2024 Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Children
IMG_20180314_202203_065.jpgIMG_20180314_202203_054.jpg
https://ibb.co/kQ670S

https://ibb.co/hfZufS
Probably the most thrifty bag you will find here. Almost every club was bought used from everything from golf stores to garage sales to goodwill. Would love to have the new stuff but trying to make golf affordable while starting a family. My next purchase is either or a new driver or saving up for irons.
Sun Mountain Bag - 5 dollars at a garage sale
Taylormade AeroBurner driver - 25 dollars with a Lynx golf bag off craigslist
Adams Tight Lies 3 wood - 20 dollars brand new with plastic still on it at a garage sale
Taylormade Jetspeed 19 degree 3 Hybrid - 15 dollars at the local play it again
Irons - Have had these since middle school, my dad found them on sale at wal mart I have learned how to hit them
Titleist Vokey wedges (52,54,56) - Two of these (SM4's) were bought from golf stores at about 25 each (52,56) the third one (54) is the non SM version and was found at goodwill for two dollars
Cleveland VP5 putter - this was found at a garage sale for 12 dollars, I have tried other more expensive putters and this one is still my favorite.

That is WITB but also feel free to comment on some of your used golf bargain finds.

Last edited:
I like it, I put my son a bag together off craigslist and goodwill for even less than you lol. My best score at goodwill was a brand new 845s titanium 1 iron for 2.99 but 30 percent off that. I have to admit its kind of fun looking for good old used clubs but I know I wont hit them so I just leave them in the bin for someone else.

Dan

That's awesome! I got into golf back in the early '90s the same way. There was a farm market outside of my hometown that was also a thrift market. They bought entire estates and had the stuff stored in large metal warehouse buildings. I got my first Golfsmith set there for $40, and added other clubs as I found them at various other thrift stores and garage sales. Bought a new bag at Big Lots for $29. I played with that set for the better part of a decade.

I think it is about time to update this post LOL. Have been through two new sets of irons and have a much different bag now. Might have to take some pictures and get this updated tonight.

Tried to get some pics in bag tonight and they didn't come out good. Will have to wait until the next sunny day. Until then... updates!
Ping G400 Driver
20190103_093159.jpg
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pros 4-GW
20200526_105349.jpg
20200526_105219.jpg
Callaway X Forged 60 Degree not the prettiest but such a fun club
20200828_192225.jpg

I currently have 5 wedges in my bag. A 60 56 54 gw(50) and pw. Looking in the future to get rid of the 56 and add something at the top of the bag as well as replace my 3 wood with something that goes a little further. Would probably then look for a 5 wood or utility iron depending on gapping needs.

Back