Training Aid - Maintaining a straight lead arm?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

I have a nasty habit of breaking my lead arm on the down swing and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good training aid to support keeping the lead arm straight?

I've done the google thing and found some, but just curious if THPers have a preference etc.

Thanks!
D

Smart Ball. OTOH, at a 2 handicap, not something I would worry about. Calvin Peet did okay with a permanently bent arm.

you break the leading arm in the downswing or backswing? do you have a video?

Smart Ball. OTOH, at a 2 handicap, not something I would worry about. Calvin Peet did okay with a permanently bent arm.

Calvin Peete's arm bend didn't change though. If your arm shortens on the downswing it becomes a bigger issue.

Does anyone lock their lead elbow? Or is it relaxed but straight (unlocked)

Yeah, I get by with the bend no doubt, but I think I could be more consistent without it. Always looking to get better....

you break the leading arm in the downswing or backswing? do you have a video?
Downswing. I'm afraid to incur the wrath of the interwebs....

Watching my swing on video is a bit horrifying, but I do manage my ball around the course believe it or not.

Having issues trying to upload a video...

I've used something like this in my prior lessons. It helps keep it extended but its not so tight that you can't flex your elbow a small bit.

Back