Cobra adapter time! Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Just got a report that another shaft broke at the Honda on the range. Three in play, but Pampling broke another one.
Im not sure why its a fascinating story, but to me its because of the early on issues, that we were told were fixed.

I have a call into them now to see if he is playing an older shaft, although I think its his 2nd or 3rd break.

Just got a report that another shaft broke at the Honda on the range. Three in play, but Pampling broke another one.
Im not sure why its a fascinating story, but to me its because of the early on issues, that we were told were fixed.

I have a call into them now to see if he is playing an older shaft, although I think its his 2nd or 3rd break.

Durability is still an issue they are working through. But then, I've heard of other company's shafts breaking, but for some reason, the story doesn't get out there.

But I do hear that Callaway is interested in putting them in their Pro's bags due to the success of one of their Pros with the shaft.

Durability is still an issue they are working through. But then, I've heard of other company's shafts breaking, but for some reason, the story doesn't get out there.

But I do hear that Callaway is interested in putting them in their Pro's bags due to the success of one of their Pros with the shaft.

I think if you look back at our reporting it sure does. We were the first to discuss the Aldila Rogue issues when they came up.
We went right to PX directly when their was a report of HZRDUS Yellows having issues (turned out to be false).
Percentages certainly play a role as does "newness". New company comes along and says we are revolutionizing the product category, and has an issue early on it gets reported. Company then says issue is behind them, so when breakage continues, its going to get reported.

I think if you look back at our reporting it sure does. We were the first to discuss the Aldila Rogue issues when they came up.
We went right to PX directly when their was a report of HZRDUS Yellows having issues (turned out to be false).
Percentages certainly play a role as does "newness". New company comes along and says we are revolutionizing the product category, and has an issue early on it gets reported. Company then says issue is behind them, so when breakage continues, its going to get reported.

Of course, I was not talking about your reporting. But talking with a fitter, they are still working on the durability issues. The Senden thing was human error, they were not supposted to put that shaft out there; they have redesigned the shaft and it's possible they thought durability was managed. But you never know until you know. Some of these people are beasts.

Last edited:
On a level of 1 to 1,000 my happiness to have this shaft back in my driver is about a 2,732.

My #1 played it all season in his F8, I waited until his season was over to fit him into his F9...and reclaim my TPT. Hahaha

TM adapter installed. **** is about to get real again.

I figured this would get bumped based on Rose’s shaft. Turns out it was Jman excitement

I figured this would get bumped based on Rose’s shaft. Turns out it was Jman excitement

Hahaha, mine STILL hasn’t broken!

Hahaha, mine STILL hasn’t broken!

Guess you aren’t swinging hard enough lol. Or maybe it’s just too perfect for your swing so it can’t break.

I liked the picture

WEB2694112-71469479-6126-E25B-B40B-E78A0474DE25.jpg

If I am not mistaken Mark Leishman had a TPT shaft break on him in competition under the grip. I have also heard that Justin Rose has his TPT shafts on a "pitch count" for swings which raises my concerns about long term durability on a shaft of that price point.

Last edited:
These are interesting shafts . I am older with a moderate swing speed - 99-102 - and I fit into the 15. I didn’t know what it was - I was blinded to brand and flex when I was fitted - but longer and very tight dispersion for me . I tried “similar flex and weight” shafts in the other brands available- actually hit those before the TPT , and they didn’t perform anywhere close for my swing . I was beyond 90 balls into the fitting at that point Too. Great fitter with loads of experience

I've been trying to dig into these shafts some more after getting to hit one at club champion this week. Have there been any breaking issues seen or heard recently? I really liked the feel of the shaft but really don't want to drop that much coin if I'm going to have to deal with returns and exchanges.

I've been trying to dig into these shafts some more after getting to hit one at club champion this week. Have there been any breaking issues seen or heard recently? I really liked the feel of the shaft but really don't want to drop that much coin if I'm going to have to deal with returns and exchanges.
Mine has thousands of swings on it and no breakage.

But I do know the company has changed a lot as it pertains to the construction of the shafts and such. There were legit issues.

The original I’ve got was a damn good shaft though.

I was glad to see my friend Jeff Meyer take the helm w/ TPT. He's a good guy and engineer. They approached me first and we started working together...then my health issues intervened. They're in good hands re their breakage issues.
Robin

I've had my second 17 series TPT shaft for over 2 yr now. My original was an original and it did break. My usual SS is about 90-92. Need to hit the weights like Bryson.

TPT is coming out with new protos and a new logo - I hit a 20 series, which is very light, and my instructor told me to go after it - hit over 95 mph with a really light shaft and it felt great.

I haven't kept up with them but I saw iron and wood shaft protos designed with less torque. We will see. I will update as I learn.

it seems like they lost all their steam with the break concerns. any idea whether their sales have been good?

it seems like they lost all their steam with the break concerns. any idea whether their sales have been good?

Luke Donald put it in play a month or so ago. That shaft transformed my game, so I have no complaints.

The new graphics look pretty killer.

Its nice to hear that the breaking issues may have been worked out. I really did like the feel of the 15 series. It was really stable without feeling "boardy" as they say. I'll post some numbers from my fitting next week and see how it compares with some other shafts.

I would love to try one of these shafts and it seems they have address the original issues with breakage. Personally I have never seen a TPT shaft in person and the breakage could have been very overblown. But, with these shafts being on the high end of the spectrum for cost. I am 100% nervous about forking over the cash.

Back