True Linkswear Lux knit

mancest

Went to the Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Preordered these several months ago, and like all things right now, there were delays. To their credit True was very upfront and kept me updated throughout. They upgraded to 2nd day air, and amazingly after going to play came home to find these on my doorstep Sunday morning.

Will get some pics in the next thread, but really impressed with the packaging and look of these.

Comes in/with this shoe bag. Big improvement from previous models they have provided. Came with bubble to keep the shoes padded and paper lining. Very impressed with the details, and the last looks a bit like that of the True Knits (not the eco knits). Will get them on in a bit and compare to the other True models (I have a lot of experience with them the last couple years and am a fan of most if not all).

Attachments

• 9EB96934-25D8-45DF-8978-E1AE29ED89DD.jpeg
    9EB96934-25D8-45DF-8978-E1AE29ED89DD.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 874F23EB-E8D7-49CD-9523-32596ACB866C.jpeg
    874F23EB-E8D7-49CD-9523-32596ACB866C.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 45
  • 07EF557E-E5FB-4248-A8C0-00CA78F9D76E.jpeg
    07EF557E-E5FB-4248-A8C0-00CA78F9D76E.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 57
  • E79A26BA-C4C1-45F5-85C6-F4DED7FAFD5F.jpeg
    E79A26BA-C4C1-45F5-85C6-F4DED7FAFD5F.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 57
Look forward to seeing the pics. I like their lineup!

How do these fit? True to size?

How do these fit? True to size?

Feel like it, with a little wider toe box than many other brands. Closest fit for me in just a few minutes would be the Puma NXT Solelace model. They remind me of the True Outsider with a little wider toe box and a little more cushioning. More cushion than the Originals, slightly firmer feel than the Majors and more structure than the True Knits.

Looks in person are really good. Think they started with the True knits as the base for these then added some rubber or plastic at the heel, toe & around the laces to create a bit more structure and then improved the bed so that they are a bit more comfortable. That means not as free in the toes, but more control to the ground in my opinion.

Will get them to range I think tomorrow and then they are coming with me on a golf trip next weekend for 6 rounds in 4 days. I will bring another pair (probably my eco knits) but likely these will get a chance at 36/day at least once so will have a lot more thoughts by this time next week.

Maaaannnnn those look good.

Im in the minority here, but I’ve always enjoyed TRUE’s

Maaaannnnn those look good.

Im in the minority here, but I’ve always enjoyed TRUE’s

I was skeptical because I bought one of the real early pairs that looked like clown shoes and was not impressed, then they struggled for a few years (IMO) before I think really finding their stride with the original a few years ago. I jumped in on the mystery box a couple years ago on black friday and have really enjoyed every model I have tried. The quality has been excellent and they are the best waterproofs I have tried.

Nice looking shoes, big fan of TRUEs here also. Great quality and love the comfort. How is the width compared to OGs?

Nice looking shoes, big fan of TRUEs here also. Great quality and love the comfort. How is the width compared to OGs?

OGs are wider in my experience, but I have worn my OGs for 20 or so rounds, most of them walking and the lux knit I threw for about 5 minutes.

OGs are wider in my experience, but I have worn my OGs for 20 or so rounds, most of them walking and the lux knit I threw for about 5 minutes.
Thanks, I look forward to hearing your thoughts after you get a few rounds on them. I really love the wider width of the OG/OG Feel (I have both), but pondering one more pair of knit shoes for summer wear.

Love the shoe bag touch with those! Definitely have pondered them before and will do so again I'm sure. How does the fit compare to the Eco Knits and TL-01s? I saw where you mentioned a wider toe box so that will probably be a difference. I have a pretty narrow foot so the two I mentioned fit me quite well.

Love the shoe bag touch with those! Definitely have pondered them before and will do so again I'm sure. How does the fit compare to the Eco Knits and TL-01s? I saw where you mentioned a wider toe box so that will probably be a difference. I have a pretty narrow foot so the two I mentioned fit me quite well.

