Tour Striker Plane Mate

How do you know if you are using the tool correctly? Is there a clear and distinct feel or feedback when using it correctly? If so, what is that feeling? Same question in reverse, how do you know if you are swinging off plane?

How do you know if you are using the tool correctly? Is there a clear and distinct feel or feedback when using it correctly? If so, what is that feeling? Same question in reverse, how do you know if you are swinging off plane?

I would watch the videos, they explain it pretty well. I actually sold mine because I stopped using it. I like the feels I was getting, but I prefer what I am getting from work with my instructor.

2BFAST,

What do you do in terms of training with the PlaneMate? Do you repeat all the protocols? How much time weekly do you use it? Do you always hit balls with it? On the other site, a few guys said they used it mainly without a ball (but I think it was due mostly because of weather/location circumstances).

Iv been through all the protocols except the advanced. It was weird having to unlock the advanced by registering my plane mate...., but plan to go through them. I use it to hit balls and also at home while in the basement watching TV in the evenings. While watching TV, ill randomly strap it on and go through some motions just to keep the "feeling". But ill hit balls with hit warming up before I work with my instructor. I just hit wedge shots right now with it.

I am very intrigued by this thing. It seems to have caught on everywhere. I just wonder how well any of these things actually work?? I think I will wait a bit, I bet there will be a lot of early adopters that will be dumping this thing mid 2020.

I'm impressed with it. If done correctly the results are actually very positive. For me at least. The improvements iv made since October are very positive. I actually posted a PB at my home course earlier this month with a 76 (last time I have played because of weather) and I was seeing distances with my driver that weren't usual. My wedge play has drastically improved and its a blast when I get 100 and in. Again, not saying on this making it seem like this is god gift to playing golf....but its helped me.

If you go through the protocols, its leads you from the start of the swing to finish. They also help out with certain checks one can do if you get off kilter. The feeling I get is when I go back and get ready to start my down swing...at that point I feel like I just leave the club there and I have a big rake behind a pile of leaves and its like I'm going to pull the leaves with the rake as hard as I can through. I know I know...weird description but that's the best I can explain. The ball just gets in the way and you can really feel yourself using your legs and mid section to swing rather than upper body and arms. When I start getting disconnected and yanking the club its shank city. You know it because you come in steep and the resistance of the bands keep you coming in steep. Rather without your brain times it up.

Like I mentioned, I really like working with this and the Educator the most. Especially the educator, I hit a lot of balls with the Educator and the ball striking is so fun. Both do a great job getting the feeling of shallowing the club and letting your lower body make the turn rather than yanking down on it. The plane mate just uses resistance to help with stretch.

Last edited:
Bored and it is winter so I am contemplating puchasing the Plane Mate.

Another thing that
Bored and it is winter so I am contemplating puchasing the Plane Mate.

Like I mentioned above, the Educator is a great tool as well. I actually prefer it over the plane mate.

Are these available anywhere? I can’t find one for sale....

Are these available anywhere? I can’t find one for sale....

Sold out. Pre-order now for Feb 24 delivery date.

Got mine a couple of days ago. Was going through the protocols for a couple of weeks before I got it. I think there’s a ton of good information in just watching the videos, even if you don’t have the Planemate, but I think the Planemate gives you some different feels than the videos can give. I think it’s a good program, and I like the idea of the protocols to build the swing.

They are always sold out. Pre order or it seems like you can’t get one. I’d be game to try it for sure.

on my list... hopefully orders will start getting filled. maybe have it by March.

Looks like a good way to get that connected feeling and synch up the arms to the body.

I unfortunately had a hard time waiting. Found one in Australia, so had to pay extra shipping, and it took longer to clear customs, but got it about 2 weeks after ordering, which was way faster than waiting for the pre-orders. Ended up having to pay a premium, but glad I got it faster.

I'm scheduled for delivery Feb 24. I think Martin Chuck & David Woods (7 the rest of the TourStriker co.) were totally unprepared for the viral response of this training aid. They've sold out stock 3 times completely (or is it 4?). I think when Rory McIlroy posted himself wearing one to practice, they really blew up.

I thought the TXG podcast with Martin & David was interesting:

For me, the best part of it so far is shallowing the club while transitioning into the downswing. The band really gives you that proper feeling of shallowing.

