Maric

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My local PGASS was offering free TPI (Titlist Performance Institute) screenings so I thought I would check it out. Basically they test physical characteristics that could effect your swing. There are about 10 different tests that include pelvic twists, squats, balancing, shoulder and wrist and neck rotation. You can then give the results to your instructor who can help you adjust your swing to meet your physical limitations. The screening took about 20 minutes. My results were pretty accurate (tight hips limiting rotation, lousy balance). Their site mytpi.com) also has additional exercises that can strengthen muscles and/or increase flexibility. I'll be giving my results to my Pilates instructor (she has a degree in sports medicine) to see what she thinks of them and design a program around them.

My instructor is TPI Certified but I have never had an official screening with him, so I will be interested to see how it works out for you

He has worked around my back issues as he already knew about them, so my swing is a lot less stressful than it used to be years ago with the changes he has made

Where can you get these screenings?

Back