Tour Edge HL4 Iron-Woods and Hybrids

The 3rd shipment from Tour Edge came this weekend! The HL4 3 iron wood.
I have been intrigued to try one of these and glad I get the chance!

Mine came with a KBS Tour 90 stiff shaft. My initial thought is that it has a lot of offset and being someone that has the big left miss in his past, it is a concern. I will give it a go and see if this club can make it in the bag. A high trajectory is soemthing I would love to have!

A622E92F-AD2A-494E-A0B7-77AAB30A4666.jpeg0068E083-E8A7-4DDD-8ABE-C584043B2393.jpegF019A1DF-DA21-42F7-80F0-F7D950EA2137.jpg0B8DF7B4-76EE-49AC-813B-9BD707B35212.jpegBC7B4ACA-EEF2-4605-B8F9-8F63B450FD86.jpeg

Got out for a few holes this evening and used the HL4 3 times. The first was off the tee on a 340 par 4. I floated one down the right side of the fairway really nicely and left myself with 145 to the hole. Next shot was from the rough with the ball about 4 inches below my feet. I did not put a good swing on this one and just hooked it down the left side about 100 yards. The 3rd was on a par 3. Pin was in the middle at 187 yards. I drilled it on line landing on the left front of the green where it rolled out about 5 feet past pin high for a 20' birdie putt. 2 really good shots put of 3 is pretty good for me. I love the launch on this thing. It flies as high as my 6 iron.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anyone else got out and hit theirs yet? I am really interested in the feedback.

My first impression as I took it out of the box is what the heck is it? Is it an iron or a hybrid? It has the mass of a small hybrid with the face profile of an iron. It looks like they painted the back of it black to hide some of the mass at address, but I know it's there. The sole is huge! This will be an interesting test for me as it's not a shape or profile I'd usually gravitate to. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.

The shaft... KBS Tour 90 s is a shaft I've tested out in a few sets of irons, and one I've never really gotten along with. But considering it's a higher launching shaft, and I don't swing as fast as I used to, it'll be interesting to see how it does with this type of club.
bc3c8d89ad23644cf5a42c4566a7ff87.jpg
79b4f7f3ac33b643b76ad411b9675503.jpg
8abbcf59945edab20a36f50124b6dd52.jpg
9b9eeb7df90b02695fdd543c22467f2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anyone else got out and hit theirs yet? I am really interested in the feedback.

Unfortunately I havnt yet but will for sure this Friday

Here is a brand I'd like to see more of in Europe. They are virtually nonexistent over here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn COL-L29 met Tapatalk

Saw the whole line at PGA Superstore today. Did not hit them but was not impressed with the looks. Think the launcher HBs look better.

Saw the whole line at PGA Superstore today. Did not hit them but was not impressed with the looks. Think the launcher HBs look better.

These are admittedly not my style either, but I am slow swing speed player and this is a 3 iron I can consistently hit high and strait. I can't hit a normal 3 iron high and I can't hit a 3 hybrid strait. So having something like this on the market is great. Next time you go in there give it a few swings, they may not be for you, but it's cool to have a product like this out there IMO.

These are admittedly not my style either, but I am slow swing speed player and this is a 3 iron I can consistently hit high and strait. I can't hit a normal 3 iron high and I can't hit a 3 hybrid strait. So having something like this on the market is great. Next time you go in there give it a few swings, they may not be for you, but it's cool to have a product like this out there IMO.

I can agree with the looks, I do like the other brand better as far as aesthetics. But, like I said before I have hit the other brand before and they are fun AF. So I would bet these will be the same.

Hopefully have more tomorrow

I’m all in. They may be funny looking, but at least I can advance the ball with them. My “pretty” traditional hybrids are permanently on the bench because I can’t hit them.

I took advantage of their 50% off demo deal on a #6 to check them out. It will hopefully join my HL3 2 and 3 and a Bazooka Platinum 4 in my bag.

bb8c077a91fd53dd9bbd1f9b9283fcf3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m all in. They may be funny looking, but at least I can advance the ball with them. My “pretty” traditional hybrids are permanently on the bench because I can’t hit them.

I took advantage of their 50% off demo deal on a #6 to check them out. It will hopefully join my HL3 2 and 3 and a Bazooka Platinum 4 in my bag.

Let us know how it works.
Last year I did the same offer on the HL3 and I found it wanted to launch easily but I drew it too much compared to my G700’s.

I spent some time swinging the 20* HL4 iron-wood yesterday when I got home from San Diego. I was at the range, hitting off mats. I also brought my U85 4i (23*) to compare it to. The HL4 is easy to hit, but with the KBS Tour 90 shaft, I find myself having to really swing smooth to really hit anything well. But when struck well, it's pretty long. Again, I'm not a fan of the looks, or the shaft. Hopefully with a couple more test sessions I will be able to give a better idea of what it's capable of. But so far using landmarks on the range I could cope with my rangefinder, Well struck shots travel right around 230yds for me, which is actually the same distance I hit my U85 with 3* more loft.

