Tour Striker Plane Mate

I just got into work today and my planemate has been delivered. Can't wait to get home and give it a go.

Make sure when you clip the "D" ring on the rail on the belt that you clip it coming in from the top side. Don't clip it on the rail from the bottom. Basically where the metal clasp is facing downward.

bought one... damn sold out until March 27th :mad: Hate having to wait...

I think this might be the 3rd time the Plane Mate as sold out? Crazy

I sent mine to @KCSmitty so he can at least give it a look. Looking forward to hearing from him in this thread

I have just been practicing with a wedge up in Minnesota this fall and winter going through the protocols. If my first two rounds are any indication, I'm pleased with the results. My iron shots seem crisper and Iv'e noticed on my chips I rotate my hips prior to swinging and my chipping has been fantastic. Two chip-ins and three others that were near misses. On full swings I have not noticed the hip rotation as much.
Look forward to the full swing protocols going forward to see if they can help with the driver. Although I. struck my Apex 4 hybrid very solid yesterday.

I sent mine to @KCSmitty so he can at least give it a look. Looking forward to hearing from him in this thread

I think maybe the 4th time now. Mine was ordered on the 3rd run & was supposed to be shipped by February 24.

I have just been practicing with a wedge up in Minnesota this fall and winter going through the protocols. If my first two rounds are any indication, I'm pleased with the results. My iron shots seem crisper and Iv'e noticed on my chips I rotate my hips prior to swinging and my chipping has been fantastic. Two chip-ins and three others that were near misses. On full swings I have not noticed the hip rotation as much.
Look forward to the full swing protocols going forward to see if they can help with the driver. Although I. struck my Apex 4 hybrid very solid yesterday.

Do you have the PlaneMate, or are you just using the protocols?

I have the the PlaneMate . The resistance on the band gives the feeling of "dropping in the slot." once you reach the end of the backswing. At least for me and when I start my downswing my hips start rotating while the club drops and lags behind.

Also when you receive yours, you can register it and get more advanced protocol videos.

Last edited:
I have had some tour striker stuff in past. Good org

More to come...

Nice work on those chips! Seems to be almost universal love for the PlaneMate for improving those short chips & pitches.

I have the the PlaneMate . The resistance on the band gives the feeling of "dropping in the slot." once you reach the end of the backswing. At least for me and when I start my downswing my hips start rotating while the club drops and lags behind.

Also when you receive yours, you can register it and get more advanced protocol videos.

Already registered. Just waiting to get it & then I'll start with protocol #1 & work my way through them.

At least for me and when I start my downswing my hips start rotating while the club drops and lags behind.

Iv mentioned it before, but the best way I can describe the feeling is when I get to the end of my back swing and get ready to start down swing, I feel like I have a big rake and I'm going to pull a huge pile of leaves through. Just leave it behind and use your hips and legs to pull it through. The ball just gets in the way. You will know if you yank it from the top and don't rotate.

Last edited:
Just got the email:

"Your Tour Striker Order Has Shipped."

Should arrive on Friday. Can't wait to try this out!

Just got the email:

Birdies on the way!

Iv mentioned it before, but the best way I can describe the feeling is when I get to the end of my back swing and get ready to start down swing, I feel like I have a big rake and I'm going to pull a huge pile of leaves through. Just leave it behind and use your hips and legs to pull it through. The ball just gets in the way. You will know if you yank it from the top and don't rotate.

I think between this and my new CBX2's. I've been chipping better than ever before.

I ordered mine January 22nd and is still showing as expected shipping date of February. Looking forward to working with it after hearing the great reviews on here.

Just got the email:

I wish I'd ordered sooner. Probably have a month or so before they'll ship to me.
I took a lesson yesterday, and this will help with exactly what I've been having problems with. My release sucks apparently.

I wish I'd ordered sooner. Probably have a month or so before they'll ship to me.
I took a lesson yesterday, and this will help with exactly what I've been having problems with. My release sucks apparently.

Me too. I knew after watching the TXG video I was going to get it but I screwed around

I’m so pissed right now. My PlaneMate arrived today - along with severe abdominal pain.

I talked with sposey013168 & it looks like I have a hiatal hernia or GERD or both. I’ve been pretty much doubled over in pain since 4 pm. Looks like trips to the doctor & hospital instead of workouts and range sessions are in the near future for me.

F****!!!!

I’m so pissed right now. My PlaneMate arrived today - along with severe abdominal pain.

I talked with sposey013168 & it looks like I have a hiatal hernia or GERD or both. I’ve been pretty much doubled over in pain since 4 pm. Looks like trips to the doctor & hospital instead of workouts and range sessions are in the near future for me.

F****!!!!

Hope you feel better soon I look forward to your posts and your progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Just a temporary setback, but the timing hurts. I might try it on the high school teams - they are practicing with the head coach indoors on Sundays for the next few weeks

What a marketing blunder to not have more of these available.

I don’t think it was that. Martin Chuck runs Tour Striker and has made lots of teaching/training devices in the past. I think they expected the usual demand for this one or even a little higher. But when other teaching pros started posting all their love for this, and then when Rory posted himself using it on Instagram, demand exploded.

Remember that this is essentially a sideline business for both inventors; their main job is teaching pro.

It would be hard to anticipate that much demand. I also wonder if the coronavirus affected their supply line.

Here's a YouTube lesson Martin did with one of his students

Back