Tour Striker Plane Mate

Here's a YouTube lesson Martin did with one of his students

To me I see a real synergy when you use the PlaneMate in conjunction with good coaching. A coach like Martin can move you into positions and help you feel what works. Then the student works with the PlaneMate alone to ingrain those feels

To me I see a real synergy when you use the PlaneMate in conjunction with good coaching. A coach like Martin can move you into positions and help you feel what works. Then the student works with the PlaneMate alone to ingrain those feels

This is correct. I was fortunate to be able to have a good coach while working with mine. Although I think one can do it alone but will need mirror or video feedback

Just don't have the time to look for more training aids or youtube instructors. I'll pick up a few things I forgot like uphill and uneven lies or suggestions to pick up more speed, and I have Tour Strikers from 10 yrs ago collecting dust in the closet. I use alignment sticks, Impact Ball, and Orange Whip. And then I see my instructor once a month. Good luck!

You can cheat the Tour Striker.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this. After 8 days of rain and no practice before my driver fitting. I just couldn't get the correct feels during my warm-up.
After watching a few my swings, my fitter put me in the correct positions and I could feel like I could drop down in the slot as they say. And my smash factor jumped from 1.38 to 1.48 and I hit center face more often.
It just felt more comfortable swinging. And I felt that I could go after it without worrying about being punished with a bad swing. If that makes sense.

......you can cheat any training aid
Well, if it has a club - try cheating the Impact Ball - it just falls out of your arms. lol. Look, if it works for you, that's great. I don't find them particularly useful and I've tried about everything. For the last couple of years, I just say no - and spend time getting relaxtion, tempo and speed together. Along with a few tidbits - like closing the face. Enjoy.

I have followed a teaching pro by the name of Neil Barnhill, he had some good
Videos on the mevo and mevo plus, but he uses the Planemate in his teaching. I recently met him this week and he gave me a lesson (video on his channel will come out soon). I was impressed woth his teaching. I had some takeaway and path issues. He used the planemate and gave me a crash course on the protocols and we worked on some things. I have incorporated parts of the protocol move into my pre-shot routine and I have seen a huge difference immediately. This is him reviewing some advanced protocols, check out his channel for the other protocols and some little tips that the tourstriker videos don’t cover.

I have followed a teaching pro by the name of Neil Barnhill, he had some good
Videos on the mevo and mevo plus, but he uses the Planemate in his teaching. I recently met him this week and he gave me a lesson (video on his channel will come out soon). I was impressed woth his teaching. I had some takeaway and path issues. He used the planemate and gave me a crash course on the protocols and we worked on some things. I have incorporated parts of the protocol move into my pre-shot routine and I have seen a huge difference immediately. This is him reviewing some advanced protocols, check out his channel for the other protocols and some little tips that the tourstriker videos don’t cover.

Nice to hear it's already making a difference for you! Thanks for posting this! Looking forward to using mine & this info can only help.

I would agree with this. After 8 days of rain and no practice before my driver fitting. I just couldn't get the correct feels during my warm-up.
After watching a few my swings, my fitter put me in the correct positions and I could feel like I could drop down in the slot as they say. And my smash factor jumped from 1.38 to 1.48 and I hit center face more often.
It just felt more comfortable swinging. And I felt that I could go after it without worrying about being punished with a bad swing. If that makes sense.
[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear some more positives about this. That's a pretty dramatic increase in efficiency!

I've watched tons of planemate videos on youtube quietly waiting for mine to be shipped. I've noticed that only about half of the people are following the protocols, and it shows in their practice. Even a few reviewers, you can tell they never went through them either, and some like the "be better golf" guy gives it a bad review, and you can tell right away he never listened, and certainly never tried the protocols, he just wrote off the aid with his preconceptions about it.
I think this could be a game changer if you follow the instructions (protocols), or could be a dust collector if you don't.

Really can't wait for mine to be shipped.....

I've watched tons of planemate videos on youtube quietly waiting for mine to be shipped. I've noticed that only about half of the people are following the protocols, and it shows in their practice. Even a few reviewers, you can tell they never went through them either, and some like the "be better golf" guy gives it a bad review, and you can tell right away he never listened, and certainly never tried the protocols, he just wrote off the aid with his preconceptions about it.
I think this could be a game changer if you follow the instructions (protocols), or could be a dust collector if you don't.

That's like any training aid, unless you embrace it and stick to it old habits will come back. Most get bored because its not instant results. Its not a magic device that instantly has you shooting par. You have to work at it lol Not saying that what you are implying, but in general.

....and for the record iv seen a couple videos of that Be Better Golf guy.....and I'm not a fan

....and for the record iv seen a couple videos of that Be Better Golf guy.....and I'm not a fan
Wait a minute. So we should not take the word of this guy over Rory?:devilish:
Put me in the "Not a fan" camp as well.

I know it's not the American way to read the directions before you use something...but I don't understand how you could review something like this and expect anyone to take your review seriously - since you didn't use it the way it was intended.

