Triple Track Ball, Putter, or Both?

What Triple Track technology do you use?

• Ball

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Putter

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Both ball and putter

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My severe alignment issues have me thinking Triple Track, so I wanted to get a feel from fellow THP’ers. Are you using Triple Track? Are you using just the ball or putter or both? What’s your rationale for doing so and are you seeing results?

I haven't used either, but am waiting on some balls to arrive the I won so I will start there.

I’ve spent the last 3 days practicing with my triple track balls and modified 2 ball with triple track stickers. I was sceptical about the hype but indoors I feel I’m “making” putts more consistently. The acid test will be Saturday morning.

Attachments

• 87CA8637-6380-4DB2-9A83-96AB3E60464D.jpeg
    87CA8637-6380-4DB2-9A83-96AB3E60464D.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 12
Ball, and I love it, while I might not be a tour caliber putter the triple track helps give me a line I want to take. It may look like your off when looking down at the ball but you just gotta trust it and the line you stood behind.
Putter, I'd really like to try the marxman to see what all the hype is about, followed by the ten or tenS, reasoning behind the mallet style instead of the blade would be I'm wanting to see the full effect of the triple track alignment in comparison to the smaller blade alignment.

Putter only or ball only. My eyes just won't allow me to do both. The TT lines on the putter help me get on the line I want and get the putter squared up to that line.

Neither yet, but am willing to experiment with both to see if they help me at all. I lean more toward trying the putter because I don't even use the alignment aid on my current ball when I putt, but I do find the long alignment line on my SL Ten to be a huge help.

Going to try them again this year on the ball. CS is in the convo for gamer this year

I have better putting days when using both ball and putter together. When I don't have a ball on me though, I have better lag putts than I used to prior to getting my TT Ten-S.

if i DIDN'T use triple track, @Luke WilliamsCG will squash my head like a pimple

I don't use lines on the ball.

I will get my read and then over the ball at the address position, my eyes go from my read to the ball to lineup my putter, and I use the shape of the putter to confirm the head is lined up to my read.

vote: puTTer

puTTers are very nice and it is logically tempting to put the package together with a TT ball. Adding a puTTer is probably just a matter of time. Would I switch to the new Chromesoft/X from the '20 Tour B line? Hmm.

I've used TT on the ball and it really helps. I have much better lines that, if I could control my pace better, I would have definitely holed more putts. I've never had a chance to use the puTTer, they don't really fit my eye but I'm sure used in tandem like they are meant for, would work really well!

My severe alignment issues have me thinking Triple Track, so I wanted to get a feel from fellow THP’ers. Are you using Triple Track? Are you using just the ball or putter or both? What’s your rationale for doing so and are you seeing results?

I have used the ball for a while. I think it helps a little... when I give it the attention I should. I have tried the putter and ball together in store and I don't think the difference between ball only and both is nearly as great as the difference between neither and ball only. I honestly don't think putter only would really help all that much. In short, definitely try the ball, if you find a great deal on the putter, then go ahead and try it, but if you're not gonna use the ball, I think you'd be served just as well to get a SL putter and call it a day.

While I do not play either. I do feel that if you are going to play the putter you should play the ball in conjunction with it. So I said both.

While I do not play either. I do feel that if you are going to play the putter you should play the ball in conjunction with it. So I said both.
While it is better to have the continuous lines, it can be to much for a persons eyes to handle. With my Rx, I can't do it.

While it is better to have the continuous lines, it can be to much for a persons eyes to handle. With my Rx, I can't do it.

That is understandable.

That might be why I did alright with the combo in the store for a while, but after a few putts, my eyes just felt like they were working too hard.

I put neither because I currently don't have either and am too cheap to get either. But if I did, I would, and actually want to, use both. While it might be too much for some people to handle, I think my OCD brain would naturally want all the lines to meet together and would make my body do it subconsciously.

I am waiting to get the new CSX2020 TT balls. Hopefully I can get my hands on them sooner rather than later. I have a few sleeves of TT balls that I will start working on the putting green to see if it helps me when I have an opportunity to practice without my girls.

I could be wrong having never tried it, but my feeling is that lining up the ball perfectly would be a distraction to me and if all the lines weren't matched up it would drive me nuts and the rest of my group would be ready to beat me with their putters while I screwed around with tweaking it. I don't even use the single alignment aid on my existing balls, so it's just not part of my normal routine. Using the TT on the putter would be simple - line it up and go.

I could be wrong having never tried it, but my feeling is that lining up the ball perfectly would be a distraction to me and if all the lines weren't matched up it would drive me nuts and the rest of my group would be ready to beat me with their putters while I screwed around with tweaking it. I don't even use the single alignment aid on my existing balls, so it's just not part of my normal routine. Using the TT on the putter would be simple - line it up and go.

I agree, I do not have a line on my ball either. In fact, I try to set the ball down on a blank spot. It feels more natural.

I have some of the older ERC balls but waiting for next time out to use for reals. Need to get a putting mat to that, my two different putters & put out pressure training running.

Putter only right now. I think eventually I will practice lining up the ball more and get more comfortable with that and then try using both. Right now when I line up a ball, I don't feel very confident in where I lined it up at address very often. I am guessing I could get better with practice though.

Back