Travel & Extra Round Thread: 2019 Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist T Series Irons

Vortex

Reaction score
Travel & Extra Round Thread: 2019 Ultimate Club Testing with Titleist T Series Irons

The Ultimate Club Testing event with Titleist will be upon us in 39 days so planning needs to start asap.

Anyone arriving before Friday? Who's staying until Monday? Who wants to share a rental car? Anyone interested in an extra round? And most important; who has connections at Augusta and can they get us a tee time? :D

Atlanta seems to be the obvious airport choice. Chateau Elan is 56 miles from ATL but calculating traffic into the travel time is a wild card.

wluker17
LSMO
chasDog
DataDude
mreiter

Thanks for setting up the thread vortex. I live on the east side of Atlanta so I’ll be driving there on Friday. If y’all have any questions about the Atlanta area let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plane lands at 855am, and have to get my car at the airport. Hopefully traffic wont be as bad by the time I get out of their.

Last edited:
5:20 AM departure on Friday arriving ATL at 8:45? This solution only has merit if people are interested in a social round before the event. This means traveling with a few extra clubs but I'm down for the struggle. If not, then I'll probably arrive around noon.

The 9:30 PM departure on Sunday is the cheapest flight but there's a 7:30 too. Of course, I'm thinking replay on Sunday afternoon and then catching the 9:30. Decisions, decisions....

I’d take I-285 east around Atlanta rather than go up through downtown even later in the morning. They don’t call the connector the land of the never ending accident for nothing.

I’ll be booking flights in the morning what time is everyone getting in on friday

LSMO;n8904151 said:
I’ll be booking flights in the morning what time is everyone getting in on friday
I land at 8:55am

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can be there whenever. I’d possibly be up for a round Friday earlier before things get started.

I haven't booked yet but plan to arrive on Friday AM and would be open to sharing in transport to the resort.

Reunion Country Club is really close to Chateau Elan and might be a good pre event round. I haven’t played there but it looks nice and bonus not all that expensive.

mreiter;n8904144 said:
My plan lands at 855am, and have to get my car at the airport. Hopefully traffic wont be as bad by the time I get out of their.

Have you picked a return flight? It sounds like LSMO, you and I could land before 9:00 on Friday. Wluker17 is local and Chasdog is flexible.

wluker17;n8904172 said:
Reunion Country Club is really close to Chateau Elan and might be a good pre event round. I haven’t played there but it looks nice and bonus not all that expensive.

You had me at really nice and not expensive! I'm in.

Vortex;n8904175 said:
Have you picked a return flight? It sounds like LSMO, you and I could land before 9:00 on Friday. Wluker17 is local and Chasdog is flexible.
Yes Sunday at 745

I am going to drive down early Friday morning. I can be in town as early as noon.

wluker17;n8904150 said:
I’d take I-285 east around Atlanta rather than go up through downtown even later in the morning. They don’t call the connector the land of the never ending accident for nothing.

Info like this is what I need, I have never been to Atlanta but I have heard its crazy. Thanks for the heads up

mreiter;n8904292 said:
Info like this is what I need, I have never been to Atlanta but I have heard its crazy. Thanks for the heads up

It is not that bad if you know what areas to avoid and when.

I'm relying on you lol

Doesn’t look like any reasonable flights where i get there before noon... going to keep looking around

I arrive at ATL Friday at 9:03am and depart Sunday at 8:00pm. mreiter are you up for a paying passenger?

chasDog;n8904403 said:
I arrive at ATL Friday at 9:03am and depart Sunday at 8:00pm. mreiter are you up for a paying passenger?
Yeah we can do that

Shoot me an email mikereiter@yahoo.com and I will.give u my contact info

This event is associated with Titleist...I assume, do they ever post on their forum about this kind of event?

mreiter;n8904738 said:
This event is associated with Titleist...I assume, do they ever post on their forum about this kind of event?

No idea, honestly never been on their forum. We certainly don’t mind if anybody wants to share a link so their fans can follow along though.

JB;n8904756 said:
No idea, honestly never been on their forum. We certainly don’t mind if anybody wants to share a link so their fans can follow along though.

Oh don`t worry, I will. Bring some over to THP!

I get in at 12:55 on Friday and depart 1010 on Sunday night. If anyone is available to carpool let me know!

Back