Travelers Championship [spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The week following a major is always a little slow on tour, but the field looks okay, not great, but okay. Who ya got? Winner, Darkhorse, Disappointment?

Did just find out that you can watch some live streaming of this one here.

http://www.pgatour.com/livegolf/

I'd like to see Justin Rose do well again.

The week following a major is always a little slow on tour, but the field looks okay, not great, but okay. Who ya got? Winner, Darkhorse, Disappointment?

Did just find out that you can watch some live streaming of this one here.

http://www.pgatour.com/livegolf/

Thanks for the head's up JB, there goes my productivity today!!! I think Perry will win again, darkhorse of Boo Weekley and Disappointment of Goosen.

I like either Paddy or Perry to win, although id like to see Adam Scott win again, as for my disappointment i think John Daly doesn't have a major meltdown and self destruct thus disappointing me

Winner: Kenny Perry
Darkhorse: Scott Verplank
Disappointment: Stewart Cink

JB, thanks for the heads up on the streamin. Got it going now. Thats a par 4 they're trying to drive right??

Winner: Ricky Barnes , one of my favorites!
Darkhouse: Ryan Moore (not sure...)
Disappointment: John Daly. He just bugs me now. But he is on the tour and Im not. For now haha. I kid.

I will never forget Scott Verplank because he was featured in an old golfsmith catalog. I don't remember what brand he was gaming but as a kid I used to love it when the catalog came in the mail.
Winner: Kenny Perry
Darkhorse: Scott Verplank
Disappointment: Stewart Cink

They kept on saying, "Too much muff on the face," in reference to the new grooves. I was wondering if anyone on the broadcast team was saying, "Oh no!"

I was the Pro-Am yesterday and based on how everyone was swinging and the way everyone was putting at the back nine, Cory Pavin was hot, hot, hot. Matt Goggin looked good too and based on score board they seem to still be doing well.

BTW, spent afternoon sitting under trees right where pro balls were landing on the 17th. Could see 15th green, entire 16th whole, whole 17th and tee box of 18. Great spot to watch.

ahh, Paddys in the mix again. Lets hope he can keep it up, so we can enjoy an irish 1,2.. :)

Even thought Paddy hasnt won since 2008, earlier this year he had a few tourneys where he put 3 good rounds together our of 4, not enough to win, but enough to garner some confidence in his own game. Hope he can put for good rounds together this week.

Id like to see Ratief do well also, so he can come 2nd in my book :)

Hope Tom Pernice Jr isn't allergic to poison ivy. That hillside he just hacked out of is full it and poison oak.

Its fun watching events like this because I have played this course probably a dozen times.

Yea, I'm loving the @live stuff since their camera for the 17th mid fairway was right below on the hill where I was sitting yesterday. I've played three rounds there and walking along the ropes versus walking up the fairways/driving the cart is much different than playing it. A lot of hills you don't have to navigate when you are playing!!!

Winner: Padraig Harrington
Darkhorse: Adam Scott
Dissapointment: Justin Rose

Winner: Padraig Harrington
Darkhorse: Adam Scott
Dissapointment: Justin Rose

A little easier after Paddy shoots 64 huh? hehe

They kept on saying, "Too much muff on the face," in reference to the new grooves. I was wondering if anyone on the broadcast team was saying, "Oh no!"

Is that like having to much money?

I'm guessing they are going to blow the horn again real soon. A huge line of storms is about 45 miles due west/nw of them right now . Guessing this means my 9 is going to get disrupted too :-(

A little easier after Paddy shoots 64 huh? hehe

Didn't find the thread till late. Thought about it after the post.

I was kidding, no biggie, it should be a good tourny.

That hillside they are crawling over right now has eaten a whole sleeve of my balls!! If they find a pink lady precept it's mine!!

Alot of guys went low early, big swing from last week.

its crazy how many less posts there are for this tourney compared to the open, we where already on page 30 by this time last thursday lol

bubba watson had a real good round today..

Yeah, would be nice to see Bubba do well this weekend. Maybe tomorrow we can get the post count on this thread up a bit!

Its fun watching events like this because I have played this course probably a dozen times.

JB -- For some reason I thought you were a home grown Florida product!

JB -- For some reason I thought you were a home grown Florida product!

JB's like the dude in the dos equis commercial, no one's really sure about him. personally, i think he's an operative for the fed. using a golf forum based website to investigate personalities.

Back