Pre ordered one. Let’s see what it can do.

Another thing that

Like I mentioned above, the Educator is a great tool as well. I actually prefer it over the plane mate.

This looks very much like the Watson Hanger, am I seeing it correctly as such?
I have a Hanger (ended up being free), still waiting for my planemate to be delivered, says to allow 6-8 weeks for deliver to me :rolleyes:

This looks very much like the Watson Hanger, am I seeing it correctly as such?
I have a Hanger (ended up being free), still waiting for my planemate to be delivered, says to allow 6-8 weeks for deliver to me :rolleyes:

Apologize but not sure what a Watson Hanger is.....

The Watson Hanger it's an attachment that promotes the correct shaft lean and to stop you flipping your hands while swinging as you can feel the hanger against your wrist.

Oh yeah I have seen that.

I know its the Plane Mate thread but still talking Tour Striker I really like the Educator from him. I think its a really inexpensive tool that promotes great results. Nothing against the plane mate, great tool but for bang for the buck the Educator is it

I was reading through a different PlaneMate thread (on a different site), and one thing that struck me as odd was that there seemed to be quite a few people that bought the PlaneMate but then used it without watching the training protocols. This seems like a waste of time & money to me. There were a small minority of people that posted saying they didn't like it & sold it. I wonder how many of them were actually using it properly?

I was reading through a different PlaneMate thread (on a different site), and one thing that struck me as odd was that there seemed to be quite a few people that bought the PlaneMate but then used it without watching the training protocols. This seems like a waste of time & money to me. There were a small minority of people that posted saying they didn't like it & sold it. I wonder how many of them were actually using it properly?

The site I was on, one of the posters who just received their PM said something like "After putting it on, I shanked the first five or six balls I hit. But, once I started turning my hands earlier in the downswing, I was hitting it solid."

:banghead:

I think that's why for a lot of people, the PlaneMate is only going to be effective IF they take lessons too, and have their coach walk them through the feels and the images. Maybe video their before and after swings or something.

But hey, I'm not gonna judge until I've had a chance to try it out for myself & work through the protocols (which I have watched & will go watch again once I receive this.)

It would be nice to be able to download the videos so you can have them to refer to when you're out at the range rather than use up data or hope they have WiFi (my local range doesn't).

I've watched a few in anticipation of receiving mine. Still waiting for it after shipping on Feb 8th.

I think that's why for a lot of people, the PlaneMate is only going to be effective IF they take lessons too, and have their coach walk them through the feels and the images. Maybe video their before and after swings or something.

But hey, I'm not gonna judge until I've had a chance to try it out for myself & work through the protocols (which I have watched & will go watch again once I receive this.)

The site I was on, one of the posters who just received their PM said something like "After putting it on, I shanked the first five or six balls I hit. But, once I started turning my hands earlier in the downswing, I was hitting it solid."

The guy you quoted saying that he shanked the first five or six balls.....that just exposed his swing right there. When you yank the club from the top and come in steep its shank city. Going through the protocols is key. They go through the first small motions and the foundation of why you are using it. Most guys that buy this or start using it are struggling with consistency. And once you "feel" what a golf swing is actually supposed to feel like relative to what your used to it can be frustrating especially if your not willing to put in the work to make the change. Also the PM isn't going to put you in the positions you need to. It uses resistance via the bands to train your muscles that one might not be used to using that way when you take it off you don't have to think about it as much you have already trained your body as to where the club is supposed to be. Baring you are doing the protocols correctly that is.

It was mentioned working with an instructor using the plane mate and I can tell you this helps a ton. When I first starting going to my instructor back in October once we established the plan going forward one of the first things he did was strap this on me. He said he could teach me without it but this device is going to greatly speed up the process. We started by going through the first few protocols and after that he relied on me to continue the protocols on my on in between sessions. Then when I get there we will work on them. Its helped immensely not only the tool but having an instructor there along the way.

I will say, and iv said it multiple times in this thread already. This isn't a fix all golf device that you strap on and your instantly a scratch player. It takes patience, work, and willingness to let go of bad habits that tend to creep in. Basically like any other lesson or aid.

Golf is hard people.

BTW, Welcome to THP!

Back