Trackman numbers help

jnordwell

Reaction score
Handicap
Good morning I am getting me a new set of irons.. and have been to some free fitting things at local store.. need some help with the numbers.
Club speeds. 81.9-83.5
Ball speeds 105.9-111.5
Launch. 19.1-21.3
Spin 5088-6027

The spin I've read is low for a 7 iron however a majority of the shots and the heads are north of 88 ft in height. So the angle down was 46-49 degrees.. should I be concerned with spin??

Here is the 3 clubs in the running and there numbers.

Cobra forge tech x $ taper lite stiff
83.2 swing. 110.3 ball. 20.1 launch
159.4 total. 91 ft ht 5835 rpm

Mizuno hotmetal DG s300
82.5 swing 111.3 ball. 21.3 launch
162.2 total. 98 ft. 5662 rpm

Hotmetal pro. Project x lz
83.6 swing. 111.5 ball. 19.7 launch
161.2 total. 91 ft. 6059 rpm.

Seeing these what should I be looking for?? Thank you everyone and sorry for the long post..

Thats pretty typical for those lofts. I wouldnt be too concerned with stopping power on most shots, you could always play a higher spinning ball to help some. The area id be concerned with would be catching a flyer every now and then. I think the hotmetal pro has the best set of numbers that you provided.

I’d be looking at consistency and the difference between carry and total distance. If I’m doing a quick check I’m looking at the results more than the ball data. Spin in modern irons are normally lower than the 1k x iron number rule of thumb. Landing angle can make up for the spin. I like as steep as possible in my irons for when I play those firm and fast courses. I’d see if the Hotmetal or Forge Tech can bump those spin and landing angle numbers a little with Project X LZ shafts.

Screenshot_20220924-085004_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-085017_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-085222_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-085232_Chrome.jpg

Here is the 2 shaft and the pro and standard head numbers.. never did trackman before so I'm like a kid on Christmas looking at the numbers.. don't know what I'm looking for but..

Screenshot_20220924-085741_Chrome.jpg

Cobra tech x numbers.. same items

Just 5 shots so small sample size, but the carry and spin consistency with the Hot Metal DG/S300 combo is pretty solid. I get that it's the lowest spinning but at that apex and land angle it's sufficient to stick any green.

Last edited:
Just 5 shots, so small sample size, but the carry and spin consistency with the Hot Metals DG/S300 is pretty solid.
It was a free type fitting event.. so I was just getting info to help narrow it down some.

Mizuno's look best IMO. Better launch angle, ball speed and efficency. Slightly lower spin is offset by what I assume will be better descent angles.

All shots used tp5

Just 5 shots so small sample size, but the carry and spin consistency with the Hot Metal DG/S300 combo is pretty solid. I get that it's the lowest spinning but at that apex and land angle it's sufficient to stick any green.
This.

It looks like you hit this head and shaft combo the best and the numbers are good. Lowest spinning but highest landing angle. Really good consistency and no shots that I’d throw away. 5 good shots in a row without taking any out is something else I look at for how I react to the combo.

Back