True Linkswear Shoes

How do they perform from the rough? I would be worried that my wayward drives would lead to lies that would cause my feet to slip on the next shot.

Spent some more time with these today.

Light weight? Check
Odd looking for some? Check
Lower to the ground? Than most...Check

They work as advertised, and our review is starting to come together. I do have an issue that I am struggling with and that is heel support. This may not be a big deal for many, but for me, I like a nice padded heel in the shoe for playing. These are quite hard in that area in my opinion. I took the bottoms out and compared it to other shoes (6 different brands), and it is thinner and less padded than many. In the review we will show some comparisons as I think it is important.

Now keep in mind, that does not make a it a bad shoe by any stretch of the imagination. Not at all. It is definitely a shoe that many will like. I just hope that many will be able to try them on before purchasing and I am not sure that is the case yet.

I love the weight of them. I also have not had any traction issues. While they dont grip quite like a traditional shoe, no slipping has occurred as of yet. I also dont expect there to be much of a problem with that based on what I am seeing.

After both times wearing them, I did not suffer from foot fatigue at all. I will say though, if you are sensitive in the heel area, these do not offer the same padding there (in my opinion) as others that I have tried and reviewed.

good stuff JB. I too really focus on heel support/slippage and if a shoe doesn't feel good to start there's no such thing as breaking in for me.
Spent some more time with these today.

Light weight? Check
Odd looking for some? Check
Lower to the ground? Than most...Check

They work as advertised, and our review is starting to come together. I do have an issue that I am struggling with and that is heel support. This may not be a big deal for many, but for me, I like a nice padded heel in the shoe for playing. These are quite hard in that area in my opinion. I took the bottoms out and compared it to other shoes (6 different brands), and it is thinner and less padded than many. In the review we will show some comparisons as I think it is important.

Now keep in mind, that does not make a it a bad shoe by any stretch of the imagination. Not at all. It is definitely a shoe that many will like. I just hope that many will be able to try them on before purchasing and I am not sure that is the case yet.

I love the weight of them. I also have not had any traction issues. While they dont grip quite like a traditional shoe, no slipping has occurred as of yet. I also dont expect there to be much of a problem with that based on what I am seeing.

After both times wearing them, I did not suffer from foot fatigue at all. I will say though, if you are sensitive in the heel area, these do not offer the same padding there (in my opinion) as others that I have tried and reviewed.

good stuff JB. I too really focus on heel support/slippage and if a shoe doesn't feel good to start there's no such thing as breaking in for me.

No slippage at all, which is something I too look for. That I was thrilled with. However I guess I am accustomed to a overly padded heel and Im just not seeing it in these. More to come soon in the review, and perhaps it will work itself out.

Great review of these...I just dont see myself in them at all. Maybe if I saw them on my feet I could change my opinion

Wore these on Saturday for our range session. And will be wearing them for a full round tomorrow. I have very mixed feelings on them so far.

As I said earlier, they do not look like a shoe that I could wear for a round of golf. They look more like something I could get on quick for a range session.

They are interesting looking. Don't know if I'd wear them or not, but if they had them in my size I'd give 'em a shot.

::patiently waits for the review::

Since I walk so much I am VERY interested in how this goes

::patiently waits for the review::

Since I walk so much I am VERY interested in how this goes

when i first saw these on JB, i immediately thought of you gus. they are unique looking for sure, and i quite liked the look of them. i am also looking forward to the review.

when i first saw these on JB, i immediately thought of you gus. they are unique looking for sure, and i quite liked the look of them. i am also looking forward to the review.

Am I that predictable TC?
Ha!

The looks are not 100% my style but I stand right behind the concept. Callaway has a ladies show that I would KILL for if it was released as a mens. Same idea. No cleat, light weight, lots of freedom.

Ha!

The looks are not 100% my style but I stand right behind the concept. Callaway has a ladies show that I would KILL for if it was released as a mens. Same idea. No cleat, light weight, lots of freedom.

i wouldn't say predictable but as soon as i saw them, i thought of you.

Ha!

All I will say, is do your darndest to try them on first. Based on your choice of footwear at the outing, I would also say you might like these quite a bit.

I read comments by the mfg. and he stated that the tread, on the shoes, will last about a year of regular golf! 6 months if you wear them around.
One year and they are done?! For that price?

No thanks...

they do seem to be rather expensive for what you get. i've seen them in person, and while i think they look cool, they don't have the tech that i see in some of the "sport" shoes from other companies (like my adidas tour 360's).

imo, they are expensive for one reason: b/c ryan moore wears them!

again, i'm looking forward to the review, and these shoes will make some happy, but i don't think that they are for everyone.

they do seem to be rather expensive for what you get. i've seen them in person, and while i think they look cool, they don't have the tech that i see in some of the "sport" shoes from other companies (like my adidas tour 360's).

imo, they are expensive for one reason: b/c ryan moore wears them!

again, i'm looking forward to the review, and these shoes will make some happy, but i don't think that they are for everyone.

anyone? anyone? agree/disagree?

anyone? anyone? agree/disagree?

I would agree with that. The shape looks a little like the Nike sprinters shoes I wore in high school track. Great for that task, but don't look like much use to me on a golf course.

I would completely agree. I think some of these smaller companies want to come in and get prime time prices. To me, some of them need ot make a base first...then work your way up.

i think it's important to look at the player endorsing the product, and ryan moore is a clown to me. to me he is associated with companies that thrive off of hype rather than results. the fact that he wears them is a statement in itself.

I actually liked the shirt and tie here but the pants and shoes didnt go with the outfit.

100810_MG_Moore.jpg

i think it's important to look at the player endorsing the product, and ryan moore is a clown to me. to me he is associated with companies that thrive off of hype rather than results. the fact that he wears them is a statement in itself.

I think in some ways that makes a lot of sense. My thoughts here are NOT part of my thoughts on the shoes, those will come in a separate review. But you are right in my opinion TC. Moore has made a "career" out of being the "anti" guy. The guy that does his own thing. The guy that does not have sponsors (except when he does). The guy that goes against the grain. And he is incredibly popular for these very things (of course none of it is real anymore). You are right though, products that sell based solely on hype (whether they are good or not), are hard for a lot of consumers to swallow. Lets face it, the 2 big things that Moore is known for products wise, are Scratch Golf and these shoes. Both of which must be ordered online (generalizing of course). I cannot fathom EVER ordering a pair of shoes online that are unique and have not been tried on.

But these will sell out immediately based on hype (again, nothing wrong with that) and him wearing them. Its a good business plan if you have the goods to back up the hype. Some feel Scratch Golf does, others feel it is just hype based solely on a different website. The same thing will be said about these shoes. Those that order immediately, are doing so based SOLELY on how they look in pictures and where they have seen them online or TV. None of which has to do with the comfort of the shoe.

Our review will be up next week and I think it might be a little different than what everybody has heard in the past.

Ryan Moore needs a fashion makeover...stat!
I actually liked the shirt and tie here but the pants and shoes didnt go with the outfit.

100810_MG_Moore.jpg

as usual JB pretty much blows away what i've been trying to say. i agree with every single line in your post. deep down, i believe that's what linkswear is doing (following Scatch's suit) and for some reason it just bothers me.

they do look cool though.

you're a better man than I, I saw you with those on and my feet hurt just by looking at them. looking forward to your final thoughts especially on the fit and feel aspect
Wore these on Saturday for our range session. And will be wearing them for a full round tomorrow. I have very mixed feelings on them so far.

I am interested at how they compare to the ECCOs. The ECCOs seem more accessible.

Back