Tour Edge Hot Launch 521 Irons and Iron-Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The E Series
The 17-4 stainless-steel Hot Launch E521 Iron-Woods feature one of the lowest centers of gravity available in an iron design and boasts a thinner and lighter forged steel crown that increases ball speed.

Tour Edge iron-woods have been setting standards for decades as industry pioneers in hybrid club advancements. Glod coined and patented the “Iron-Wood” name in 1999 and is a leading designer in hollow-body iron designs.

The hollow-body Hot Launch iron-wood hybrid designs from Tour Edge have consistently ranked as the most forgiving and easiest-to-hit Super Game Improvement irons in golf.

The Hot Launch E521 iron sets come in the form of the complete set of iron-woods and are also available individually in every loft in both right and left-handed.

The complete set of Hot Launch E521 Iron-Woods is available as a 7-piece set and the customer and fitter will have the option to choose between a 12-club matrix to get into the correct lofts for the particular needs of the golfer.

521EseriesIronWoodinair.jpg

The C Series
The Hot Launch C521 Irons are maximum distance and forgiveness irons in a traditional cavity back design. The C Series 521 irons are made with the extremely soft 431 stainless steel, providing the optimal feel for players of all levels.

The Hot Launch C521 Irons come as a 7-piece set with options from 4-iron to 9-iron, as well as a Pitching Wedge, Approach Wedge, Sand Wedge, and Lob Wedge. The entire set will be available in right and left-handed models.

A combo set that includes two Hot Launch C521 Hybrids and five Hot Launch C521 Irons will also be available for order and as a custom fitting option.

Undercut Cavity – The C Series irons incorporate an expanded undercut cavity to provide maximum forgiveness, power, and consistent performance. The expanded undercut cavity back design delivers an increased repulsion effect for high-speed power off the face.

The vast undercut cavity allows weight to be moved away from the face and into the sole for a higher M.O.I. and high Characteristic Time (CT) rating with faster ball speeds. The M.O.I. of the clubhead was increased by 10% for significantly improved forgiveness and dispersion.

This undercut cavity also provides a higher launch angle and enhanced forgiveness.

Wider Sole Design – A 15% wider sole lowers the CG and offers superior bounce and increases launch for cleaner, high-flying shots. The wider sole design leads to cleaner turf interaction for more consistent shot making.

Chamfered Face – A Chamfered Face around the topline and leading edge of the iron allowed for an increase in face height and topline thickness without affecting the traditional shape of the Hot Launch C521 Irons.

The beveled design element helps the iron pack more ball speed, overall forgiveness and confidence while still maintaining a profile that fits the Competition Game Improvement spec billing.

Advanced Toe Weighting – Advanced toe weighting technology in the Hot Launch C521 Iron maximizes stability on impact and provides better off-center hit distance from the face of the iron. The strategically placed toe wight elongates the sweet spot and pure feel off the face of the irons.

521Cseriesirononair.jpg

Man. They have done some WORK on the aesthetics of the HL line. Much improved.

I’m of the opposite ilk given I like the limey, neon yellow look.
The new Ironwood to me looks very box set-ish.
thats a lot of chrome on the sole that will likely look pretty rough quickly.

I’m of the opposite ilk given I like the limey, neon yellow look.
The new Ironwood to me looks very box set-ish.
thats a lot of chrome on the sole that will likely look pretty rough quickly.
We couldn’t disagree more, but that’s ok! ;)

The E iron-woods look similar to the Cleveland HB3's on the bottom. I'll be demoing these. Too bad TE has a limited amount of retailers.

Combining the E and C Series might be a good idea. Have had the Cleveland XLI and HB3's and found the W-9 iron are a bit too clunky for full shots. Add the C clubs for W-9 or 8 to the E could be brilliant.

I prefer a more simplistic design approach, feels like theres too much going on here.

Yes please to some kind of combo set, feels like they've really moved this line in the right direction

Nice initial write-up JB.

Need to try these, after you raving about the version that was at the Ultimate Weekend a few years ago and @pjleduc grabbing them and playing out of his mind they've always occupied a spot in my head.

Definitely need to hit these. The looks are better too.

I love Tour Edge clubs, and especially their HL3 - HL4 series woods.

I just wish the paint was a better quality.

A head cover is a must!

That was my thought exactly. This whole 521 line looks much more appealing than any of the previous Hot Launch stuff.

Nice initial write-up JB.

Need to try these, after you raving about the version that was at the Ultimate Weekend a few years ago and @pjleduc grabbing them and playing out of his mind they've always occupied a spot in my head.

Definitely need to hit these. The looks are better too.
They are great clubs. Still have them in a spare bag and I am toying with the idea of throwing the 4i in the bag to replace a hybrid

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Nice looking clubs

I tried to get on the Tour Edge team, every order (3) was fouled up and their customer service left very much to be desired. The last order was well over 3 weeks so I just gave up and cancelled the order. When I talked to a customer service rep he honestly sounded like he really didn't care. I ordered a new set of Cobra F-Max irons that are due tomorrow so I'll be selling the 3 new iron woods and HL4 driver at a loss or let them collect dust in the garage.

Anyone try the E521 or C521 irons yet ?
These have me curious.

I really want a chance to get fit for the C series soon. That price is so hard to pass up.

I tried to get on the Tour Edge team, every order (3) was fouled up and their customer service left very much to be desired. The last order was well over 3 weeks so I just gave up and cancelled the order. When I talked to a customer service rep he honestly sounded like he really didn't care. I ordered a new set of Cobra F-Max irons that are due tomorrow so I'll be selling the 3 new iron woods and HL4 driver at a loss or let them collect dust in the garage.

We’re yours all custom clubs ?
I bought 3 hybrids (all stock with no custom options) from them recently. Ordered on a Thursday afternoon. I got one The following Monday and the other two came in on Wed. Pretty quick turn around I thought.

I’m loving Tour Edge’s current trajectory. They have a fantastic Exotics line and now their Hot Launch lineup is looking/playing more premium than ever before.

Well @erock9174 and I just received a nice little package that somehow escaped the UPS delivery system I have notifications for. A nice Tour Edge box yielded this bad boy...

A hot launch E521 3 ironwood from the new release...

Quick pictures as I investigate this club and shaft pairing... I have never seen or swing an iron that looked like this and wondering where it fits in the bag...hybo replacement? Forgiving 3 iron? Super distance club?

IMG_20201203_162947.jpgIMG_20201203_162959.jpgIMG_20201203_163023.jpgIMG_20201203_163027.jpg

It came with a head over, sooo does that mean it's a hybrid...according to the most recent podcast it definitely isn't an iron.

It came with a head over, sooo does that mean it's a hybrid...according to the most recent podcast it definitely isn't an iron.
The Ironwoods down to the wedges come with covers.

Back