True friends, how do ya know?

Awwwwww that's really special! :in-love: Don't go ruining my old basta*d internet profile now :D

I'm sure I've called you worse! (Does that help?)

I'm sure I've called you worse! (Does that help?)

True friends can call you all kinds of stuff and it rolls off like water on a ducks back so yep. :friends:

True friends are there when you need them and won't turn their back on you. Ones you can tell anything and not have to worry about who they are going to tell. I used to have several of those friends...or so I thought. A situation came about a few years ago that really opened my eyes. Sometimes people who you think are friends really aren't.

I think a true friend might say, on the night before you get married, "I have a full tank of gas, $400, and if you want to bail, I will drive you wherever you want to go." And he would support either decision, whole heartedly.
I think my true friends are the people who, as others have said, pick up conversation as if I had never been gone.

A good friend will you bail you out of jail. A true friend would be sitting next to you :)

That said, I think a true friend is hard to find. Sometimes you have to open your eyes because the people you think are your true friends are the ones talking about you behind your back or doing anything that can to bring you down. A true friend should always do whatever they can to lift you up and be there for you no matter what and support you.

The older we get the less friends we keep/have. I still have one real good friend that lives on the other side of the country, so I haven't seen him for 10'years. We still talk occasionally on the phone and have some good ole fun conversations. Used to have some great golf buddies, but once I had my son and stopped playing avid golf they stopped calling. Kinda shallow that my relationship with them was basically revolved around avid golf. Angered me that they never once asked how my son is, but just wanted to know why I kept on missing tee times.

Hang on to good friends, they are tough to find

A good friend will you bail you out of jail. A true friend would be sitting next to you :)

That said, I think a true friend is hard to find. Sometimes you have to open your eyes because the people you think are your true friends are the ones talking about you behind your back or doing anything that can to bring you down. A true friend should always do whatever they can to lift you up and be there for you no matter what and support you.

To speculate about things a person is or has done is simple gossip. If you don't really know the real person behind a face, no need to speculate about this person. What's to gain? I suppose it's human nature to gossip and sometimes I wonder if people do it to make them selves feel more important.

To speculate about things a person is or has done is simple gossip. If you don't really know the real person behind a face, no need to speculate about this person. What's to gain? I suppose it's human nature to gossip and sometimes I wonder if people do it to make them selves feel more important.

You hit the nail on the head with that last part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back