True Linkswear Lux knit

too bad they didn’t include shoe trees

The bag, I think, is a good idea. You can use the cardboard form fitting insert as a poor man's shoe tree. :)

So wore these at the range wednesday for about 60 balls, felt fine, didn't even think about them the entire time. Thursday I went on a trip where we played 6 rounds in 4 days.

Wore these for the last 5 rounds.... they were magnificent. Not sure I would trust them in a full rain for waterproofing, but they kept my feet dry in some serious dew all 3 mornings. The bed isn't cushy, but is forgiving enough that they were comfortable enough for me to throw on before I left the room at 6:30 am until I got back about 7pm both days with 2 round.

The bag is also quality, only request I would make is a double zipper system, but I am quite happy with these and will look at picking up a pair of lux for the winter when it is time to retire my OGs.

So wore these at the range wednesday for about 60 balls, felt fine, didn't even think about them the entire time. Thursday I went on a trip where we played 6 rounds in 4 days.

Wore these for the last 5 rounds.... they were magnificent. Not sure I would trust them in a full rain for waterproofing, but they kept my feet dry in some serious dew all 3 mornings. The bed isn't cushy, but is forgiving enough that they were comfortable enough for me to throw on before I left the room at 6:30 am until I got back about 7pm both days with 2 round.

The bag is also quality, only request I would make is a double zipper system, but I am quite happy with these and will look at picking up a pair of lux for the winter when it is time to retire my OGs.
They have a two year waterproof guarantee- should hold up just fine in the rain. I had mine on during a 4 hole rain period Sunday and had no moisture on my socks.

I wore the Lux Knit and Lux Pro over the weekend. Both offer good fit and comfort. Mancest is correct - the bed of the sole towards the balls of the feet is not that cushy to me. But it is a performance shoe. I have an Asics Golf Shoe that is cushy all along the foot - and I like it on the range when my feet need to relax. But on the course, I want less cushy. I want to feel the slope of the green for putts, feel the pressure I am putting into the ground, and the True, to me, does it better.

If you ask which do I prefer - the Lux Pro White (leather) is tough to beat. A lot of shoes are knit material these days. This is my first knit type shoe. The knit material will "fall" on your foot more than the leather. I need to wear the knit more because it is a new experience after years of leather. Overall, I like the performance/comfort balance of the low drop True.

They have a two year waterproof guarantee- should hold up just fine in the rain. I had mine on during a 4 hole rain period Sunday and had no moisture on my socks.

I don't care, in actual rain a knit shoe isn't giving me any confidence.

(try the Lux Pro)

in my previous post, that is what I said my plan was. get a pair of those to replace my OGs which are getting close to 40 rounds on them.

I had only worn these for rounds I rode in a cart, but this weekend I played 36 and walked the 2nd round. Put these on my feet at 7:30 aM and didn't take them off until almost 7pm and I didn't think about my feet once the entire time. Absolute magic for me.

I had only worn these for rounds I rode in a cart, but this weekend I played 36 and walked the 2nd round. Put these on my feet at 7:30 aM and didn't take them off until almost 7pm and I didn't think about my feet once the entire time. Absolute magic for me.

Yes, the more I wear them, the more I like them.

Looked outside my door :eek: and the True Lux Pro Pro had arrived in White.:love:

Nice faux cap toe, leather top is very soft, very comfortable, bottom of feet feel good, the heel strap is very helpful. These look good for a True, similar to the Lux Knits. Wraps the foot well, Wide enough but my foot does not move like the originals (which I stopped wearing because my big toe turned black and blue from moving). But these? Feeling good, feeling stable.

View attachment 8960623View attachment 8960624
Did you go 11's in those as well? Like you, I'm around a size 11 usually. I had some issues with the Majors but I think they were mostly quality related although I don't remember loving the fit/feel.

Not in love with the pricing like usual but I have a gift card and plan to get the Lux Pros in white when they restock them.

Did you go 11's in those as well? Like you, I'm around a size 11 usually. I had some issues with the Majors but I think they were mostly quality related although I don't remember loving the fit/feel.

Not in love with the pricing like usual but I have a gift card and plan to get the Lux Pros in white when they restock them.

If you are a true 11, I'd go 11.5. Give them a call or email. But that's my feeling.

I am usually a 10.5 in quality dress shoes, but go to 11 in everything else.

I need to lose my Covid 10 so the size 11's fit better.

Last edited:

I have wider feet, but I go 10 in all true shoes except the major, which I have 10.5 and fits pretty similarly to the 10 in the Lux knit. I have also worn a 10 in the puma nxts after wearing 10.5 in older models. Not sure if that helps, but has been my experience in them.

EDIT: I would also add if you contact their QC and let them know what shoes you wear they will get back to you with which model would likely fit best. That is how I ended up with the 10.5 in the major and it has worked out for me.

If you are a true 11, I'd go 11.5. Give them a call or email. But that's my feeling.