It's like taking Imodium and complaining that your headache didn't go away. No sh*t!

I have been working with the planemate for about a week. Like many I had mine on order for a several weeks before receiving it, but had an opportunity to have a lesson with a pro (I became friendly with him through his youtube channel) who uses it in his teaching while down in Florida 2 weeks ago (incidentally the PM was waiting for me when I got home from vacation). The pro went through some of the protocals with me, and we talked about what I needed to do to improve my swing (he actually made a video of the V1 lesson we did). He does a nice job on his channel going over all the protocals (he does many of the same thing as Martin Chuck does on his videos, but also does some good fitness and Mevo plus reviews). My V1 lesson video with him is also on this channel.

As far as getting better with the PM. It really takes an effort to educate yourself in what the Martin Chuck swing model is, and watch the protocol videos (several times, and each time you will pick up something you may of forgotten, or pick up something that they tell you to watch out for) and the other videos on his channel (Tour Striker). I also think there is value in videoing your sessions with the PM so you can make sure you are hitting the positions that they want you in during the protocol (DTL and Face-on). This is definitely not a quick fix device, it is an involved process.

That's like any training aid, unless you embrace it and stick to it old habits will come back. Most get bored because its not instant results. Its not a magic device that instantly has you shooting par. You have to work at it lol Not saying that what you are implying, but in general.

I agree, and this aid takes some real change if you are like me and have an over the top swing. If you commit and give this real time doing the protocols it will pay off but the swing pattern is so different from what I have been doing.

I agree, and this aid takes some real change if you are like me and have an over the top swing. If you commit and give this real time doing the protocols it will pay off but the swing pattern is so different from what I have been doing.

Yes

For some (like myself) who I thought what a golf swing is like....now feeling what a golf swing is really like...its foreign and takes time.

Thanks for posting Long Shot. Really looking forward to using mine. The way I’m thinking; even if this only helps my chipping and pitching, it will be worth it

Some other reviewers (non-THP folk) were disappointed that the rail was plastic instead of metal. At first I thought they may have a point, but as I have played around with taking it on/off, I think if it was a metal piece, it probably stands a better chance to get bent out of shape. The hard plastic looks like it will withstand a lot of abuse.

Some other reviewers (non-THP folk) were disappointed that the rail was plastic instead of metal. At first I thought they may have a point, but as I have played around with taking it on/off, I think if it was a metal piece, it probably stands a better chance to get bent out of shape. The hard plastic looks like it will withstand a lot of abuse.

.......disappointed its not metal yet if it was the price would be higher then b*tch the price was too high

.......disappointed its not metal yet if it was the price would be higher then b*tch the price was too high

Exact thought I had.

It's like taking Imodium and complaining that your headache didn't go away. No sh*t!
Uh... I see what you did there. That's the point of Imodium. :poop:

Pre-orders now showing June. I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it comes sooner than June, but excited to watch some more of these videos and work on my plane.

Pre-orders now showing June. I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully it comes sooner than June, but excited to watch some more of these videos and work on my plane.
I’m seeing progress in my driving accuracy as a result of working with this.

I’m seeing progress in my driving accuracy as a result of working with this.

That’s really where I’m needing the help. I’ve had a couple lessons a while back. But I have an old wrist injury, so the movement and flexibility in my right wrist is somewhat limited. My lessons tried to help, but I could never fully feel what the right plane should be, or how I could get my wrist to help me be there. Hopefully this is the tool to build that muscle memory.

That’s really where I’m needing the help. I’ve had a couple lessons a while back. But I have an old wrist injury, so the movement and flexibility in my right wrist is somewhat limited. My lessons tried to help, but I could never fully feel what the right plane should be, or how I could get my wrist to help me be there. Hopefully this is the tool to build that muscle memory.
Surprisingly I haven’t even used it attached to my driver. Just the fact that I am improving my backswing position, eliminating some flipping at impact, and better rotation has made my driving much more consistent.

Eric Cogorno released a video featuring Martin Chuck and using the PlaneMate. I think both of these guys are really good at explaining concepts in simple, understandable terms.

Thanks for sharing. Very good video, and overview.

woooooo hoooooo, finally got the email that mine that I bought on feb 3rd has been shipped. 🍺:p
Actually cannot wait to try it out and go through the protocols. I think I'm going to video myself so I can see if I'm doing it correct.

I have now been working through the protocols for a couple of months. I think there is real value in the training aid, but there is also real value in getting the protocols down. Like others have said, this is not a quick fix, but is a system/plan for improvement. I play to a 4 now, so have figured out how to get around the course OK, but wanted something to help me improve. I am much better at chip and pitch shots than I was before, and I think I have the feeling of shallowing the club better. But it’s been a little bit of a slow haul. However, I think it is improving my game slowly. Just don’t think you’ll buy this and drop strokes immediately. Great training tool if you are willing to put in the work. My two cents.

Back