Tru-Roll Putter Review

It was like a step back tonight. Didn't putt well with it during the round.

Another round with this on Wednesday night.

Another round with this on Wednesday night.
Mixed results tonight. Distance control was decent but was pulling everything. Made a nice 20 foot birdie though to win a skin.

Mixed results tonight. Distance control was decent but was pulling everything. Made a nice 20 foot birdie though to win a skin.

My distance control is my Favorite part of the putter

My distance control is my Favorite part of the putter
May need to play the ball more in the middle of my stance. I have always played it slightly forward to catch the ball on the upswing. Don't really need to do that with this.

Probably my best round putting since I got this. Putted one from off the green about 15 feet and one from about 20 earlier in the round. Had three, three putts, but the greens were the fastest I've played all year and the guy who set the pins probably had an attitude this morning!

Probably my best round putting since I got this. Putted one from off the green about 15 feet and one from about 20 earlier in the round. Had three, three putts, but the greens were the fastest I've played all year and the guy who set the pins probably had an attitude this morning!

Lol. Glad to coming together

I still love playing with this putter. The comments alone are almost worth keeping it in the bag! My distance control is very good with this.

But there is one thing I don't like, and that is long (really long) putts. The two main courses I will be playing this year have way bigger greens than Painted Hills has (and theirs average about 4500 sf) and in my rounds so far, I just can't get the ball to go from one end of the green to the other even though I feel like I am hitting the ball hard. I think I will keep working with it until the real season starts (April or so, maybe May). Maybe this one is for courses with smaller greens.

I'm playing again tomorrow and keeping this in the bag. Hopefully I can work out the long putt issue.

For now, this experiment is over.

Put the Metal-X #7 back in play and it was like lightning in a bottle.

This may go up in the Marketplace to see what kind of action I get. Otherwise I may keep it. Still a good putter, but the #7 works better for me. It was a fun experiment.

For now, this experiment is over.

Put the Metal-X #7 back in play and it was like lightning in a bottle.

This may go up in the Marketplace to see what kind of action I get. Otherwise I may keep it. Still a good putter, but the #7 works better for me. It was a fun experiment.

I keep going back and forth with it. It's my favorite putter in terms of distance control but I struggle aiming it

I keep going back and forth with it. It's my favorite putter in terms of distance control but I struggle aiming it

My biggest thing was with long putts, both from off the green and on the green, the ball would start bouncing after the strike. Long being like way across the green, about 25 yards or more. Whenever I really needed to pop it.

I don’t even think the company exists anymore. But I still love mine. Gave my old Spider to my MinL. I’ve gotten so used to it my previous concerns about over 60ft putts is gone.

Back