Good luck to all our members in Hawaii and if we have any in Japan or anywhere else in the path. I have family in Hawaii but seems like all is OK at the moment.

I just heard on WGN Chicago that they have given the all clear for the US mainland. I hope this is correct.

Wow it is weird first finding out about news on world events on THP. This is terrible I need to call my dad as he lived in japan for a few years. I am praying for the good people of Japan.

I'm chatting with a friend in Japan right now via FB. She works in Tokyo and lives north of there. The worst thing they are dealing with near her is the high speed rail has been shut down and they are having to walk every where. Four hour round trip for her to work! Further north in Japan is a different story of course!

Just saw a warning that they are telling everyone here on the Oregon coast to evacuate.

Yes definitely thoughts and prayers to all those in Japan. Watched video from BBC and CNN amazing force that water!!

Thoughts and prayers to Japan. I have lots of family in Taiwan and My first thoughts were for their safety. Luckily the Earthquake's damage was minimal for them and Tsunami warnings never came to be.

Our prayers and thoughts also go out to those in Japan and anyone affected by this tragedy. Earthquakes scare the heck out of me, so these stories are esp frightening (never mind that I live and grew up here in LA).

I just heard on WGN Chicago that they have given the all clear for the US mainland. I hope this is correct.

Sorry, but I've been out of the loop for a few hours for a work meeting. Just got home and see that there is indeed still a warning for the US west coast. I hope it passes soon. WOW. The videos are just not to be believed. Very sad.

I just heard that it created a 150 mile crack in the ocean. Wow that seems huge to me.

My hopes and prayers go out to all who have been effected here and hope this destruction is ended.

The video of the flooding in Japan is just shocking. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone effected by this disaster.

This nuclear reactor is scaring me.

Very, Very Sad! one of the worst disasters ever. I wish Japan the best..

everyone that i know is accounted for an okay... thank goodness
i know my buddies on the islands and the west coast probably went surfing... crazy nuts

the reefs at diamond head became completely exposed due to the receding water... in all my life ive never seen that happen
i thought for sure something would hit but from what my friends tell me the only problems they had in hawaii is the harbors and the boats docked in them got thrashed

I lived in Japan fron 2005-2009. I just watched a video of live disaster footage from a convenience store that i used to frequent. It was a wierd feeling. Hope all the people I know that are still ther are ok.

This thing is going to take days, weeks and months to unfold. It just keeps looking worse all the time, although they are starting to report the numbers of people being found alive and being rescued. Like I heard them point out today, they really have gone through three major catastrophe's, the earthquake, tsunami and the failure's at the nuclear plants. Any single event would be huge anywhere in the world and they have suffered all three.

This thing is going to take days, weeks and months to unfold. It just keeps looking worse all the time, although they are starting to report the numbers of people being found alive and being rescued. Like I heard them point out today, they really have gone through three major catastrophe's, the earthquake, tsunami and the failure's at the nuclear plants. Any single event would be huge anywhere in the world and they have suffered all three.

IMO, by the time its all said and done we will be talking tens of thousands of deaths. Ive seen some of the estimates thus far and it looks like they are greatly underestmating the loss of human life.
Yesterday I was at the golf show talking to one of the Mizuno reps from Japan and you could tell how upset he was and how his mind really wasnt on golf. I told him that a lot of us were thinking about the people of Japan and hoping/praying for the best.
Ive donated what I could afford to the Red Cross and I strongly urge everyone else to give what they can.

IMO, by the time its all said and done we will be talking tens of thousands of deaths. Ive seen some of the estimates thus far and it looks like they are greatly underestmating the loss of human life.
Yesterday I was at the golf show talking to one of the Mizuno reps from Japan and you could tell how upset he was and how his mind really wasnt on golf. I told him that a lot of us were thinking about the people of Japan and hoping/praying for the best.
Ive donated what I could afford to the Red Cross and I strongly urge everyone else to give what they can.

A Red Cross Official from Japan announced earlier today that this is the greatest natural disaster they have ever expeirienced.

At least this will create a bunch of jobs and boost the Japanese economy a little bit. I think they need to reevaluate their immigration laws as well after this fiasco.

From the iPhone.

A Red Cross Official from Japan announced earlier today that this is the greatest natural disaster they have ever expeirienced.
No doubt. Hopefully the rest of the world will rally to the cause and help them rebuild.
At least this will create a bunch of jobs and boost the Japanese economy a little bit. I think they need to reevaluate their immigration laws as well after this fiasco.

From the iPhone.
Its also caused the price of oil to drop, so gas prices have come down a little. Id definetly be willing to pay a bit more for gas in exchange for the lives of all those people thought.

I just heard they evacuated the Fujikura plant due to radiation. Sounds like this is going to be very bad for Fujikura due to all premium shafts like Speeder and Rombax come from this plant.

Back