Scratchnurse

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Hey everyone, a couple of years ago I took a trip to Vegas at the time, I thought it would be cool to rent some brand new clubs, play on a course and it would all kinds of fun. What ended up happening is I didn't get the right set of clubs to rent, the round was terrible and I ended up quitting after 9 holes. So I am heading to vegas again in a few months. And I want to bring my own clubs. Is ship stix a good service or should I bring my own clubs in some sort of travel set up. Any help would be great.

I’ve never used ship sticks since it’s more expensive than checking my clubs. Just traveled this last weekend with them and it was very simple!

I’ve never used ship sticks since it’s more expensive than checking my clubs. Just traveled this last weekend with them and it was very simple!
from where to where? what kind of set up do you have for travel?

I’ve always just used a travel bag (soft cover) and it’s worked out fine. I take off the wood heads amd put them in a head cover in the side pocket. I also have a bag boy extender that I use to help prevent damage.

Traveled from Bozeman MT to Chicago. I used the Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 with the North Pole addition. It’s a very very solid soft case and CD stands by their products with a great warranty.

I also suggest taking off the heads to your woods if they are adjustable

Traveled from Bozeman MT to Chicago. I used the Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 with the North Pole addition. It’s a very very solid soft case and CD stands by their products with a great warranty.

I also suggest taking off the heads to your woods if they are adjustable
would you recommend getting separate travel insurance if the clubs were lost or damaged? I feel like I've seen some horror stories where airlines would lose bags and then offer like half the value of what they are worth.

would you recommend getting separate travel insurance if the clubs were lost or damaged? I feel like I've seen some horror stories where airlines would lose bags and then offer like half the value of what they are worth.
I didn't but that's not something I can recommend to you or not. That would be based on your comfort level

I traveled with mine for the first time last month and they were totally fine in an ogio soft cover travel bag. Very easy and free to check on southwest. Will be taking them on a trip home again this weekend.

I traveled with mine for the first time last month and they were totally fine in an ogio soft cover travel bag. Very easy and free to check on southwest. Will be taking them on a trip home again this weekend.
excellent southwest is who I like to fly with.

I didn't but that's not something I can recommend to you or not. That would be based on your comfort level
I'm just worried that mine get lost or damaged beyond repair. Thinking about the replacement cost I'd have to wait a year to replace everything, lot of missed golf.

If you have a travel bag , l have travelled with mine a few times on the road and air, put towel around the club heads stops them hitting each other ( lve also have head covers on ) as a extra) bag inside bag lock it up .
Simple and zero issues to deal with.

I’ve always travelled with my clubs. Checked baggage and used a hard case.

I use an SKB case and they include a club insurance above and beyond what the airlines offer.

Worth a look anyway…

Fly Southwest if you can - 2 free bags. I've used Ship Sticks twice; it definitely helps to register on their website because they will constantly bombard you with discounts. I think I was able to combine their discount with Honey (Google Chrome extension). Without discounts, SS can be costly.

When I was traveling by plane, I used a soft travel bag. I just packed alot of clothes around my clubs. It basically doubled as a suit case.

Any items I didn't want to get wrinkled, were carry on.

I travel regularly with clubs using a Club Glove bag and so far (knock on wood) haven't had an issue with my clubs. I probably have averaged at least a dozen trips a year pre covid. I never had extra insurance either. I do wrap some towels, jackets around the top of the clubs but other than that I didn't worry too much. It might make sense to not leave your range finder in but I have done that without an issue.

I generally don't use Ship Sticks which I know works well because I don't want to be without my clubs for that long.

Philadelphia to Chicago last weekend with the Burton X2 Travel Bag with a Club Shield. Heads removed from Dr/Fw/Hy, the clubs flipped upside down and golf towel wrapped around on top. Worked good for me.

I always use my SKB hard case as airlines only cover lost clubs in a soft bag. I also try to fly Southwest as my clubs always fly free that way.
They can be a pain to transport in the airports and such but it's a lot cheaper than ShipStix or other modes.

Hey everyone, a couple of years ago I took a trip to Vegas at the time, I thought it would be cool to rent some brand new clubs, play on a course and it would all kinds of fun. What ended up happening is I didn't get the right set of clubs to rent, the round was terrible and I ended up quitting after 9 holes. So I am heading to vegas again in a few months. And I want to bring my own clubs. Is ship stix a good service or should I bring my own clubs in some sort of travel set up. Any help would be great.
Yes - Ship Sticks is awesome if you are willing to spend the extra $$/ Sign up and keep your eye out for discounts on shipping.

You tell them where precisely to ship the sticks, e.g. the course, you show up and your clubs are waiting. When you're done, take them to a UPS and send them home. Some courses now have it that you can set the pick up for the course. (e.g. Bandon, SS, etc)

Can’t speak to ship sticks specifically… but I have used FedEx or UPS Ground. Your local Kinkos/FedEx OR UPS Store should have a carton available specifically for golf clubs.

As others have noted, I wrap all the wood heads in towels, I have iron covers as well. I also toss a couple of pairs of shoes in (they’ll fit fine) a box of balls and ship them off.

The box holds up well enough to ship back home after the trip. I’m guessing ship sticks would work similarly. Go with whomever would be cheaper. I insure the shipment as well.

I don’t travel a lot, so feel the expense of shipping every now and then vs dragging more luggage is worth the cost and convenience.

Last edited:
Southwest allows for a free bag. Have flown 100's of times with my clubs. Never an issue. If don't have a travel bag for clubs the Caddy Daddy bag on this site with review is a good deal.

Southwest allows for a free bag. Have flown 100's of times with my clubs. Never an issue. If don't have a travel bag for clubs the Caddy Daddy bag on this site with review is a good deal.
link?

I always use a soft travel case as it’s easier to store when I’m not using it. However, in my years of aviation, having seen how those clubs are treated once they go down into the depths of the terminal, you really should be using a hard case for maximum peace of mind.

I purchased the cheapest Caddy Daddy soft travel case last year and it worked like an absolute charm for me going from Manchester to Jacksonville and back.

Back