Tour Striker Plane Mate

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Tour Striker is a golf training aid company dedicated to supporting coaches and helping players improve through the use of training aids, instructional content and now the Tour Striker PlaneMate.

The PlaneMate is a revolutionary product that uses resistance bands to connect the player to his or her club. The PlaneMate is designed to help players of all levels increase strength and flexibility while developing muscle memory of the key positions common to most high-level swings. With a sold-out exclusive early launch, the PlaneMate will be available August 15th.

The PlaneMate was invented by Martin Chuck, Founder of Tour Striker, and David Woods, Owner of Driven Golf.

"We are proud to have created a product that allows golfers to feel the positions of a world-class golf swing using the PlaneMate," said Woods.

The first thing I thought when seeing it was how many funny memes will be floating around with a picture of it in them!

On my radar as a training tool but just not sure the price will be justified.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have been following Tour Striker for a while. Martin has put out some great stuff and this looks interesting as well. He's definitely not just resting on his past success. And he uses all these things with his students which is cool because you see it in action on his Facebook and Instagram posts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Love the Tour Striker Pro 7 iron I have, use it often with a Swingyde added on to it as an all-in-one training club.

This looks interesting but looks like it might be a major PITA in use...not sure how I feel about something pulling against me in a swing. That said, I trust their products and R&D so I will absolutely be following along for the early reviews.

On my radar as a training tool but just not sure the price will be justified.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Looks like $162 on the Tourstriker.com site

Love the Tour Striker Pro 7 iron I have, use it often with a Swingyde added on to it as an all-in-one training club.

This looks interesting but looks like it might be a major PITA in use...not sure how I feel about something pulling against me in a swing. That said, I trust their products and R&D so I will absolutely be following along for the early reviews.

I always appreciate Martin Chuck’s teaching approach and like you said their training products are generally pretty helpful.

The videos (7 day protocol) on the site do a good job of explaining the product. Makes sense - just wish it was less $$.

I'll wait for Padraig Harrington to buy it

This is an interesting idea that will probably work for people who try it. That price isn't great but if it works then it might be a bargain. I'll be keeping my eye on this for sure.

Interesting concept. Once this is available for purchase I'll be interested in real world reviews.

Tour striker makes some helpful training aids I get a lot of use out of my smartball and power clicker. Those two items have helped me tremendously in my progress. I look forward to the reviews on this someday.

I can see myself getting this in the winter and using it to train in the off season

Looks interesting but his swing with the device in the video makes it look like he’s hitting a low punch shot. I wonder if the band restricts the follow through ?

Looks interesting but his swing with the device in the video makes it look like he’s hitting a low punch shot. I wonder if the band restricts the follow through ?

Unlikely. But, if you can’t get the motion right with a 9-3 position punch swing, then you for sure can’t get it right in a full swing.

I watched the TXG video last night of both Ian and Matt using this and might do some more digging in to the Tour Striker website to see if it is something I could be interested in trying out

Not normally one for training aids, but something about this has perked my interest

Anyone else been using it and have any feedback?

I’m only aware of one person with it. I’ll see if I can get a comment out of him.

Molten;n8900509 said:
I’m only aware of one person with it. I’ll see if I can get a comment out of him.

Cheers
I will also try and speak to my instructor to see if he knows of anyone (or if he has one at his facility)

I pre ordered one Wednesday sept 6th and it was suppose to ship on the 21st but I got an email saying it shipped yesterday the 7th and checked tracking and it’s going to arrive today the 8th and I didn’t even pay from priority shipping. That’s good service right there. I’ll let you know how I feel about it after I have had a chance to try it out. I bought it because I have several people that practice in my group that could use it for various issues. My dad is a scooper my buddy is a chicken winger, I have a little goat hump, another buddy flails the face wide open on his backswing and plays a 100yard slice. We shall see if I can get any of them to get serious with it.
I have been playing for 4 years and had two lessons. My handicap is hovering around 12 at this point. I tend to be a good striker of the ball but have a two way miss because I get a high handle at impact at times. I’m hoping using this all winter can help narrow my misses.

Okay I’m on day 4 of the protocols. So far so good. The first few days I was really questioning how valid this aid was. I even skipped ahead after completing my daily protocol just to see what was next and if it would really make a difference and didn’t think it would. After the fourth day though and taking some full swings without the training aid I can feel the move creeping into my swing and have way more confidence in future use of the aid.

I do do have a few issues with it but nothing that would keep me from buying it again. I’ll discuss them in a full review after I have had more time with it. My biggest issue is simply the protocols or lack there of. I mean am I supposed to use this think step one to seven every week repeating or just once and then use the last step occasionally when I get off track. There’s very little mention of the longer bands and simply a lack of extra exercises and training ect that could be there and would be very useful. This aid has tons of potential and for the 162$ price point I would expect to get more from it on the documentation/video side of things.

Will have some feedback tonight.

erock9174;n8616997 said:

That video I believe is with the short band which is only for pitching. I tried it todayand I think it could ingrain some quality basics to the swing that I think will progress as you get into the longer bands.

For those of us that have a more unconventional swing there could be some real growing pains, but if you stick with it.... think it would be worth it.

I have been dealing with a lot of hand/knee injuries this year and haven't played a single round of golf. I have however been using this trainer and the martins ball on a rope to give me something golf related to do. I've only hit soft foam balls into the wall but at least it's something. I've really shallowed out my swing with the plan mate, not sure where the ball will go once I hit one, but at least my swing will look cool.

Price is a bit steep for bungees and a belt, you could probably build one for $10, but you should support martin and his gadgets since they are all good.

Hi guys,

I got one of these a few days ago in the mail. I'll be doing a through review as well but for now I'll give my experience which is limited as the weather has been terrible and I'm also ashamed to take this to the range haha.

So far I've just been hitting practice balls inside with the starter band. I am relearning left handed this year due to a back injury and it's been really, really bad the last two months (the golf, not the back). I am working on having a turning swing instead of a bump/slide but I have found it very difficult to do.

My impressions after a few days of indoor use is very positive. I feel it's really going to help once I get to the range with it, but then again I've thought that before about swing ideas and been wrong. I am the perfect guy to test it on. I have barely been able to fly a 7i 90 yards, my PW is 70-75 yards. My swing is just a mess. If this can help me, then you know it's the real deal as it's been 2 months almost of just barely being able to hit the ball. I haven't hit a solid shot in weeks and weeks.

I'll try and get to the range tomorrow or the day after and I'll post my thoughts on hitting real balls then.

Day 2 of the protocol started off rather poorly... some words that rhyme with skanks. Took a few seconds, focused on the follow through and then went back to work and started hitting some really solid shots. Grabbed driver and hit a few (not with the plane mate on) and results were really good.

Will get back at it with day 3 tomorrow, but think starting each day with the planemate and the short band on getting to follow through position will be good to ingrain it going forward.

Looks interesting. I would certainly try it. I will try almost anything to improve.
I have been dabbling with the Tour striker smart ball and while different they seem to do the same type of thing. I will be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Back