Town names that make you giggle.

There are lots in PA that have already been touched upon in this thread, but Shartlesville is my personal favorite :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Recent concert we had in the area saw a LOT of jokes upon that subject from the Florida based band!

There's a town up here called Neversink. It sunk. Or at least parts of it sunk.

1623675647615.png

3 hours southwest of me is Walla Walla, Washington.

Ohio FTW ...

1623682908333.png

Cut and Shoot TX, north of Houston.
Gun Barrel City TX, south of Dallas
Ding Dong Tx, hour north of Austin.

We had a kid in town from Kill Devil Hills. He gave me his ID and I asked him for his real one, 🤣

I was only half kidding. IIRC ya’lls drivers licenses are good forever (10ish years).

Kill Devil Hills is the home of the monster truck Grave Digger.

Not particularly funny, but always used to see the sign for this on vacation on my drive between LA and Vegas. WTF is this all about?!?!
View attachment 9012672
I love Zzyzx Road!

I think I read one time that the road was named for Zzyzx corporation, which owned the land that the road goes to. Or something like that.

If you read Harry Bosch novels, there's one where they discover some bodies buried off Zzyzx Rd.

Edit: Well, I was kinda right. From wiki:

Curtis Howe Springer made up the name Zzyzx and gave it to the area in 1944, claiming it to be the last word in the English language.[2][3] He established the Zzyzx Mineral Springs and Health Spa in 1944 at the spot, which was federal land, after filing mining claims for 12,000 acres (4,900 ha) surrounding the springs. He used the springs to bottle his water and provide drinks for travelers through the hot desert. Springer also imported animals from around the country to attract more families to visit his ranch. He used Zzyzx until 1974 when the land was reclaimed by the government.[4]

Whynot, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Bat Cave, Lizard Lick, Boogertown, Horneytown, Toast, Meat Camp, Loafers Glory, Climax all towns in NC. Climax’s town motto, I kid you not, is “where friends come together!”:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was going to say Bat Cave!
Also in NC
fuquay varina
Duck
Barbecue Township
Erect
Horneytown
Meat Camp
Tick Bite

SC has Ketchuptown

1623694807769.png

We always get the joke of "there should be a town inbetween the two called Bologna" ..... Plano Bologna Sandwich

There is a village near Maidstone in Kent called Loose. Their Woman’s Institute is famous.

Not far from our home near Brainerd, MN there are the towns of Motley, Pillager, and Staples. Some other strange MN town names: Climax, Embarrass, Good Thunder, Sleepy Eye, Little Canada, and Nimrod.

In my old sales territory in Northern California I had the towns of Angels Camp, Cool, Paradise, and Happy Valley.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.47.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.47.35 PM.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 1
You NC guys are killing me without Morehead City.
I can see that, but its a common last name but a little chuckle not as cool as Bat Cave or Kill Devil Hills though.

Back