Tour Edge HL4 Iron-Woods and Hybrids

erock9174;n8892812 said:
the biggest difference you will notice will be the offset.

The Cleveland Launcher HB/588 Altitude/Hibore Lines have less offset than most blade style irons. For example the 6i HB has less offset than my G700 PW.

The HL4 has a boat load of offset. I�m not knocking them just pointing this out as a difference you may notice between them.
I don't know if I'd call this a boatload, but there is some offset. This is a HL4 3i.
bd0729691dfe9737566bfe7e420def5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't remember much different if any at all regarding offset between the HB's and HL4's

kevin81002;n8892827 said:
I don't know if I'd call this a boatload, but there is some offset. This is a HL4 3i.
bd0729691dfe9737566bfe7e420def5d.jpg

I can work with that. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm old, and swinging shovels has greatly improved my iron game.

I just don't seem to have the lefts with the Launcher irons, but can hook the heck out of all my hybrids now, so these are intriguing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

goalie;n8892860 said:
I can work with that. I've come to grips with the fact that I'm old, and swinging shovels has greatly improved my iron game.

I just don't seem to have the lefts with the Launcher irons, but can hook the heck out of all my hybrids now, so these are intriguing.

I usually hook the crap out of hybrids as well. Of the 30-40 balls I've hit with this so far, all but maybe 2 were straight to slight fade (5yds fade maybe.) The other two I hit a draw maybe 5-10yds left of target.

kevin81002;n8892864 said:
I usually hook the crap out of hybrids as well. Of the 30-40 balls I've hit with this so far, all but maybe 2 were straight to slight fade (5yds fade maybe.) The other two I hit a draw maybe 5-10yds left of target.

Yeah, that's why I'm getting one. My driver is so much better than it's ever been that I don't want to start messing with my swing to fix my hybrids right now.

kevin81002;n8892827 said:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20190828\/bd0729691dfe9737566bfe7e420def5d.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Boatload might have been an exaggeration. I’’’’ll go with Brodozer full of offset

erock9174;n8893065 said:
Boatload might have been an exaggeration. I����ll go with Brodozer full of offset
Haha... fair enough.

Can you buy single 4 and 5 ironwoods?

goalie;n8894120 said:
Can you buy single 4 and 5 ironwoods?

Yes sir. On the Tour Edge site only the HL4 2, 3, AW, and LW can be bought separately which is kinda odd. The 6i is also available for $39 on their trial offer page. Like it keep it. Don’t like it send it back for a refund.

But if you go on sites like Budget Golf or Morton’s Golf Sales they can be bought in any loft. $89ea graphite or $79 in steel.

erock9174;n8894658 said:
Yes sir. On the Tour Edge site only the HL4 2, 3, AW, and LW can be bought separately which is kinda odd. The 6i is also available for $39 on their trial offer page. Like it keep it. Don�t like it send it back for a refund.

But if you go on sites like Budget Golf or Morton�s Golf Sales they can be bought in any loft. $89ea graphite or $79 in steel.
Yeah, I saw that.

Tour Edge has a veteran discount though, and at Budget Golf they are labeled no discount, so I was hoping to just order direct.

Plus I can do custom length and lie factory direct.

I did the sensible thing and just e-mailed them.

😎

Last edited:
Decided to do the trial on the 6i. Got both the graphite and steel coming next week.

erock9174;n8894716 said:
Decided to do the trial on the 6i. Got both the graphite and steel coming next week.

Let us know your thoughts

FWIW, their customer service is amazing. Matt at Tour Edge hooked me up, and by going through them I was able to custom order a 4&5 iw, get free shipping, and use the military discount.

And they ship today.

goalie;n8894787 said:
FWIW, their customer service is amazing. Matt at Tour Edge hooked me up, and by going through them I was able to custom order a 4&5 iw, get free shipping, and use the military discount.

And they ship today.

That's awesome man. Let us know what you think.

I took a few swings last night when I got home from work in my garage bay, and I can't get over how easy this thing is to hit.

kevin81002;n8894941 said:
That's awesome man. Let us know what you think.

I took a few swings last night when I got home from work in my garage bay, and I can't get over how easy this thing is to hit.
I will. I'm setting up a mixed set with my Calloway Diablo Edge 7-pw irons to try out, then leave at my cabin

I put this in play today for my Saturday skins round. I only hit it once on the course. 548yd par 5, my drive left me 247yds to a back pin. I pulled out the 19* HL4 and smashed it right at the flag. I couldn't see where it ended up from back there. As we got close to the green, we saw my ball on the front fringe. It was 228 to the front of the green and I thought for sure I hit it longer than that. Well, I did. The front half of the green slopes heavily from back to front, and my divot was about 10' short of the slope on the middle of the green... so it carried about 240, checked up and rolled down the slope to the front fringe. The greens are friggin soft right now.