A 3i replacement is on it's way, I can't wait to test this newest version out, the previous versions were great.

I got my first swings with my HL4 3 IronWood this weekend. Here are my thoughts:

First initial look down at the ball the offset and lie angle on mine for some reason is way off. The toe to me is tipped wayyyy up. I havnt checked the lie angle on it but man it seems its tipped up 3-4 degrees? As far as other looks it not the best looking club out there but its still decently clean.

Feel wise, just as I suspected. The ball flys off the face. The shaft feels good too, its not boardy but its not flippy as well. It actually feels really good. I wasn't to concerned with how the ball would feel off the face but more or less the shaft because it was something I havnt seen before. Two thumbs up there. Surprisingly I didn't have any "hooks" with the way the lie angle looks so maybe its just me but man it sure looks tipped up. I need to see if I can get a picture of it.

Took mine out for 18 yesterday. Only got to us it once on a 180 yard uphill par 3 with a chasm between the green and the tee. I pushed it a bit and ended up right of the green, but I love the ball flight of this club. Super high and very little side to side action unless you really get out of whack on the swing. This shot I just pushed it.

So I hope its ok with the guys at Tour Edge but I begged Brian 2BFAST to let me use his new club for a few weeks. I had a really fun time on the range with it this last weekend and I want to see what I can do with it on the course. He said its cool as I will be playing a lot more golf than he will in the next couple weeks so giving the club a workout is what he wants. More to come

I have had a couple opportunities to take the HL4 ironwood out.

I was completely surprised that I had to really work to get this to turn over! I hit a ton of shots right on line. The one bad thing is on mishits on the toe it was significantly shorter. Around 15 yards shorter. I didn't expect that to be the case. I expected it to be a 5 yards difference.

I like the feeling at impact. It felt crisp.

The head and KBS Tour 90 shaft combo didn’t launch it as high as I expected which I really like because I would like to use this as a driving iron and flight this down off the tee.

The Lamkin z5 grip: I have never been a fan of lamkin and have always played with Golf Prides so this is something that would get changed out of it made it into my bag.

There are positives to this club, just don’t know if it will be a gamer.

MattyDMPLS;n8874816 said:
I have had a couple opportunities to take the HL4 ironwood out.

I was completely surprised that I had to really work to get this to turn over! I hit a ton of shots right on line. The one bad thing is on mishits on the toe it was significantly shorter. Around 15 yards shorter. I didn't expect that to be the case. I expected it to be a 5 yards difference.

I like the feeling at impact. It felt crisp.

The head and KBS Tour 90 shaft combo didn’t launch it as high as I expected which I really like because I would like to use this as a driving iron and flight this down off the tee.

The Lamkin z5 grip: I have never been a fan of lamkin and have always played with Golf Prides so this is something that would get changed out of it made it into my bag.

There are positives to this club, just don’t know if it will be a gamer.

Does your seem tipped up? As in the toe?

tehuti;n8636495 said:

Ordered a demo 6 just now myself. Thanks for the tip!

Hahaha... was looking at this thing this morning before leaving for work. The head looks HUGE sitting next to my U85 4i!

kevin81002;n8875634 said:
Hahaha... was looking at this thing this morning before leaving for work. The head looks HUGE sitting next to my U85 4i!

They do take a bit of getting use to. The Bazooka Platinum looks even bigger, but it’s the easiest club to hit in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the demo 6 Iron-Wood out for a round today, and was extremely impressed. I generally have problems making solid contact consistently, and often hit shots thin and low. Before the round, I figured on hitting about 4-5 shots with it. Ha! The club proved to be so easy and fun to hit that I kept pulling it out of the bag for a total of 12 shots. Now I’m pondering a fitting session to try out some more lofts. LOL

Got to the course early sunday to get more time with my 4 utility. I still think the lie angle is tipped up but I still havnt got it checked yet. With that said, I havnt lost anything left so maybe its just me?

The ball feels like it flys off the face and is very soft. Until I get the lie angle checked im not sold on the looks at address but it is very similar to a competitive brand with a similar head. The sole, its ok looks wise. I think they could of done a little more there but I also get its about keeping the cost down on these also. Its about a medium/high fall flight for me and I really didn't have a huge miss with this on the range. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to use it on the course as I was in a money game and didn't want to use something im not familiar with yet, but will soon.

What I really like is the shaft, I think its smooth just like a UST shaft is expected. Pretty cool this is a stock offering from Tour Edge.

I took the hl4 3i with me to the range before my round on Saturday morning. I hit a few shots with it, and my brother hit a few shots with it. We both have about the same thoughts, which is it's stupid easy to hit. But we also both have a hard time accepting the shape of it. It just looks like so much mass sitting behind the ball. It was hard for either of us to get past that.

But back to the ballflight. If we put a good smooth swing on it, the ball just shoots off the face with a nice high trajectory. This club would be great for someone that isn't comfortable hitting hybrids and wants a high trajectory ballflight from a long iron.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back