Tour Striker Smart Ball

Crapgame

Reaction score
Anyone try this or have any thoughts on it? Occasionally I'll have my right elbow feel like it is flaring out (thanks baseball), so it seems like it could correct that more permanently.

Here's a review

Here's a better video

One of the best aids i have. I fight the elbow issue also and this helps! I probably should use it more lol

I use the blue and yellow ball with slots -- you fit it between your elbows.

Crown Royal bag. Roll up a face towel or two, stick inside, draw string adjusts to length around your neck, doubles as a bag to place your golf balls in your golf bag pocket.

Probably the most over-priced swing aide out there. No opinion on how well it works (seems to), but at $45 for a beach ball with a lanyard, I can't do it.

Probably the most over-priced swing aide out there. No opinion on how well it works (seems to), but at $45 for a beach ball with a lanyard, I can't do it.
knock offs are $15 on ebay.

knock offs are $15 on ebay.
Exactly. And this isn't something where the original is significantly better than the knockoff.

If you lack flexibility, its very tough

It's full of hot air - literally. (albeit, very convenient and portable). As for price/value; I can understand that there are i nherit costs associated with product development, marketing, distribution. patents, e.t.c. This product does have a very professional, groomed, detailed appearance-simple that it may be.

Bought an infant toy basketball for $1.88 at WalMart. Already had a small hook on it for the lanyard. It might be a 1/2 inch smaller in diameter than the Smart Ball but it does the same thing.

Attachments

• 9AF5FF8C-8A87-4C4B-A232-ECD0A4757673.jpeg
    9AF5FF8C-8A87-4C4B-A232-ECD0A4757673.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 25
Welp, I decided to pick one of these up after watching a few videos online. It's something I know I have needed to work on anyhow. And, it looks like it will be pretty easy to work on indoors each day. Can hit chip shots and such in my basement. Will report back after it arrives and I have a chance to try it out.

Welp, I decided to pick one of these up after watching a few videos online. It's something I know I have needed to work on anyhow. And, it looks like it will be pretty easy to work on indoors each day. Can hit chip shots and such in my basement. Will report back after it arrives and I have a chance to try it out.
don't forget Tourstriker.com has a web site chock full of free videos, many featuring the Tour Striker Smart ball. Deflates to fit in a pocket in your golf bag. I made a video with a home made one that I called The Hacker Sack but it is kinda goofy. It's probably under Hacker James Golf on You Tube (and on this site if you want to waste time looking for it).

actually, under James Hunt Golf on You Tube for more access and to add to my humiliation. There are a couple that are not so bad though. Two with music as I was fooling around editing you tube videos. I learned how to join video clips with transitions e.t.c.

Probably the most over-priced swing aide out there.
Indeed. Would love to try it, but not a chance in hell I'll pay what they want for it. $15: Yeah. $25: Maybe. But $45? I mean no offense to the members who've bought one, but at that price, for what it is, all I can think of is "A fool and his money..." :ROFLMAO: Plus the Amazon reviews relating to quality are less than glowing.

Last edited:
It’s great...check out our site to buy one. 😉

This bad boy showed up yesterday. Did some chipping in the basement and some 9-3 swings (not hitting a ball).

My initial reaction is that I can definitely feel the difference in delivery. I have a tendency to dip my right elbow and shoulder and getting the club way under plane. To deliver a square face and keep the ball in place you simply cannot do that. I think this could be a great tool to try and ingrain a better move into my subconscious. Feels a lot more like my swing from a couple years back.

Next, I'm hoping to pick up a mat and net for my garage. 9-3 swings while hitting a ball would be even better.

Color me impressed so far. Such a simple concept. I am not saying some of the knock offs that you can get for $15 wouldn't be just as good.

20201029_212906.jpg

This bad boy showed up yesterday. Did some chipping in the basement and some 9-3 swings (not hitting a ball).

My initial reaction is that I can definitely feel the difference in delivery. I have a tendency to dip my right elbow and shoulder and getting the club way under plane. To deliver a square face and keep the ball in place you simply cannot do that. I think this could be a great tool to try and ingrain a better move into my subconscious. Feels a lot more like my swing from a couple years back.

Next, I'm hoping to pick up a mat and net for my garage. 9-3 swings while hitting a ball would be even better.

Color me impressed so far. Such a simple concept. I am not saying some of the knock offs that you can get for $15 wouldn't be just as good.

View attachment 8971690

you are making me want this in a bad way. my chipping motion is so disconnected, to the point that in a recent lesson the feel my instructor gave me was to imagine i was actually using this device. if a less expensive option is just as good, i may go ahead and get one.

you are making me want this in a bad way. my chipping motion is so disconnected, to the point that in a recent lesson the feel my instructor gave me was to imagine i was actually using this device. if a less expensive option is just as good, i may go ahead and get one.
I bet your instructor has seen or even used this device before. I would be really interested to hear what he thought of it. I have seen PGA pros using it. Rose, Kaymer, Villegas. I am sure there are others. They're just the ones I noticed in videos I watched this morning.

after watching TXG review this I think id rather have the smart ball than my Planemate....planemate works but id rather have the simplicity of the smart ball

I wonder if the Smart Ball works any better than this: IZZO Golf Smooth Swing, Blue, Large (20325)

I have one of those. I only had to use it a few times and I think it cured my trailing arm chicken wing permanently. I say this because I've since reviewed myself when I happened to have been practicing w/in view of our home surveillance system cameras and, at the range, I've occasionally paused my back-swing and checked that arm.

Some of y'all are making me think about this, but I'm still having trouble with $45 for a stupid small ball on a tether that, according to the Amazon reviews, isn't very securely attached.

I wonder if the Smart Ball works any better than this: IZZO Golf Smooth Swing, Blue, Large (20325)

I have one of those. I only had to use it a few times and I think it cured my trailing arm chicken wing permanently. I say this because I've since reviewed myself when I happened to have been practicing w/in view of our home surveillance system cameras and, at the range, I've occasionally paused my back-swing and checked that arm.

Some of y'all are making me think about this, but I'm still having trouble with $45 for a stupid small ball on a tether that, according to the Amazon reviews, isn't very securely attached.
Amazon has countless knock offs that seem to essentially be the same thing. If this one breaks, I will just buy one of the $15 versions.

Instinctively, it seems like a good concept. And, yeah: I know about the knock-offs. But knock-offs tend to be of lesser quality. E.g.: The Orange Whip vs. the SKLZ and other knock-offs. You don't hear about OWs coming apart while being swung. Conversely: When I wanted suspension trainers I found an alternative to the expensive TRX products that many people felt was actually superior in form, fit, and function at less than half the price. (Unfortunately, it seems they were infringing on TRX' patents and were sued out of business. If I'd known they were infringing on TRX' patents I wouldn't have gone with them.) I also have no complaints about the TailorMade clone clubs I was gifted.

Back