True Linkswear Outsider and Original

Picked up the Outsiders, wore them in a monsoon here in the Boston area..even though I have a Wide foot they are SO comfortable...and bone dry..pricey? Yeah, but my Sketchers which are comfortable and much less money wear out too fast..May look at the knits in April..Enjoy the Walk!

Picked up the Outsiders, wore them in a monsoon here in the Boston area..even though I have a Wide foot they are SO comfortable...and bone dry..pricey? Yeah, but my Sketchers which are comfortable and much less money wear out too fast..May look at the knits in April..Enjoy the Walk!

Yep, they're pricey, but the quality is legit top notch now.

I am going to try a pair of these at some point in 2019. I am really happy with my Ecco's but being over 200lbs and walking most of my rounds I tend to change out shoes a couple times a year.

FYI the Outsiders are $99 right now.

FYI the Outsiders are $99 right now.

Yeah I just ordered a pair of the grey ones excited to try these out and can’t beat the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just ordered a pair of the grey ones excited to try these out and can’t beat the price.

I couldn't decide between outsiders and originals, so I went mystery box. I am thinking outsiders would fit me better, but what the hell, I could use a little surprise in my life.

I'm thinking of going for the mystery box.

I'm thinking of going for the mystery box.

I got a bit of a surprise in my mystery box (arrived today), I ordered as soon as they were available (11/22) and they shipped them very quickly. Being on the West Coast (they are in Washington) it was fast turnaround.

When I ordered it asked for shoe size and shirt size. A couple accessories in the box, but no shirt... oh well. Pull out a box from the larger box and it is a forest green Original... not what I would have purchased for myself, bu they fit well and seem pretty comfy.

Pull out another slightly smaller box and what do I find but a pair of White Outsiders! Bam, pretty pleased as I was debating on getting a pair of white or grey Outsiders, but for the price of the original I got a pair of originals and a pair of Outsiders.

The Outsiders are $124 right now, so the mystery box turned out to be a great deal for me.

EDIT: trying both on, the sock liner is fantastic and just walking around the living room I prefer the outsider but the original is pretty comfortable too. Will try to get both out for rounds in the next few weeks. Quality of both is really excellent and quite a bit better than I remember the very first model they made.

I got a bit of a surprise in my mystery box (arrived today), I ordered as soon as they were available (11/22) and they shipped them very quickly. Being on the West Coast (they are in Washington) it was fast turnaround.

When I ordered it asked for shoe size and shirt size. A couple accessories in the box, but no shirt... oh well. Pull out a box from the larger box and it is a forest green Original... not what I would have purchased for myself, bu they fit well and seem pretty comfy.

Pull out another slightly smaller box and what do I find but a pair of White Outsiders! Bam, pretty pleased as I was debating on getting a pair of white or grey Outsiders, but for the price of the original I got a pair of originals and a pair of Outsiders.

The Outsiders are $124 right now, so the mystery box turned out to be a great deal for me.

EDIT: trying both on, the sock liner is fantastic and just walking around the living room I prefer the outsider but the original is pretty comfortable too. Will try to get both out for rounds in the next few weeks. Quality of both is really excellent and quite a bit better than I remember the very first model they made.

The forest Green Originals are HIGH on my list of next shoe purchases. Put some gold/yellow laces on there and boom!

The forest Green Originals are HIGH on my list of next shoe purchases. Put some gold/yellow laces on there and boom!

If we wore the same size we could make a deal, but if I remember correctly your feet are bigger than mine. What size you wear? I am really impressed with the quality and if I moved the originals I would most likely pick up another pair of outsiders in a different color.

If we wore the same size we could make a deal, but if I remember correctly your feet are bigger than mine. What size you wear? I am really impressed with the quality and if I moved the originals I would most likely pick up another pair of outsiders in a different color.

Honestly depends on the shoe. Can be anywhere from a 9-10. I hate buying shoes online. Always have to get two pairs and send one back.

Honestly depends on the shoe. Can be anywhere from a 9-10. I hate buying shoes online. Always have to get two pairs and send one back.

Oh damn, we are pretty close. I wear a 10-10.5 but it depends on the width of the shoe. With these a 10 is fitting perfect. Sounds like a reason for us to get together for a round.

Oh damn, we are pretty close. I wear a 10-10.5 but it depends on the width of the shoe. With these a 10 is fitting perfect. Sounds like a reason for us to get together for a round.

Haven't played since September.. Definitely need a round sometime

Busted out the outsiders today for the first round, it was wet and the course was very saturated with water. Feet were dry and pretty dang comfortable all round even after walking 18 holes. The one thing I will say is these were slightly slick on wet pavement, more so than other non spiked shoes I have played. Nothing major but I almost hit my can twice.

For the money, I would probably pick up another pair of these over Ecco's, only model close to these for me are the Biom 2 spikeless.

Busted out the outsiders today for the first round, it was wet and the course was very saturated with water. Feet were dry and pretty dang comfortable all round even after walking 18 holes. The one thing I will say is these were slightly slick on wet pavement, more so than other non spiked shoes I have played. Nothing major but I almost hit my can twice.

For the money, I would probably pick up another pair of these over Ecco's, only model close to these for me are the Biom 2 spikeless.

In my humble opinion, TRUE makes the best spikeless shoes out there.

Mine just shipped out this has taken a while ready to try these bad boys out on the course!

I just grabbed the link soul knits, really excited about these. Only complaint is that they don’t offer half sizes.

I have been in originals for the past 1.5 seasons and they are really great shoes. Not as much tread wear as you would expect, and they clean quite easily, which is a big deal for me

I just grabbed the link soul knits, really excited about these. Only complaint is that they don’t offer half sizes.

I have been in originals for the past 1.5 seasons and they are really great shoes. Not as much tread wear as you would expect, and they clean quite easily, which is a big deal for me

yeah, playing the all white in the rain/mud yesterday had me worried but just grabbed one of my wet towels after he round and wiped it down. Can barely tell they were played in (just the laces that got some dirt on them).

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove my knits.

Stupid comfortable. Really on the brink of going all in on TRUE's as my spikeless shoe of 2019.

The knit is tempting for the Spring. I was an early adopter of True during its first 4 yrs. I needed another insole because they were so wide that my feet moved too much. I've only read great reviews about their new models. Good luck!

Last edited:
Anybody thinking about getting the Major that was just released? I want to see how it fits, I love the outsider and these look kind of similar. Doubt I will jump in anytime soon but I do like that they are including a shoe bag with them.

Anybody thinking about getting the Major that was just released? I want to see how it fits, I love the outsider and these look kind of similar. Doubt I will jump in anytime soon but I do like that they are including a shoe bag with them.

The grey look AMAZING to me. But, I'm waiting for feedback.

The grey look AMAZING to me. But, I'm waiting for feedback.

yeah, I have a pair in my cart. I love the outsider, but wasn't a fan of the fit of the original. I have 2 pair so I am set for a while.

yeah, I have a pair in my cart. I love the outsider, but wasn't a fan of the fit of the original. I have 2 pair so I am set for a while.

Same here. Saaaaaaaaaaaame here.

Should have tried an Outsider during the Christmas Sale. I moved too much in the Originals, bruised my big toes, and yes, they looked like a "Mad" Clown could wear them.

The Major looks like an Outsider with premium materials - lace system is similar to Ecco Biom Hybrid 3, which is a good thing.

Back