Tour Striker Plane Mate

Received my Tour Striker PlaneMate yesterday. I won't be doing TS's protocols. At least not right now. I'm still in off-season training with True Motion Golf and will be using the TS as an adjunct to their training regimen.

I have poor body position awareness (proprioception). Thus repetition, correct repetition, it vitally necessary for me to become adept at something like the golf swing. I think the PM will help me get there, and I think it's going to help me right out of the gate.

True Motion teaches micro-moves. You get the micro-moves right, then you stack them atop other micro-moves to get a golf swing. So your mind and body, instead of trying to learn several things at one time, learns one thing at a time and learns to add that to other things. I just ran into my first speed bump: The take-away. My take-away flaws were impeding my ability to move forward. Enter the PM.

My right knee is bunged-up atm, so I'm having to suspend my training, but curiosity got the better of me, last night. I just had to see. So I reviewed the Day 1 TS PM protocol and gave just the take-away motion (P1 -> P2) a try. I'll have to get in front of the mirrors and video myself to be certain, but my initial impression is the PM's really going to help me get over my speed bump.

Recently saw some video from my coach that showed me how steep I am on my downswing.

been looking into this for awhile. Worth it? Seems like hefty price for some resistance bands. Any other plane shallowing devices people recommend?

Recently saw some video from my coach that showed me how steep I am on my downswing.

been looking into this for awhile. Worth it? Seems like hefty price for some resistance bands. Any other plane shallowing devices people recommend?

Your lower body. And it’s free.
Seriously though. Learn to transition with the lower body and let the arms drop. Shallow every time. I struggled with this and it’s still my go to drill. On the transition I sit into my left side squaring the hips and feel like the club head is resting on a wall behind me at the top. As I transition with the lower body I also feel like that club head is dragging on the wall behind me. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Your lower body. And it’s free.
Seriously though. Learn to transition with the lower body and let the arms drop. Shallow every time. I struggled with this and it’s still my go to drill. On the transition I sit into my left side squaring the hips and feel like the club head is resting on a wall behind me at the top. As I transition with the lower body I also feel like that club head is dragging on the wall behind me. This was the only thing that worked for me.

This is literally the drill my golf coach had me doing last week....

I think this idea is absolutely brilliant, and this is a move I need to learn again! I can remember back in the day, when we were all told that Sergio Garcia was "increasing his lag" into the downswing! Then someone decided to look at it from a different angle. It turned out that he was just "laying the club down" behind him as this device helps you to do. This is a move that I used to be able to do, and I need to learn it again!

I played my first round after using the PM for a little over a week. I really like what has been ingrained so far. Plenty of work to go, but it’s a device that I am looking forward to continue using. My iron trajectory was a little lower than normal, as I was focusing more on my turn and had much less turf interaction. Something to work on. But, shots had a consistent tight draw shape and felt like a lot less effort than my normal arm/handsy swing.

This is one training aid I’ve been eyeing heavily.I think posted that I play 10-12 rounds a year.And I try to go to the range once a week or every other week.For me it feels like I’m kinda a semi avid golfer.I’m looking for something I can use in my den this winter to really get my game going.I’ve heard great stuff about this item.Has anyone had long term success with this one ? Or have they given up on it

Well I acquired one of these thru eBay.The tour striker site is completely sold out :(.Really need something to get my swing manageable.I’ve been told my swing is like a jigsaw puzzle with many missing pieces.Just need to feel what a proper swing is supposed to be like.If this contraption doesn’t work..than I have no idea what to try

Well I acquired one of these thru eBay.The tour striker site is completely sold out :(.Really need something to get my swing manageable.I’ve been told my swing is like a jigsaw puzzle with many missing pieces.Just need to feel what a proper swing is supposed to be like.If this contraption doesn’t work..than I have no idea what to try
It definitely helped me. I break it out every offseason and will do so again. Follow the videos as I didn’t find it super intuitive.

I really have nothing to lose.This looks like the only “full swing” aid on the market.
Honestly, it’s great for getting the feel of pitches too.

I really have nothing to lose.This looks like the only “full swing” aid on the market.
I have one and I like it a lot. It's not a magic training aid but it does work and If you have struggled with a consistent slice this just might be the right training aid for you. I didn't really understand how to shallow the club in relation to the swing but the Planemate helped me feel it and understand what they wanted Vs what I was doing. 💡

It's not just for slicers, My chipping got noticeably better when I was using it consistently doing the 7 day protocol. It's more about building a repeatable swing and they build from the ground up in the 7 day protocol. seems silly at first but I found it to be helpful when ur a little out of whack.

It is not a Magic cure please I don't want to make it seem like it is. I don't think one exists or we would all be good golfers.

You can hit balls with it, You might get some funny looks on the range tho. :ROFLMAO:

I think the videos are really well done and easy to follow. I bought the planemate 2nd hand on here but I was able to register it and access all the videos without any issues at all.

I will say it's some of the best $ I have spent on a training aid.

These are just my thoughts and experiences using this training aid.

Last edited:

I am guessing he was a little off on the Best selling training aid claim.

After almost 2 weeks of drills with this.I took this to our range.Really feels like my clubface never turns over now.But I have to close the club face at the top of the backswing before the cable goes limp too shallow.If my hands turn over at all the cable goes over my hands.Really an eye opening feeling for me.The online instruction videos for this are fabulous.It was a great investment

After almost 2 weeks of drills with this.I took this to our range.Really feels like my clubface never turns over now.But I have to close the club face at the top of the backswing before the cable goes limp too shallow.If my hands turn over at all the cable goes over my hands.Really an eye opening feeling for me.The online instruction videos for this are fabulous.It was a great investment
Nice, Glad to hear you are liking it. It's a great tool.

After a few weeks I see some good and bad with this device.The good is the backswing and shallow it creates.The bad is the forward swing.It makes me feel like swinging way to the right with no body.Or maybe it’s just me

Back