Traditional PW and SW

not loft kinda hard to explain
Angle from front to back or back to front away from the shaft

hope that helps
That's the lie angle, different angle due to length of shaft.

Are they really just 10 and 11 irons?

a nine has a little more loft than an 8

a PW has a little more loft than a nine

a SW has a little more loft than a PW

call them 10 and 11 irons

I saw a teaching lesson from AP and he called a sand wedge a sand iron!

Just wondering? Any experts around?
10 iron, 11 iron 12 iron 13 iron what does it matter?

the real question….

Is a 3w really a 2w if your top club is a 1 wood

Last edited:
Honma calls it a 10 irons so sure.. you can call it schaumpuffer if you wanted to..

Though I try to still sequence my clubs by number, I am more concerned with matching them up by loft. My PW is 45°, then I go 50°-56° and that’s it. If I were to switch it up maybe I’d go 52° and 58°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 iron, 11 iron 12 iron 13 iron what does it matter?

the real question….

Is a 3w really a 2w if your top club is a 1 wood
Logic and Golf never seem to meet, the usga has not used it for more than a century

he is right and he is right? They can’t both be right! You know something you also are right! FOTR

not loft kinda hard to explain
Angle from front to back or back to front away from the shaft

hope that helps
Is it, bounce ? Being referred too by accident ?

Logic and Golf never seem to meet, the usga has not used it for more than a century

he is right and he is right? They can’t both be right! You know something you also are right! FOTR
Like kids in a race or competition, no ones a loser ‘everyone’s a winner ‘ hot chocolate 👍⛳🏆

I would say they were different traditionally because of the way they were used. A PW and SW was never meant to be a full swing club and was more meant to be used around the green.
That was before lofts started getting jacked and you needed to carry 7 wedges in your bag. If youre used to playing a modern PW that is 43 or 45 degrees of loft, playing one with 47 or 49 degrees is a whole different ballgame. Yet another reason why loft jacking can often not be a good thing.

I pitch with the p but also a 7 or 9
Chipping only a 4 or 6 or 8 depending on the distance lowest possible rolling soon as possible old school, I don’t even own any high loft wedges
Well put! FOTR

Looks like fireworks are early this year!

As soon as I say fireworks their all making bogeys

I think it depends on the set. My current irons (Cleveland Launcher UHX) are 5-G. The pitching and gap wedges look and play like extensions of the iron set. They’re the same cavity back design, and I notice no difference in the way they play from the 9 iron.
My previous set (Cobra F7 One Length) featured a gap wedge that was much more like a “real” wedge. I never had much success with that club.

Back