks now haha
I would give almost anything for you to get to hit this one. It SCREAMS Dan, it’s a low spin BEAST.

I used to be 100% TEE, but one by one, have migrated. I think my original Tour Edge Driver was the XCG7. I still have a couple of Hybrids (EX8), and of course my, back up iron set of EXi's. I have 913D3 for driver now (Ebay). Tour Edge makes quality products. My only complaint was the inability to find extra adjustable shaft tips for the XCG7.

Excellent writeup. I wonder if TE got any flack from TM over the SLDR like weight? I suppose there is enough difference to ward off any patent or copywrite violations. As for adjustable hosels, I am not a huge fan owing to my following the writings of Wishon, but they do make it handy for changing shafts.

I enjoyed the video. Very well done. This club is probably not the best for me, but for a faster swinger, looks to be excellent. Thanks for doing this.

well written... not sure its for me as the EXS 220 is a beast, but i would love to take a whack at it

small head for errant face placement...:unsure::unsure::unsure: probs not optimal - pleased to see both have the diamond face.

Last edited:
Excellent writeup. I wonder if TE got any flack from TM over the SLDR like weight? I suppose there is enough difference to ward off any patent or copywrite violations. As for adjustable hosels, I am not a huge fan owing to my following the writings of Wishon, but they do make it handy for changing shafts.
Looks way more like other sliding weight designs, but I am sure they are within their realm to create it.

great write up @Jman ... wish i could give one of these a go but alas, they are for the masses only and not the "few" 😁...the 220 it is for those of us gifted the gift of the right side set up.

Great write up! I would love to try this sometime!

Nice review.
I know @Jman really dug the G410LST and this one seems on par if not better. So sounds like a great option if people need lower spin while still maintaining some help with the diamond facing.

Also it’s nice that Tour Edge has the EXS220 as well to fit the bell curve-golfers too.

great to have options especially from a smaller company. With constant sku reductions to help manage inventory it’s cool that Tour Edge is offering an expanded lineup.

Nice review.
I know @Jman really dug the G410LST and this one seems on par if not better. So sounds like a great option if people need lower spin while still maintaining some help with the diamond facing.

Also it’s nice that Tour Edge has the EXS220 as well to fit the bell curve-golfers too.

great to have options especially from a smaller company. With constant sku reductions to help manage inventory it’s cool that Tour Edge is offering an expanded lineup.

my only gripe is no LH options in the EXS220 family for the hybrids...i can live without LH options in the pro line (not really) but i think the vanilla line should have something for everyone

my only gripe is no LH options in the EXS220 family for the hybrids...i can live without LH options in the pro line (not really) but i think the vanilla line should have something for everyone
Definitely agree there.

Nice review.

It’s BETTER than the 410 LST.

IF low spin is what you need!

You are killing it and me with this review. I thought I was down to Mavrik SZ vs Sim, but this one keeps popping up.

@Jman What is the stock shaft lenght and grip? I can't find that info on their website.

Thoroughly enjoyed that video.

You are killing it and me with this review. I thought I was down to Mavrik SZ vs Sim, but this one keeps popping up.
It’s a low spin MACHINE. Would love to see how it would do in the hands of guys like you or Dan

I hope they make these in the future as well. I got the exs pro and am hitting the ball farther then ever and shaping it better then before. I find myself having more chances to reach greens in two on par 5’s. Hope when this driver wears out i can purchase a new one in a few years

My man this was so insanely well done.

Great review and video James!! Not sure I'm the target golfer for this one but understandable why TEE added this to their lineup!

Back