Never tried the TL-01, slightly wider than the eco knit would be my initial thought. My rankings before have been from widest to narrowest:

OG
these
Eco-knit
outsider
Major

True knit are similar to these, but the full knit with zero structure makes them feel loose, or like your foot can slide around and I have never played in them and haven't liked even hitting balls in them because of that.

For playing in, OG and Eco-knit are both excellent for me, if I could I would play in the Eco-knit every round as they are light and breathable, but if I have possible wetness I have gone OG or Major. Will be interested to see how these do in that area.

TRUE has a fit chart on their site, although it's a bit dated - it lists the Knits, which aren't available anymore (only the Eco Knits and now the Lux Knits). According to that chart, it looks like the Majors and TL-01s are their two least wide shoes. The Lux Knits say they fit up to 2E, which would fall under their "Wider", but not "Extra Wide":

TRUE.png

Those look good! Mine are being delivered today (I hope) and I'll jump back in here. I got the blue in these so we'll see a different color.

TRUE has a fit chart on their site, although it's a bit dated - it lists the Knits, which aren't available anymore (only the Eco Knits and now the Lux Knits). According to that chart, it looks like the Majors and TL-01s are their two least wide shoes. The Lux Knits say they fit up to 2E, which would fall under their "Wider", but not "Extra Wide":

View attachment 8959999

Haven't seen that but 100% jives with what I have seen (no experience on the TL-01) with it going OG being by far the widest, and possibly that is also because they are very flexible they feel like they have even more width than the Lux Knit, but again my OGs are very worn in and the Lux knits are brand new.

Mine just arrived. Good fit once you get the paper at the top of the toes outta' there. Thought my feet were squished but they had a small wad in the toe area. Fit is what you expect - I am between 10.5-11 and the 11 fits - comfy on the width. This is the blue that doesn't show as well on camera - but look at shoe on right and on side. Not a bright blue, meaning it will coordinate with a lot of clothing, if you're into coordination.
True Lux Knit.jpg

Last edited:
As I kind of expected, they are retiring the Majors. Guessing the lux pro are replacing that model. Makes sense, they are a good shoe, but the if the lux pro is anything like the lux knit I would go that direction instead of the major.

As I kind of expected, they are retiring the Majors. Guessing the lux pro are replacing that model. Makes sense, they are a good shoe, but the if the lux pro is anything like the lux knit I would go that direction instead of the major.

Have the Lux Pro White on order from a month ago. Let's see when I get an email.

I haven't ordered Trues in several years but miss the ability to really feel the slope of the greens - so I returned.

@Desmond got pics of the blue ones up before I did, so not much of a point for double. I’ll add on that they look great in person and should go with a lot of clothes. Not as wide as the OG Feel but wide enough and crazy comfortable.

Looked outside my door :eek: and the True Lux Pro Pro had arrived in White.:love:

Nice faux cap toe, leather top is very soft, very comfortable, bottom of feet feel good, the heel strap is very helpful. These look good for a True, similar to the Lux Knits. Wraps the foot well, Wide enough but my foot does not move like the originals (which I stopped wearing because my big toe turned black and blue from moving). But these? Feeling good, feeling stable.

All Photos - 1 of 1 (1).jpegAll Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg

Looked outside my door :eek: and the True Lux Pro Pro had arrived in White.:love:

Nice faux cap toe, leather top is very soft, very comfortable, bottom of feet feel good, the heel strap is very helpful. These look good for a True, similar to the Lux Knits. Wraps the foot well, Wide enough but my foot does not move like the originals (which I stopped wearing because my big toe turned black and blue from moving). But these? Feeling good, feeling stable.

View attachment 8960623View attachment 8960624

those look really nice...I gotta stop reading through this thread

those look really nice...I gotta stop reading through this thread

Probably get the Lux Pro Pro Black for winter.... I'm sure they'll eventually have a sale.

Packaging looks fantastic as do the shoes

Back