Tour Striker Plane Mate is really good! 👊💪💪LINK to BUY!

TrueMotionMatt

Reaction score
We don't use many training aides when we teach, but we've had unprecedented success with the Tour Striker Plane Mate. in two weeks, we've sold one to every in studio lesson we've had, because every Player we put in one saw immediate and fantastic results. It's a great tool to help you get the right Takeaway feels and how to shallow out the club on the downswing. The other thing that is really crazy to us is that when people take it off, they still have the same feels from using it. No clue why, but it's a great aide?

If you all are looking to purchase a Tour Striker Plane Mate, we have a link on our website where we get a small % of the sale (full disclosure).

Tour Striker Plane Mate from True Motion Golf

Last edited:
That's high praise. Thanks for the insight!

Just got done using the red band on mine. Goodness that's intense haha.

That transition piece though, really glad I just kinda shift my weight and it transitions vs feeling like I'm manually doing it. I remember watching the training video and going, "eww I don't like that thought one bit"

I use mine lots, helps with proper take away, down swing, and follow through. And the "ghost arms" are just awesome after using it.

I have been wondering about these for a long time. From the coaches perspective. Why do you like it? What feel is it helping you to get across with students that you couldnt before?

I have been wondering about these for a long time. From the coaches perspective. Why do you like it? What feel is it helping you to get across with students that you couldnt before?
Two big things that are huge for people who have never felt them...it's really about giving people good feels:
  1. Takeaway Feel: That the club stays outside your hands and goes much more vertical than people realize on the backswing. It also ingrains this motion pattern. Almost everyone who uses it, oddly says that they still have the "feel" that it's still on when they take it off.
  2. Shallowing Feel: All high level amateurs and pros alike shallow the club with very little effort or force; there is no debate, theory, etc. that says otherwise. Then they rotate in varying degrees. The Plane Mate gives you the feel of a shallowing sensation on the way down. You can't throw the club or come over the top...well you can, but it would be difficult to do if you follow all the protocols and drills. 😂
I hope this helps.

P.S.
Make sure to buy from the link on our website. 😉Thanks in advance as well.

Two big things that are huge for people who have never felt them...it's really about giving people good feels:
  1. Takeaway Feel: That the club stays outside your hands and goes much more vertical than people realize on the backswing. It also ingrains this motion pattern. Almost everyone who uses it, oddly says that they still have the "feel" that it's still on when they take it off.
  2. Shallowing Feel: All high level amateurs and pros alike shallow the club with very little effort or force; there is no debate, theory, etc. that says otherwise. Then they rotate in varying degrees. The Plane Mate gives you the feel of a shallowing sensation on the way down. You can't throw the club or come over the top...well you can, but it would be difficult to do if you follow all the protocols and drills. 😂
I hope this helps.

P.S.

Totally does. Thanks!!

I got mine in on friday. used it Saturday after my round and Sunday off and on. Im trying to follow the protocol so ive only done half swing pitch shots but like mentioned, when I take it off the feels stays with me.... ive never hit pitch shots so clean and straight before. definitely helps with takeaway and forcing me to rotate through a pitch

I hope this helps.

P.S.

Maybe an ignorant question, but do I want a shallowing feel? If I come in steeper, don't I get a better trajectory and softer landing (assuming I strike it the same in both cases)?

I realize the video is probably imperfect, but he was demonstrating shallowing it out but when he actually hit the ball, he came in with a steeper angle than he was demonstrating without a ball.

after leaving mine in the corner for a while (this is the 2nd one I have owned after seeing them selling for $300 plus over the winter I rebought) I busted it out yesterday. Just for takeway this is worth the money for me personally. I have a nasty habit of snatching the club way inside and then I am playing catch up from the get go. this gets some width on the takeaway so I have room on the downswing.

Maybe an ignorant question, but do I want a shallowing feel? If I come in steeper, don't I get a better trajectory and softer landing (assuming I strike it the same in both cases)?

I realize the video is probably imperfect, but he was demonstrating shallowing it out but when he actually hit the ball, he came in with a steeper angle than he was demonstrating without a ball.
Not sure what your feel is, but you want the club to be more shallow on the way in with respect to the club vs. your backline. Yes he comes in steeper, but maybe if he didn't have that feel, he'd come in even steeper. You don't want the club dumped under though because it's difficult to recover/time.

Your comment on 'if you come in steeper'...A too Steep AoA adds spin where you may not need it, which causes the ball to balloon up on you, it also slows you down and people tend to slow their angles. The extreme would be a 'chopping wood' type of swing. Traj comes comes from AoA AND Dynamic Loft (how much loft you're delivering at impact) You want to deloft the club which keeps Traj down but deliver the club on an appropriate AoA. Coming in too steep is a poor way to control all of these because it ads spin loft and reduces speed as mentioned.

Not sure what your feel is, but you want the club to be more shallow on the way in with respect to the club vs. your backline. Yes he comes in steeper, but maybe if he didn't have that feel, he'd come in even steeper. You don't want the club dumped under though because it's difficult to recover/time.

Your comment on 'if you come in steeper'...A too Steep AoA adds spin where you may not need it, which causes the ball to balloon up on you, it also slows you down and people tend to slow their angles. The extreme would be a 'chopping wood' type of swing. Traj comes comes from AoA AND Dynamic Loft (how much loft you're delivering at impact) You want to deloft the club which keeps Traj down but deliver the club on an appropriate AoA. Coming in too steep is a poor way to control all of these because it ads spin loft and reduces speed as mentioned.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Another thing I'm going to pay more attention to at the range.

After i read this thread i watched a number of videos and checked out the protocols. My swing fault is sometimes coming over the top. I watched the videos before i played last night and when i played i tried to imagine the cord and keeping it extended in my takeaway and i saw some good results. Anxious to try this after all the positive reviews and will be ordering one. I didnt see anything in the protocols as to the driver swing . Does this also help to groove a driver swing?. Either way it looks helpful.

After i read this thread i watched a number of videos and checked out the protocols. My swing fault is sometimes coming over the top. I watched the videos before i played last night and when i played i tried to imagine the cord and keeping it extended in my takeaway and i saw some good results. Anxious to try this after all the positive reviews and will be ordering one. I didnt see anything in the protocols as to the driver swing . Does this also help to groove a driver swing?. Either way it looks helpful.
There is one driver protocol on the website...it's towards the end.

There is one driver protocol on the website...it's towards the end.

Thanks i checked it out . Definitely gonna order one and ill do it through your link. This really looks like a great training aid.

if I bought my PlaneMate 2nd hand from someone else, am I able to register it so I can get the advanced protocols??

Back