I am usually a 10.5 in quality dress shoes, but go to 11 in everything else.

I need to lose my Covid 10 so the size 11's fit better.
Not sure if I'm a true 11 or not, but I appreciate the info.

I have wider feet, but I go 10 in all true shoes except the major, which I have 10.5 and fits pretty similarly to the 10 in the Lux knit. I have also worn a 10 in the puma nxts after wearing 10.5 in older models. Not sure if that helps, but has been my experience in them.

EDIT: I would also add if you contact their QC and let them know what shoes you wear they will get back to you with which model would likely fit best. That is how I ended up with the 10.5 in the major and it has worked out for me.
That's interesting about the Majors. I wonder if an 11.5 would have been comfy. I actually was disappointed in some of the finish on the Tuxedo pair I bought so I did a return and not an exchange.

For the Puma Ignite NXTs, I have found them to be quite long in an 11 but I can't really squeeze my foot into a 10.5. The 11's work fine but I'm reminded of shopping for shoes as a kid when we had like a "thumb" width of room to grow into them so we weren't back there buying again in 2 months.

I'm leaning towards an 11 Lux Pro but may contact them as you suggested. Thanks for the input!

How is the gripping with these?

That's interesting about the Majors. I wonder if an 11.5 would have been comfy. I actually was disappointed in some of the finish on the Tuxedo pair I bought so I did a return and not an exchange.

For the Puma Ignite NXTs, I have found them to be quite long in an 11 but I can't really squeeze my foot into a 10.5. The 11's work fine but I'm reminded of shopping for shoes as a kid when we had like a "thumb" width of room to grow into them so we weren't back there buying again in 2 months.

I'm leaning towards an 11 Lux Pro but may contact them as you suggested. Thanks for the input!

The Majors for the cost were a miss. I bought mine 2nd hand from someone who got them in the black friday deal and for $120 for the majors with a True hat thrown in I am pleased with the purchase.

Anyway, back to fit, it is like recommending a shaft to someone over the internet based on what someone hits a 7I. you don't know what 7I, flight yada yada yada.

Good luck, if you find the right size I think you will enjoy these shoes.

11 in OG Feels = 11 in Lux Knits? not that i'm buying :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: but i gotta know :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

11 in OG Feels = 11 in Lux Knits? not that i'm buying :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: but i gotta know :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can't speak to the feels, have not had the pleasure.

Typically, I weigh 180 lbs. Since Feb, I'm up to 190 and that affects my feet size. I've been going size 10.5-11 in street shoes for last 10 yrs. I always go 11 in golf and running shoes. But I found that the size 11 at 190 lbs starts to hit the edge after a couple of hours of play and the toes don't feel great. I don't need a larger size, I need to lose some poundage. Yes, the waist is no longer 34, it's 35, so I am working on it.

That's what I meant about being a true 11. Depends on whether your weight is normal or whether these uncertain times (lol) have blown you up a little

Typically, I weigh 180 lbs. Since Feb, I'm up to 190 and that affects my feet size. I've been going size 10.5-11 in street shoes for last 10 yrs. I always go 11 in golf and running shoes. But I found that the size 11 at 190 lbs starts to hit the edge after a couple of hours of play and the toes don't feel great. I don't need a larger size, I need to lose some poundage. Yes, the waist is no longer 34, it's 35, so I am working on it.

That's what I meant about being a true 11. Depends on whether your weight is normal or whether these uncertain times (lol) have blown you up a little

since my surgery in jan, then getting sick earlier this summer, my weight is well above average :(...started dropping the surgery gain but it stopped when i got sick and haven't been able to get my mind back into it :rolleyes:

Wore these for another 3 days, all 3 putting them on before 7:30 am and not taking them off until after 7pm. Super comfortable, have held up great and I will likely get a pair of the pros for the winter, but my true OGs are still in decent shape... we will see.

Lux Pro White ordered last week, should get them tomorrow

I'm thinking about getting a pair of these, I bought a pair of Vessi slip ons for my dog walking shoes which are also waterproof knit and boy are they fantastic.

Spent 2.5 hrs hitting balls in a fitting and then played 9 holes walking a hilly course - the Lux Pros were great.

I've been wearing the Lux Pros around the house the last few days. I'm not sure what to think. One day I have no issues with my left foot but my right feels a little off. Then the next day my right feels better but my left heel feels weird. Not sure my knees are big fans either, but I really like the look. Quality seems solid. I'd hate to wear them for a full round of walking and end up with foot or knee pain but I just might do it this weekend.

I've been wearing the Lux Pros around the house the last few days. I'm not sure what to think. One day I have no issues with my left foot but my right feels a little off. Then the next day my right feels better but my left heel feels weird. Not sure my knees are big fans either, but I really like the look. Quality seems solid. I'd hate to wear them for a full round of walking and end up with foot or knee pain but I just might do it this weekend.
Their return policy is quite good. I say wear them playing - they're my favorite golf shoe and I'm particular about comfort and feel.

Back