Town names that make you giggle.

There's a town in Wisconsin named Pound.

Embarrass Wisconsin

Er………………
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/*******-austria

LOL, I can’t even post the link

let’s try here. 18 and over only LOL

NOrmal, il

Middlesex, NJ

Middlesex Township, PA - a town nearby used to be called Farview but the name was later changed to Drytown supposedly because the residents refused to give the Confederate soldiers water as they were passing through.

There is a name of a place located about 15 miles from me that wouldn't be kosher in today's climate. The name is on a couple of old state geographical maps but I don't see it listed on the newer ones. It would be a long vacation for me by naming it. :eek:

High Point, NC, located between Horneytown and Climax.

Ladies... welcome to Dildo Newfoundland. Enjoy your stay. ;)

1623494873735.png

My home state of Kentucky is full of them. Monkeys Eyebrow
Possum Trot
Waddy
Viper
Big Bone Lick

There's a couple of Gobblers Knobs in the US. Mt Buggery in Victoria Australia and Nowhere Else in Tasmania.

NJ has a town called buttzville...

fort dix occasionally tries to run some night covert ops there but gets swatted away

;)

Not particularly funny, but always used to see the sign for this on vacation on my drive between LA and Vegas. WTF is this all about?!?!
View attachment 9012672
Ive actually been there. Place is loaded with natural history.

Some guy (Springer?) changed the name from Soda Springs to Zzyzx. (1940s)

Word is his reasoning was he wanted it to be the last word in the dictionary. I can't verify that. Its what the resident caretaker told us when we were there.

I think it's now a study center run by the nps.

Pink
Slapout
Hooker (school mascot is the Horny Toads)
Bushyhead
Rubottom
Cookietown
Bugtussle
Slick
Bowlegs
Bugtussle
Loco

All Oklahoma towns.

We have a town in Kansas called Peabody. I wish they would paint Sherman on the watertower.

Cockeysville, MD. Not really funny, but juvenile enough.

Peculiar, Missouri is the next town south of us. Also, near Truman Lake where we keep a boat is Tightwad and Racket, Missouri.

Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! Quebec... no it's not a joke. :ROFLMAO:

Rooty hill Sydney Australia

Iron knob South Australia

Poowong Victoria

Belchertown MA, always have to burp on the way through.

Whynot, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Bat Cave, Lizard Lick, Boogertown, Horneytown, Toast, Meat Camp, Loafers Glory, Climax all towns in NC. Climax’s town motto, I kid you not, is “where friends come together!”:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We had a kid in town from Kill Devil Hills. He gave me his ID and I asked him for his real one, 🤣

I was only half kidding. IIRC ya’lls drivers licenses are good forever (10ish years).

Driving thru Missouri yesterday:

Knob Nobster

Back