Travel Thread: The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

I know I'm late to the party but another great little course I used to play all the time is Lost Lake, just a little further north, towards Hobe Sound. 6,850 from the tips and some gorgeous golf holes. The course is always in fantastic shape, as long as there has not been a monsoon. If you guys need another option, check this one out...
https://www.lostlakegolfclub.com/

Two weeks, fellas! Following along with the guys at the TrueTemper event has me fired up and ready to go! I just need the weather to relent so I can get on the practice tee and course.

For those coming to this one, our meet and greet will be between 6 and 7 and is off property, so if you are playing a round, plan accordingly.

For those coming to this one, our meet and greet will be between 6 and 7 and is off property, so if you are playing a round, plan accordingly.
Our round is at 10:36 so we should be good. Are we taking the THP Tour Van through Lion Country Safari?

Have fun gents out on the course. I will be doing this...

29 tomorrow night. I'm ready for some South Florida sunshine and warmth.
Its not been as humid down here the last couple weeks, so while still hot, its much more enjoyable.

Double post. Whoops.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is travel day for many of you. Safe travels, and looking forward to kicking the weekend off with a round at Abacoa Friday!

Tomorrow is travel day for many of you. Safe travels, and looking forward to kicking the weekend off with a round at Abacoa Friday!

Yes!!! Let's goooooooooo!!!

Should be a great event where some guys get their brains melted by so much info from Danny the Great.

Text me when you get in Friday.

Here’s hoping a little rain doesn’t have ATL f’d up as a sprayed roach this evening.

ETA: If it ain’t packed, I can buy it in West Palm Beach.

About to be wheels up and headed to Akron, to turn around for one more early flight tomorrow. Guess I should pack when I get home.

You guys all be safe traveling and we will see you tomorrow night.

Got to airport flight delayed then would miss connection but lady at the counter worked some magic and all back on track

Got to airport flight delayed then would miss connection but lady at the counter worked some magic and all back on track
Golf god divine intervention.

I'm so excited for you guys to play a course (The Champ) that I'm so familiar with. It doesn't get it's reputation for difficulty from it's length. It's difficulty is in how each hole is setup and guarded with water and strategic bunkers. There are so many holes you cannot run the ball up to the green on. Haven't played it in years but the greens were always in great shape and reasonably quick for a public play resort course and stimp was usually around 12.

I think I read somewhere that the Honda Classic (The Champ) is considered by many of the tour players as one of the harder courses they play all year. It's a thinking golfers layout and demands shot making and risk/reward to score well. I never went low on it. I think the best I ever did was 82 from the tips and I actually felt good about that score.

If you appreciate demanding golf hole/course layouts, this is one of those courses. Embrace it! Take it all in... and give it everything you have.

I'm so excited for you guys to play a course (The Champ) that I'm so familiar with. It doesn't get it's reputation for difficulty from it's length. It's difficulty is in how each hole is setup and guarded with water and strategic bunkers. There are so many holes you cannot run the ball up to the green on. Haven't played it in years but the greens were always in great shape and reasonably quick for a public play resort course and stimp was usually around 12.

I think I read somewhere that the Honda Classic (The Champ) is considered by many of the tour players as one of the harder courses they play all year. It's a thinking golfers layout and demands shot making and risk/reward to score well. I never went low on it. I think the best I ever did was 82 from the tips and I actually felt good about that score.

If you appreciate demanding golf hole/course layouts, this is one of those courses. Embrace it! Take it all in... and give it everything you have.
I'm so very much looking forward to this opportunity! I'm really going to try and play smart, but without grinding and just enjoying the amazing company...I don't hit the ball far, but hopefully can limit big mistakes and manage whatever game I wake up with... And if that doesn't work, there's always beer! :p:p

Back