True Linkswear True Eco Knit shoes

Preordered the Lux Knit ...

My problem with the originals and why I got away froom True is that they were too roomy - my big toe would have bruises from moving around in the shoe. I went to Ecco but they never quite fit - between size 44 and 45.

So the new True look a bit more normal but not as wide as the originals. Thankful. I bought some cushiony shoes recently and I like the zeroish drop better - just lose some stability with too much cushion.

Preordered the Lux Knit ...

My problem with the originals and why I got away froom True is that they were too roomy - my big toe would have bruises from moving around in the shoe. I went to Ecco but they never quite fit - between size 44 and 45.

So the new True look a bit more normal but not as wide as the originals. Thankful. I bought some cushiony shoes recently and I like the zeroish drop better - just lose some stability with too much cushion.

I would like to go back to a zero drop shoe...

I'm liking the look of the OG Feel. The comfort of the OG in a knit version? Yes please! The Lux knit looks nice, but it's not zero drop and it has a thicker sole, I like the minimalist/zero drop sole of the OG.

[Edit:] Trigger pulled. Preordered the OG Feel in "Everyday Gray". Take my money! 🔥

View attachment 8942870
I am getting ready to order those

I am getting ready to order those
I love the regular OGs, so I’m sure these will be good. I got an email last week saying that shipping of the preorders was delayed until June15th, so I should have them within a week after that.

Serious ponder on the Eco Knit for my walking shoe. Really like the style. Every review I have read is positive so I may pull the trigger.

Serious ponder on the Eco Knit for my walking shoe. Really like the style. Every review I have read is positive so I may pull the trigger.

Have worn them for 2 rounds and really enjoy them. I wore my Cuater moneymakers yesterday and my left dog was barking. Thinking it is time for the Eco knit to be my go to for a while.

Have worn them for 2 rounds and really enjoy them. I wore my Cuater moneymakers yesterday and my left dog was barking. Thinking it is time for the Eco knit to be my go to for a while.
I was disappointed in the moneymakers, I bought them and wore them once. They have been unused ever since.

I was disappointed in the moneymakers, I bought them and wore them once. They have been unused ever since.

This was my 5th round in them and first time of any issue. think for my wide flat feet the trues are just better.

I think these will be my next buy...

Earlier this week they added 2 more colors to this line: Sand and Forrest. The addition of Sand likely locked me into getting a pair of these.

Earlier this week they added 2 more colors to this line: Sand and Forrest. The addition of Sand likely locked me into getting a pair of these.
The Sand color looks nice, and I love that they're zero drop. If the Eco Knits had a wide toe box like the OGs I'd be all over them.

Eco Knits are on the way. I’m excited to give these a shot.

I gamed some True Knits for 2019. 20-25 rounds and twice as many range and practice sessions. Super light and comfy, great breathability, Nice wide toe box. I will say the cushioning didn’t last. I even tried some gel inserts. Near the end the soles of my feet were so sore after a round or even practice.

Great shoe and comfort, until it wasn’t. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a downer. They just didn’t last for me and my feet.

Last edited:
Eco Knits are on the way. I’m excited to give these a shot.
I’m excited for what you think, I’m tempted, it’s not a popular brand around here, but I’ve always liked what TL does, and they’ve always been really good for me.

Like a few others here I pre-ordered the knit OG Feel. Should be shipping next week, so will circle back here and provide thoughts once I have them.

I’m excited for what you think, I’m tempted, it’s not a popular brand around here, but I’ve always liked what TL does, and they’ve always been really good for me.

I've mostly worn a more traditional golf shoe, but I wanted to try something different so here we go. The Eco Knit looks like what I wear off the course, so if it doesn't work for playing, I could use it in other settings I think.

I gamed some True Knits for 2019. 20-25 rounds and twice as many range and practice sessions. Super light and comfy, great breathability, Nice wide toe box. I will say the cushioning didn’t last. I even tried some gel inserts. Near the end the soles of my feet were so sore after a round or even practice.

Great shoe and comfort, until it wasn’t. Sorry, I don’t mean to be a downer. They just didn’t last for me and my feet.

Giving your honest feedback is not being a downer. I come here for people's honest thoughts so I appreciate it.

Have you tried reaching out to True to see if they can do anything?

What color you go with?

Black. Figured they would hide dirt and blemishes better and I have been wearing black Nike SB shoes forever so it goes with just about everything I have.

Wore these for 18 on Saturday and I really enjoyed them. Couple things: They have a generous toe box, but not as wide as the OG. closer to the Outsider to me, but with more flexiblity in the upper material, so a little more give.

They are so LIGHT. Lightest shoes I have can remember wearing. The sole is thicker than the original, but still good feedback. Reminds me a lot of the True Knit, but slightly wider toe box and a different tread pattern. Not as soft/comfortable as the Cuater Moneymakers I wore the 2 previous rounds (I find that to be maybe the most luxurious insert I have ever felt) but these will be my go to when it gets warm (90+) and for $100 with no tax I feel like it is a solid value.

do these fit true to size? currently in FJ XP Flexes in 11's.

Black. Figured they would hide dirt and blemishes better and I have been wearing black Nike SB shoes forever so it goes with just about everything I have.

Probably a good thought. I have the stone and they show a little. could probably clean them up but really it isn't noticeable enough for me to do anything.

I can't tell but are these the knit shoes that are waterproof? I thought i saw something about that from TL?

do these fit true to size? currently in FJ XP Flexes in 11's.

I should wear a 10 based on getting my foot sized at a shop last year, wear a 10 in these. can't compare to footjoy because I haven't worn a pair of those for many years and don't even remember what size I wore.

compared to Nike these are a wider last (or at least 3-4 years ago Nike as I stopped trying), more similar to New Balance standard, maybe right on the D/E line but not a EE or EEEE like the True OG.

I should wear a 10 based on getting my foot sized at a shop last year, wear a 10 in these. can't compare to footjoy because I haven't worn a pair of those for many years and don't even remember what size I wore.

compared to Nike these are a wider last (or at least 3-4 years ago Nike as I stopped trying), more similar to New Balance standard, maybe right on the D/E line but not a EE or EEEE like the True OG.

this might seal the deal for me...I don't care for wide but I need something wider than regular.

I can't tell but are these the knit shoes that are waterproof? I thought i saw something about that from TL?

These are not waterproof, those are the Lux Knit.

they are currently in the preorder stage and are a different model/price point.

Ah gotcha. I knew i saw them.

Back