Triple Track Ball, Putter, or Both?

What Triple Track technology do you use?

• Ball

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Putter

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Both ball and putter

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
Well my TT Ten S arrived yesterday, so I’ve got one part of the equation covered. I play SuperSoft balls right now, but I’ve got a few pond TT balls that I’ll clean up and use on the putting mat for testing purposes.

don't be afraid to take a number of balls you like to play and draw a line around the ball. If the feel of a callaway ball with TT on it feels right, go for it. If some other ball calls you then go for it. the putter can provide value when and when not a callaway ball is struck.

This is interesting to me because I’m not sure the putter will help me much. I line the ball up from behind and not at address. At address it can look like I am aiming a little left of the hole and I have to trust it. If I used the putter lines at address to aim I would push a lot of putts because of the way it looks standing over the ball.

I agree with this completely. If I don't take time to align the ball, then nothing short of a laser pointer on top of the putter is gonna help me. As a RH putter with a bad left eye, I cannot put michbstock in what I see at address position. Dead on looks to be aimed left to me.

don't be afraid to take a number of balls you like to play and draw a line around the ball. If the feel of a callaway ball with TT on it feels right, go for it. If some other ball calls you then go for it. the putter can provide value when and when not a callaway ball is struck.
Before I got the putter I’ve been lining up my Supersoft balls with the Supersoft logo pointing down my line. I’ve been practicing like that and I think it’ll be a seamless transition (not that my putting was great to begin with).

My severe alignment issues have me thinking Triple Track, so I wanted to get a feel from fellow THP’ers. Are you using Triple Track? Are you using just the ball or putter or both? What’s your rationale for doing so and are you seeing results?
I use just the ball. For me the putter and ball together would be a little much but I have the SL 10 and it has a thick white line. That being said I have used Triple Track for the last year and a little right after the Grandaddy in 2018. It really helps especially 10' and in. Outside if 10' I use it to pick an aim towards where I plan to go. It has helped my putting tremendously. I also use it on the tee.

I use just the ball. For me the putter and ball together would be a little much but I have the SL 10 and it has a thick white line. That being said I have used Triple Track for the last year and a little right after the Grandaddy in 2018. It really helps especially 10' and in. Outside if 10' I use it to pick an aim towards where I plan to go. It has helped my putting tremendously. I also use it on the tee.
Do you use it for alignment on the tee? I saw a video where it’s used on the tee to remind you to hit up through the ball.

Just the ball for me. I like having the flexibility to use the lines in a lot of various ways whether off the tee or on the green, or even go without the lines from time to time. The putters I currently have work so well regardless of which one I use, I haven’t given a TT putter a chance yet. Could change in the future though...

Do you use it for alignment on the tee? I saw a video where it’s used on the tee to remind you to hit up through the ball.
I do. I use it for alignment and I saw a video about the tilt of the TT to get you to focus on a certain part of the ball to help you with proper strike of the ball. I think it was on YouTube.

I do not use it on the tee. I feel better with a general aimpoint from the tee. Precision is for the green.

I do not use it on the tee. I feel better with a general aimpoint from the tee. Precision is for the green.
It's not for some off the tee but I enjoy it. Helps me aim better and hit more fairways, at least I feel it does mentally. Still need to have some accuracy off the tee.

I didn't quite know how to respond to the poll. I have had mixed results just using the ball, just using the putter and using the two together. I can't say that one method has been noticeably any better than the other two. I do use it off the tee, at least on par 4's and 5's. I really need to start doing it on par 3's as well.

Back