Tournament Fishing

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bass fishing has been my long time hobby. Golf seemed like a good thing to get in to so here I am. Still competing in bass tournaments but most of my free time is now closer to home on the golf course. We also have some fish and sticks events so it made sense.

Attachments

• DA74C8A9-30C6-4784-AD5C-06CB63C8DAEC.jpeg
    DA74C8A9-30C6-4784-AD5C-06CB63C8DAEC.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 15
Bass fishing has been my long time hobby. Golf seemed like a good thing to get in to so here I am. Still competing in bass tournaments but most of my free time is now closer to home on the golf course. We also have some fish and sticks events so it made sense.
That is awesome!

I've done a ton a bass fishing in eastern NC & south Florida. Ironically, both are brackish water.

I've gone after Smallies (footballs) up in the Boundary Waters a few times and once for the Bass in Table Rock Lake for 3 days.

No tournaments though, just doing it for fun. I will tell you, there are some big ones in south Florida out near the Everglades.

That is awesome!

I've done a ton a bass fishing in eastern NC & south Florida. Ironically, both are brackish water.

I've gone after Smallies (footballs) up in the Boundary Waters a few times and once for the Bass in Table Rock Lake for 3 days.

No tournaments though, just doing it for fun. I will tell you, there are some big ones in south Florida out near the Everglades.
Oddly enough I’ve been to Florida, however at the time it was for water skiing not golf or fishing. Actually looking at a possible golf/Disney vacation. My wife doesn’t golf so I’d play early then take her to Disney.

I was involved tournament fishing from 1990 to 2008. Health issues and the economy shut it down, but I loved it!6A08F802-3550-482E-AE42-D500C16A5C41.jpeg

CAB06E0C-0120-420C-BC3A-1BF4033D77CC.jpeg

Oddly enough I’ve been to Florida, however at the time it was for water skiing not golf or fishing. Actually looking at a possible golf/Disney vacation. My wife doesn’t golf so I’d play early then take her to Disney.
This is what you are missing... Watch this! This is what we did for years down there... Capt Shane knows where to go.

This is what you are missing... Watch this! This is what we did for years down there... Capt Shane knows where to go.

I’ve seen him before.

I’ve seen him before.

I also fish Lake Michigan for Salmon.
vYy7xIe.jpg

A typical Boundary Waters Wally from June...
XzNLJhL.jpg

Got into the Bluegills last June...
JLRqJLL.jpg

Then hit the Crappie once a year... that one is 16".
hwFB4m7.jpg

Not a tournament today but had a solid first day on my new boat, caught like this one all around 17 inches and 3 lbs.

Attachments

• D3C49CD6-0520-4595-856F-4C9FCF85C34C.jpeg
    D3C49CD6-0520-4595-856F-4C9FCF85C34C.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 6
  • D1779EA2-C6CE-4D43-8D36-7E7ABF873F28.jpeg
    D1779EA2-C6CE-4D43-8D36-7E7ABF873F28.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 6
Not a tournament today but had a solid first day on my new boat, caught like this one all around 17 inches and 3 lbs.
Happy new boat!! What a beauty.

Nice new rig. Sounds like a great day to me. Enjoy.

“Fish and sticks events”
When ever I hear about these sorts of things I think how fun! We have hook, gun and club here. Fish and shoot trap one day, second day golf. I’ve never done it..

I've done Sneaks & Cleats (tennis and golf) tournaments, but I'd LOVE to do a fish and golf event! Texas would be perfect for that in fact.

We've been talking about this for years. They do happen and can be a lot of fun. I know there was also fish and poker tournaments.

Back