Again, this thing is stupid easy to hit.

The demo six came in for me with the graphite shaft in R flex.

Stupid easy to hit is an understatement.

I played a round with my old Diablo Edge irons 7-PW, and Launcher 4-6 with the HL4 six ironwood.

The HL4 was money on several shots, and I'm excited to get the 3,4 and 5.

My Launchers have steel shafts, and I really like how the graphite felt

I finally got a chance to put the 2h through it's paces this weekend during my rounds, I really like the feel of the head and the look is what I expected. I think the stock KBS steel shaft is a bit too weak compared to the LZ I play in the rest of the set, but I think with a little resift to match a bit better I'm really going to like it's addition.

goalie;n8896149 said:
The demo six came in for me with the graphite shaft in R flex.

Stupid easy to hit is an understatement.

I played a round with my old Diablo Edge irons 7-PW, and Launcher 4-6 with the HL4 six ironwood.

The HL4 was money on several shots, and I'm excited to get the 3,4 and 5.

My Launchers have steel shafts, and I really like how the graphite felt

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using R

is the HL4 6 longer or at least the same distance as your HB6 ? Reason I ask is the HL4 (29*) is 3* weaker than the HB6i (26*).

erock9174;n8897012 said:
is the HL4 6 longer or at least the same distance as your HB6 ? Reason I ask is the HL4 (29*) is 3* weaker than the HB6i (26*).

It's really close. If anything, I'm hitting the HL4 6i 4-5 yards further than the HB 6i. That said, the HB irons I have are steel shafts, and the demo HL4 6i has a graphite shaft.

The feeling at impact is a lot softer with the HL4, but I'm not sure if that's the forged face or the shaft.

goalie;n8897056 said:
It's really close. If anything, I'm hitting the HL4 6i 4-5 yards further than the HB 6i. That said, the HB irons I have are steel shafts, and the demo HL4 6i has a graphite shaft.

The feeling at impact is a lot softer with the HL4, but I'm not sure if that's the forged face or the shaft.

Good deal. I got the 6 HL4 coming in both steel and graphite. Plan to get on a Trackman and test against my G700 6i and 588 Altitude later this week. May get some on course testing too.

erock9174;n8897077 said:
Good deal. I got the 6 HL4 coming in both steel and graphite. Plan to get on a Trackman and test against my G700 6i and 588 Altitude later this week. May get some on course testing too.

I am getting a 3,4&5 with graphite shafts this week to round out my mixed set. I'm even debating the 2iw depending on how the 3 works out.

I'm also wondering if, when I bought the Launchers, if I should have gone graphite shaft instead of steel?!?!?!??? I have some injuries from the Marines that have me really appreciating the feel of the 6iw with the graphite shaft.

??????

Went to the range again this morning mainly to work on the driver. But I hit about 10 balls with the HL4 3i. I was chatting with the guy next to me when I got there... nice guy. Probably early 40's and puts a nice swing on the ball. After about 4 or 5 shots with the hl4, he asks me what I'm hitting. He says "Wow. It looks like it's on autopilot. Every ball flight looks the same... high, straight and long. Can I try it?" I let him take a few shots with it and he was sold. The only thing he kept saying after every swing was "Holy #%$t!" I'm pretty sure he'll be buying one.

So I’v been trying to rebuild the top end of my bag to get some better production. Like my EX10BETA 3w off the tee but not so much off the deck. My Rogue HW is great off the deck but not really long enough. Picked up so Epic Flash Fairways from CPO, however I just struggled with them. Went to PGATSS to hit the EXS Fairway woods and really like them. Almost pulled the trigger on a 3+ and 3HL. While the sales person went to get an iPad so we could order the EXS that I needed, I grabbed the HL4 3w Demo club and man, what a fit. I was looking for a club that I could get 200 yards off the tee and the HL4 got me there no problem. I got a couple up to 120 mph ball speed. The HL4 reminds me of the original JGR Fairways which I loved. So I ordered a 3 & 5 wood. Should have them for next weeks rounds

Unfortunately I did not get any swings with my HL4 3i this past weekend, but im glad to see guys having success with this. Its such a killer bang for the buck product.

Back